Possibility of Suiko 1 on Gametap?

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Servonut

Possibility of Suiko 1 on Gametap?

Post by Servonut »

I've been considering trying to fit Gametap into my budget. I really think its an ingenious idea (that'll surely be one-upped by Wii IMHO) that gives gamers a chance to play games (leagally) that they may have missed in the past.

The recent licencing agreement with Konami that Gametap has just struck has got me thinking. I'd like to hear what you all think the chances are of seeing Suikoden 1 being released for download through this service. Although they do seem to be concentrating all their efforts on releasing titles that showed up on Sega's systems or PC, I don't think it'd be impossible. I mean, wasn't Suiko 1 released on the Dreamcast at one point?
Last edited by Servonut on Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just repeat to yourself "it's just a show, I should really just relax".
"Tact is just not saying true stuff, I'll pass." - Cordelia Chase
Alen

Re: Possibility of Suiko 1 on Gametap?

Post by Alen »

Servonut wrote:I mean, wasn't Suiko 1 released on the Dreamcast at one point?
No. Suikoden was released on the Sega Saturn in 1998. No Suikoden game has ever been on any other Sega console save for the Saturn.

Regardless, I seriously doubt GameTap would include Suikoden 1, just because it's most likely considered far too old to be worth their efforts. Though, I know next to nothing about GameTap, except for what I've seen in the commercials. Didn't seem worth the money, so I never bothered.
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

Suikoden I was on the PC.

That'd be easy to do.
Darian

Re: Possibility of Suiko 1 on Gametap?

Post by Darian »

Alen wrote:
Servonut wrote:I mean, wasn't Suiko 1 released on the Dreamcast at one point?
Regardless, I seriously doubt GameTap would include Suikoden 1, just because it's most likely considered far too old to be worth their efforts.
Too old?

I've only seen the commercials, myself, but I saw a lot of old games in those commercials. O_o
Occam Arkitect

Post by Occam Arkitect »

I don't like the idea of a great game just being DL'd or something, like Castlevania SOTN for the 360.
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

Why not? It's a legit copy saved to a hard drive rather than a CD.
Occam Arkitect

Post by Occam Arkitect »

No, I mean, by DL'ing it's just too easy to get a great game, that's all.. I just wanted people to put some effort into picking the right game for them.