Something I noticed...

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

I'll just say that it is best to not use swear words.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

Kirkis wrote:Well I'm sure we can't drop a string of f-bombs into something we're saying, but if we're gonna drop the occasional ass or bitch perhaps in relation to a character we don't like, IE "Childerich is an ass.", it's allowed.
But then doesn't it become kinda a grey line?

I mean, over in Ol' Blighty, 'ass' isn't a cursive word.
Night

Post by Night »

Although I would hesitate to use 'arse' in polite conversation :wink:
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
xnostalgiax

Post by xnostalgiax »

This is a very informative board - with one flaw, not being able to post opinionated responses.

I guess its to keep tentions to a minimum.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

xnostalgiax wrote:This is a very informative board - with one flaw, not being able to post opinionated responses.

I guess its to keep tentions to a minimum.
We recently changed that. Now there's a sticky in every game's gameplay section where you are allowed to post your opinions. You just can't post opinions randomly throughout the rest of the forum.
Alen

Post by Alen »

Oppenheimer wrote:You just can't post opinions randomly throughout the rest of the forum.
I'm not sure if I'm understanding this -- you mean that we can only post facts?
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Alen wrote:I'm not sure if I'm understanding this -- you mean that we can only post facts?
Speculation and questions are also allowed. Just not opinion for the sake of it: ie "Jowy is my favourite character." or "I picked Orange Army because I like oranges", "Milich is better than Simone because he has a cool hat", etc. Make sense?

But if you wanted to post the Jowy comment in the Suikoden II sticky about opinions and reviews, you're more than welcome to.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Oppenheimer wrote:
Alen wrote:I'm not sure if I'm understanding this -- you mean that we can only post facts?
Speculation and questions are also allowed. Just not opinion for the sake of it: ie "Jowy is my favourite character." or "I picked Orange Army because I like oranges", "Milich is better than Simone because he has a cool hat", etc. Make sense?
Or in other words, if you want to post your opinion, make sure that you have good reasons to back it up. If you want to make a speculation, make sure you have facts to back it up. Don't just make speculation/opinion out of thin air because that's spam.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.