Myspace

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

son_michael wrote:ill agree with you there, my friend used it to let people know he was performing, but most people dont use it for that purpose
Most people don't use it for that, so what? Just because most people order Big Mac when they go to Mc Donald's doesn't mean that Mc Donald's only sell Big Mac.
son_michael wrote:anywhoo it looks like everybody's ready to crucify me because I said something bad about myspace
It's not because you said something bad about MySpace. It's because you insult others by saying that MySpace is stupid that has no point (which was soon proven to be wrong). I have MySpace and my friends are only like 20s there. Am I one of those who use it for "gotta catch em all"? No, I'm not. And when you generalize most people to be like that, that means you're making that comment to include myself in it, and I'm clearly not one of them. Neither are my friends. Believe it or not, seeing what your friends do doesn't equate to "most people". There are far more people in there than just your friends. You might hang out with friends who care about collecting Pokemonfriends, but not me.
son_michael wrote:futch asked what everyone thought of myspace and I answered...its not against the rules to reply in 2 or 3 sentences..and my reply was on topic..so its not spam
It was spam because you were being inappropriate about it. That's why posts like "I agree" or "I disagree" is also spam. You said MySpace is stupid, but you didn't explain why you think it's stupid. Do you understand? We can talk about technicalities all we want (send me PM) if you want to continue and I'd be happy to keep on explaining it to you why your first post was spam and why you were lucky that we let you easy.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Simon M.

Post by Simon M. »

no offense.. I think myspace is stupid. Some girls just get on to show other guys how thye look when they strip. I think its ridiculous. I know little KIDS about 8 or 9 years old who has myspace. They must be entertain looking at those strippers.. Sorry I have this against thingy for kids with corrupted minds..
"Come friends, to the Land of Guild
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

you all take things too personally,my comments were about myspace and not the people

I wont say anymore cause I dont want to have an argument
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Simon M. wrote:no offense.. I think myspace is stupid. Some girls just get on to show other guys how thye look when they strip. I think its ridiculous. I know little KIDS about 8 or 9 years old who has myspace. They must be entertain looking at those strippers.. Sorry I have this against thingy for kids with corrupted minds..
This is exactly why there's a need of parental control on internet usage by kids. And I blame the parents more than MySpace if this happens. MySpace is not meant to be used that way, if people felt the need to abuse the usage of MySpace, then blame the abusers, not the provider. We punish killers, not the developer who made the gun that was used to kill people.
son_michael wrote:you all take things too personally,my comments were about myspace and not the people
If I insult USA and you're an American, then you'd be offended too. It's the same case here. You insult MySpace as stupid, then you also insult the users because that's implicitly saying "You're stupid too for using stupid service".
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Raging Barows Brat

Post by Raging Barows Brat »

Er...to lighten the mood a bit...

I don’t personally use myspace, and given, a lot of people who do use it are those who, let’s say, lack real friends. I think these are the ones son_michael is talking about. Like Red Killey and others here have said, it's not the fault of myspace that some losers abuse it for loser purposes.

And, at the same time, there are really cool things about it, such as the aforementioned purpose of having it as a musical outlet—some cannot get their stuff “out there” otherwise, so it’s a nice way to build up a fan base. And some recording artists who are cool enough actually use it as a way to communicate and interact with fans, sometimes quite intimately. And THAT, my friends, is fun. I personally enjoy Weird Al Yankovic’s Myspace page.

Just try to pretend Al isn’t awesome. Just try.
Futch

Post by Futch »

I agree with Son Michael. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and his is opinion that myspace sucks. I don't think anyone needs to be offended by that. After all, myspace is an online community, not a country. You can say an email service sucks without insulting the users. While he should have gone into a bit more detail, no one has any reason to take offense. So please say your last words on the matter and let this remain a friendly thread.
Everyone loves Dragons. Cause If they don't.... >;(
hotspot

Post by hotspot »

I dont go on myspace i think its silly i mean you can talk about yourself anywhere on the internet almost anywhere, i think my space is for school students that don't really surf the web and hang out with their friends so much they wear the same clothes or they dont look up things that they like, like suikoden!.
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

hotspot wrote:i think my space is for school students that don't really surf the web and hang out with their friends so much they wear the same clothes or they dont look up things that they like, like suikoden!.
uh what.

I just really hate the generalization of it all. I too didn't like myspace until I tried it out for myself. Everyone kept telling me to get one and I kept saying it was dumb and I didn't want one. Now I'm really glad I do. My circle of real-life friends has grown and I've been able to reconnect with a lot of people. So no, it's not just for people who don't hang out in real life because I actually use it as a tool to communicate MORE with those people in real life.
Purr.
hotspot

Post by hotspot »

i mean people who don't go on the computer often, that are in school(although i don't mean everybody.)
Kirkis

Post by Kirkis »

There are a LOT of idiots on MySpace, who are like... "Look at my dumb layout, I'm gonna leave comments on girl's pictures saying how bad I want them, and how hot they are, etc."

It's kind of a giant failure of a dating service sometimes, but it does have it's good points as everyone mentioned. Basically, think of MySpace as any normal society, there are people you clique with, and people you don't. Just avoid the people who aren't your cup of tea, and you'll be fine.
- Kirkis
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

i dont think myspace is stupid but some people on myspace tha ruin it for everyone. its basically a website where you put pictures up and information about yourself. you can make it private and deny people who you dont want to add so its all up to you. its just a communication system for people with less tension. but then again there are people who ruin it like 40 year old guys actin like 14 year old boys or girls. but then again its not just with myspace but a lot of things like yahoo, aim, msn but majority of it is myspace because of it popularity and how many people are on there

anyways my link to myspace is below

http://www.myspace.com/muslim_baller786
KnightSeed

Post by KnightSeed »

I agree with Son Michael as well.
That`s that, gb
Shikton

Post by Shikton »

Yeah I like MySpace. Not that I'm too active on there, but it's got a decent collection of message boards and groups related to my interests, a ton of people to talk to, a few annoying invite bots I block :P and a few of my online and RL friends have accounts. Why not take part?

Sure, there are those who just go on to collect friends they never talk to. But you know what? Why let it bother you? If they ask for a friend add, deny it! It's not that hard.

http://www.myspace.com/shikton
I am Shikton, the Slayer of Bunnies.
Crowley's_Apprentice
Banned User

Post by Crowley's_Apprentice »

I agree with Pollensalta. I love myspace, rather addicted to it. I have like seventy good friends in there... and i've had it for like a year. i dont befriend people i dont know.
http://www.myspace.com/studly_genius

i mostly use it to chat with my girlfriend and invite people to my frequent and badass parties.
"Giggity Giggity Giggity!!!"--Glen Quagmire
"Victory is mine!"--Stewie Griffin
"Oh that's just nastee..."--Cleveland
"...evil monkey living in my closet..."--Chris Griffin