Shouldn't a company that sells games know about them?

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Night

Shouldn't a company that sells games know about them?

Post by Night »

I work for a certain large games retailer in the UK, so I get to see quite a bit of the retail side of the industry from the view of the multinational. It's fairly common for managers and regional managers to not have much knowledge about the games, as they're in the business to essentially do paperwork and keep things running smoothly, and leave the actual dealing with customers to us. But you still hope that somewhere in the infrastructure at head office are individuals who have at least some product knowledge that relates to the games industry (even if they do decide that the only games we're allowed to sell in deals with the 360 are Fifa: Road to World Cup and King Kong). So it's always nice to realise that, really, they don't have a clue. As with this beautiful example I found on our pre-order liststoday, and that is luckily also on the website:

http://www.game.co.uk/ViewProduct.aspx? ... mid=328784
Crisis Core:Final Fantasy VII:Dirge of Cerebus

Platform: PSP
I mean, fair play to them. Obviously, they've been a bit rushed, so they've mangled two games together and put the one that's actually been finished on the wrong console. I pity the poor souls who have actually paid to pre-order it already. But yeah, buy with confidence :roll:

*Edit* Heh, I just remembered the time they told us that Kingdom Hearts II had been cancelled. We broke a few hearts that week before we realised they were fools. :wink:
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away