Myspace

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
ShakenMike

Re: Myspace

Post by ShakenMike »

Also facebook images doesn't seem to work and their search feature is disable for guest like me because I want to do a search for a friend there but it won't let me.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Because you have to register to be able to do anything. It's one of the things, that I feel, makes it safer than myspace. Random people can't just look at your page and stalk you or something.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

Chris_Lightfellow wrote:Because you have to register to be able to do anything. It's one of the things, that I feel, makes it safer than myspace. Random people can't just look at your page and stalk you or something.
Yeah, they can't look at your page at ALL unless you've accepted a friend request from that person. Definitely a good thing to keep stalkers away!
Purr.
ShakenMike

Post by ShakenMike »

I'm a member on facebook now and I'm doing very well so far.

I just found a good Suikoden group there and I'm not sure it the right one to join.
Michael Easton

Post by Michael Easton »

Pollensalta wrote:
Chris_Lightfellow wrote:Because you have to register to be able to do anything. It's one of the things, that I feel, makes it safer than myspace. Random people can't just look at your page and stalk you or something.
Yeah, they can't look at your page at ALL unless you've accepted a friend request from that person. Definitely a good thing to keep stalkers away!
Indeed. I've found that as you have to know another person's name you're more likely to make friends with people you actually know and not get random friend requests.

Whilst on the subject of Facebook has anyone here added the Texas Hold Em application? I have and it's slowly but surely taking over my life!
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i think both sites are problematic. i have a facebook acct and i find it's extremely superficial.. blogging is possible but de-emphasized while the big thing are stupid applications like "super poke" that fill up one's page... there are small ads on your starting page every day and many of the applications do try to get you to pay some money to 'unlock' special features. it's really not very interesting, but at least i can find friends' contact information and current occupation or whatever quickly.. the rest is very blah.

facebook also gives you way too much information.. like "so and so wrote on this stranger's Wall - click here to read it"... why should i care about this, and why should i be able to read it? there was a recent article about a NYU freshman whose girlfriend saw he bought tickets on fandango.. it publicized the movie, place and time so the girlfriend was ready. but of course he was with his other girlfriend at the time! some of it is due to stupidity, as there was supposed to be a message telling him it would be publicized on his facebook unless he clicked on something to not publicize it within 5 seconds..... but it's also got flaws where you don't see this message apparently.

myspace is seriously overpopulated with sex ads, nuff said.
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

I don't get sex ads at all. All it takes is a second to set in your controls if you want messages from people you don't know, or you can make them type in a word to make sure it's not a bot. It's so easy. I never have any problems anymore now that they implemented the security measures. Too bad most folks don't know about them.
Purr.
Chris_Lightfellow

I think a bunch of my friends' myspace accounts got hacked or something since they keep leaving ads as comments. :P
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

myspace.com/jess_mariano

that's me. Deon :D

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
ShakenMike

Post by ShakenMike »

Facebook is more useful but it causes alot of problems with bot FIrefox and internet explorer.
Chris_Lightfellow

I use Firefox and Facebook works just fine with it. I have problems with it at school since my school has IE and it's not the upgraded version.

RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

I use firefox too. . no problems here with either facebook or myspace.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
ShakenMike

Post by ShakenMike »

I do have an Facebook profile.I'm not sure if there any suikoden fans on that site.
Chris_Lightfellow

If you guys want Suikoden fans, there are Suikoden groups on Facebook. Just do a search and you'll find them.

ShakenMike

Post by ShakenMike »

Is facebook much safer for me to go from now on?

But the one thing about Facebook(Firefox and Internet explorer doesn't seem to load very well)