Cunctation

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Cunctation

Post by dragonmasterx »

Do you tend to procrastinate?

One area where I've always procrastinated in is essays for school. I've always waited till the night before. It feels like there's no motivation to do it at first. But the night before, there's no other choice; we either write the paper overnight or fail. I can't do that with those long 10+ page research papers though.
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

GOD YES. I always waited til the night before to do my homework, even if it was a huge project. In every class but math, I'd always pull an A out of thin air for some reason, just because I happened to be really good in school.

Except for that math, which was a completely different story.
Purr.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

Yes, As evidenced by the futon sitting in its box in my apartment, where its been for a over a week, untouched because assembly is just not what I feel like doing.
Occam Arkitect

Post by Occam Arkitect »

God No. I always try to do anything as early as possible so I can sit my lazy ass off later.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Heck yeah. I always do everything last minute. Except for research papers. Those you kinda have to start in advance b/c of the stupid sources. We have to have a certain number of sources and at least one of them has to be an actual book.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Fu Su Lu

Post by Fu Su Lu »

Yeah I have a natural tendence to do everything last sec, but that is something I fight against , but let me say that with litlle success
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

I wish I could get things done as early as the last minute.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

I wasn't like that at all, in most of my classes, until recently. A paper that was worth 30% of my final grade was due today at noon, I didn't start working on it until 9 am and it was to be 10 page minimum. Ha, somehow I managed to do a great job.
I hope everything is going delicious.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

I've been part of the Procrastinators Club since like 5th grade. But seriously, some humanities classes should teach students how to write better instead of dwelling on hard facts about early history. It's nice to know about Napoleon, french revolution, the english monarchy, etc... but it's practically USELESS in today's world when people and businesses are looking AHEAD. The world doesn't learn from history anyway cause there's still stupid wars about stupid borders, religion, etc.., why should we? Knowing history will get you nowhere in this world unless you work in like a museum.
I read to enjoy reading, not to write some stupid 20 page reasearch paper on the book. sheesh. Some history and literature classes just go way overboard if you know what i mean.
Strategy is the key to victory!
Kirkis

Post by Kirkis »

I ROCK at procrastination, but I bust out some AMAZING projects in the process. Like right now, I've got like 2 weeks or less to pump out 3 portfolio approved multimedia pieces... I'd like to think I'm 50% done.
- Kirkis
Mikalakatov

Post by Mikalakatov »

If there was a class that taught procrastination, they'd use me as an example all the time. I am a HUGE procrastinator, though I try to motivate myself to do things early, or to do things at all, I always wait until about 3-30 minutes before the thing is due, even projects that should take weeks to do. It's such a hard habit to break...
Iku

Post by Iku »

im just plain lazy, i guess, i do well at school but i always leave everything to the last minute to the piont of stupidity. thats why im not doing english this year im trying ot stick with courses that dont require coursework! i like to read but explaining a book to me seems over kill!
LAZINESS ROCKS!!!
heheheehehehe
'Believed the evidence of your own eyes, did ya? In a place like this?' Granny Weatherwax