Something I noticed...

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Koden

Something I noticed...

Post by Koden »

Mods are really strict with the boards here, aren't they? I've just noticed it because I'm used to unorganized forums...this is kinda nice, an actual enforcing of the rules...it's also kind of annoying to see them posting stuff 'cus people break the rules...oh well. I guess that's the price you pay.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

We know we have a reputation of being overly strict. Our moderation practices aren't set in stone, and there has been talk of relieving some rules. But doing that is hard while still trying to stimulate productive discussion.

We want to avoid having a board like Gamefaqs, where the same questions are answered over and over again countless times, and nothing new comes out of it.
Koden

Post by Koden »

Oh, I wasn't complaining! Ever gone to Bolt.com? Half the people there totally disregard the rules, which aren't enforced, and to make matters worse, nobody there can spell. It's quite annoying.

You guys are strict, but at least I don't have to see stupid people triple posting about the same thing everyone else had a discussion on last week.
Kirkis

Post by Kirkis »

I like these forums a lot, however, skirting issues with spoilers to suikoden 5 and other stuff is a little hard and confusing, especially if it's to reference something, IE Viki, or something. Aside from that it's pretty awesome, and even with that before mentioned thing it's nothing major.
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

The only rules I dislike here are the whole no images in posts or signatures. Still, I understand why. With all those in the dark ages/narrowband, they can't help it.

But I like the moderating here. Seems really rather neutral with the reinforcement.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Kirkis wrote:I like these forums a lot, however, skirting issues with spoilers to suikoden 5 and other stuff is a little hard and confusing, especially if it's to reference something, IE Viki, or something.
Yeah it's annoying but it's only temporary. It's for those PAL people out there. Once Suikoden V has been out in PAL for a few months we'll integrate the forums and allow posts everywhere, so hang in there.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

And bear in mind that I will still personally get in a headlock anyone that spoils anything major for me.

I've already had too much small stuff spoiled for me but I'm nice and good looking enough to let that slide.
ViktorFan

Post by ViktorFan »

Oppenheimer wrote: It's for those PAL people out there. Once Suikoden V has been out in PAL for a few months we'll integrate the forums and allow posts everywhere, so hang in there.
They say the european release will be around 20 september ... so there's an end in sight - I hope.
Kirkis

Post by Kirkis »

Yeah, I'd imagine it's hard to moderate a forum for a game series, and then avoid the spoilers, I do my best to be as ambiguous (sp?) as possible when I talk about 5.
Koden

Post by Koden »

And that's greatly appreciated! :D
Morridor

Post by Morridor »

I always have to admire mods for all the hard work they have to do every day with regulating the forum. It really does take a lot of time.

Then I have to laugh at the overly crazy mods who go through every single forum topic and warn everyone as possible for every single tiny violation of the rules, even if it is something as small as swearing with symbols to get around a filter or something.

Danny
Konami RPG Stars / Suikoden Website!
Click this Link for the Official Suikoden Website for free Suiko Art Books + OSVs, DS Lites, and $250 Gamestop gift cards
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

for the most part I really like the Moderation on suiko source, most people dont like suiko source because they cant be potty mouths{their star anyone?} honestly I like having intelligent conversation's without having to worry about excessive cursing and averting my eyes because I dont want to look at unpleasent things
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

We can cuss all we want, as long as we don't attack anyone. Cussing just isn't really necessary for Suikoden discussion.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Jowy Atreides wrote:We can cuss all we want, as long as we don't attack anyone. Cussing just isn't really necessary for Suikoden discussion.
really? im preety sure ive seen instances of mods warning people not to curse too much
Kirkis

Post by Kirkis »

Well I'm sure we can't drop a string of f-bombs into something we're saying, but if we're gonna drop the occasional ass or bitch perhaps in relation to a character we don't like, IE "Childerich is an ass.", it's allowed.