Myspace

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Futch

Myspace

Post by Futch »

It surprised me that I could not find anything about myspace, so I searched it, but I got nothing significant, but please forgive me if this topic is redundant or if it pisses someone off.

Anyhoo, what do you all think of Myspace.com? Personally I like it, but I know a lot of people, especially parents, oppose it. I think it's ridiculus that they have software out now that will allow parents to moniter every keystroke their teen enters.

Also, if you have a Myspace, feel free to post it here, unless the Admins have a prolem with it.

Mine: <myspace.com/hermit_li>
Everyone loves Dragons. Cause If they don't.... >;(
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

myspace is stupid

there is no point to it whatsoever

my 2 cents
Feldoon

Re: Myspace

Post by Feldoon »

Futch wrote:I think it's ridiculus that they have software out now that will allow parents to moniter every keystroke their teen enters.
I don't. Especially when it's not their computer and/or they're going against their parents' permissions when it's their internet.

Elsewhys, I agree with son_michael.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

son_michael wrote:myspace is stupid

Mind expanding?

I don't like MySpace either, but it's a little close-minded to say "there's no point" to it.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Jowy Atreides wrote:

Could you say a little something more than two lines? There's obviously a "point" to it, otherwise it wouldn't exist. Keeping up with old friends, updating on your daily life without having to individually contact people, meeting people, showing people what you look like, etc.

I don't even like MySpace, but it's a little close-minded to say "there's no point" to something, when there obviously is.
is it against the rules to say 2 or 3 sentences?

myspace is stupid, most people use it so they can collect freinds.{gotta catch em all?} for everything you just said there are other means, like email for example, you can use email to keep in touch with old friends and show them your pictures, most of my friends have my space so I know all about it

my space is a waste of space, it has no use whatsoever other than to make money for the person that created it
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

Stop spamming.

I think myspace is great, because there are a lot of old friends that I've lost touch with that I haven't seen or talked to in YEARS that I've met up with again on that site. You can look up people by their name (if they put it in; you don't have to if you don't want to). I'm so surprised at how many old friends I'm in contact with again because of it. It's a great way to communicate.
Purr.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

It's an ideal tool for promoting music. So there's one "point" to it, son_michael.

Anyways, my MySpace is http://www.myspace.com/l_u_ke
My band; http://www.myspace.com/tapestryofflesh
Night

Post by Night »

Since moving to a different country to go to uni, I've found Myspace to be a great way to keep in touch with people. You've got them all in one place, where you can never lose them :)
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
Kirkis

Post by Kirkis »

MySpace is a good way to keep in touch with and find people who you haven't seen/talked to in forever, due to lack of phone numbers, etc.

It's a good tool for keeping in touch, as long as you don't turn into a 'MySpace Addict' with the 2000 friends, whom you never talk to and don't even know, and you talk about concerts, etc. all the time.
- Kirkis
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

I like myspace. I like xanga as well. I find that myspace is good for going on pointless rants about nothing. I can be more free in what I say on myspace because it's not as popular as xanga in my area. I have to watch what I say on xanga more. Anyways:

My myspace: http://www.myspace.com/amaterasu451
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

son_michael wrote:is it against the rules to say 2 or 3 sentences?

myspace is stupid, most people use it so they can collect freinds.{gotta catch em all?} for everything you just said there are other means, like email for example, you can use email to keep in touch with old friends and show them your pictures, most of my friends have my space so I know all about it
It is not against the rules to say 2 or 3 sentences, but it is against the rules to spam. Unfortunately, your previous post was indeed a spam. So please don't repeat that again in the future. Surely you can express your dislike toward MySpace in a more proper manner.

And don't generalize people by saying that most of them use it to collect friends. It's far beyond that. Musicians (especially the smaller ones like Lemmy's band) are very grateful with the MySpace existing to promote their music for free. It can also be an outlet to communicate with the fans.

Yes you can email to keep in touch with old friends and show them your pictures, but seriously, the "Friends" bit in MySpace is useful because you'd only need to find 1 of your old friend, and then you can see their friends to find your old mutual friends. Something that you can't do via email as you don't have access to your friend's email address book.

And of course you can also find new friends there (surely you won't send random email to random person?) that might share similar interest with you. It's even better if that new friend somehow lives nearby or whatnot so you can also be friends in real life.

So please open your mind before labelling one thing as stupid. Most of your friends might fall into the "gotta catch em all" category, but don't generalize others into the same group as your friends when you don't even know us.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

Lemmy Claypool wrote:It's an ideal tool for promoting music. So there's one "point" to it, son_michael.

This, my friends, is a good example of a myspace whore.

:P

I have one as well, which is at http://www.myspace.com/pollensalta

I just think it's a great alternative way of contact. My friends know it's almost as easy to get ahold of me on there than it is on my cell phone.
Purr.
Michael Easton

Post by Michael Easton »

Lemmy Claypool wrote:It's an ideal tool for promoting music. So there's one "point" to it, son_michael.

I've just checked out your band, very Napalm Death, sounds pretty good. What do you play in the band? By the way, what the hell happens with the vocals at the end of "The Banana Splits A..."?
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Michael Easton wrote:

I've just checked out your band, very Napalm Death, sounds pretty good. What do you play in the band? By the way, what the hell happens with the vocals at the end of "The Banana Splits A..."?
Haha, cheers, Napalm are our main influence so that's quite the compliment, however I should add that those recordings were made when we first started out and we've improved vastly since then. I play bass.

As for the end of 'Banana Splits...' that was just something Phil (our vocalist) decided to add when we recorded and it's been a part of the song ever since lol.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

ill agree with you there, my friend used it to let people know he was performing, but most people dont use it for that purpose

anywhoo it looks like everybody's ready to crucify me because I said something bad about myspace

I have my oppinion and im entitled to it, I dont like Myspace and its not because im close minded, I know all about it from my friends{meaning ive watched them and experimented with it} and I still think its stupid

btw...I know you will all hate me more for this but my first post wasn't spam

futch asked what everyone thought of myspace and I answered...its not against the rules to reply in 2 or 3 sentences..and my reply was on topic..so its not spam