Stella Deus

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
CameoChic444

Stella Deus

Post by CameoChic444 »

Is it any good? What are the characters like?
Night

Post by Night »

As no-one else has answered I'll chip in with my thoughts on it. I haven't played it for very long, maybe 30min or so, but what I saw I wasn't impressed with. My eyesight isn't quite 20/20, and I found myself finding it quite hard to focus on the screen due to the texturing of the graphics. The camera was quite annoying too, it wasn't as easy to manipulate as Suikoden Tactics (my only other main influence of an SRPG). I haven't put enough time into it to judge the storyline just yet, but the characters are irritating me al ittle bit already. After playing it through that first time I haven't picked it up again.

Hopefully someone else has played it for longer and can prove me wrong.
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
Morridor

Post by Morridor »

I'll chip in, too. I've played it for a few hours and so far, I'm having a great time with it. It's very similar to NISA's Tactical RPGs, just with a slightly different battle system. I have to say that the storyline isn't amazing, but it's definitely worth one play through.

Danny
Konami RPG Stars / Suikoden Website!
Click this Link for the Official Suikoden Website for free Suiko Art Books + OSVs, DS Lites, and $250 Gamestop gift cards
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

I fount it to be decent. The monster designs are really awful, they had the monster designer for Megaten/Shin Megami games design them. And apparently, those designs don't work too well in a medieval fantasy setting.
Alen

Post by Alen »

dragonmasterx wrote:I fount it to be decent. The monster designs are really awful, they had the monster designer for Megaten/Shin Megami games design them. And apparently, those designs don't work too well in a medieval fantasy setting.
Uh, no. You're incorrect. The demon designer for Megami Tensei was Kazuma Kaneko. Kaneko had nothing to do with Stella Deus. Shigenori Soejima, who did bust art for (edit: not sure if he did any character designs for the following games, though, he may have) Soul Hackers, Persona 2: Innocent Sin, and Persona 2: Eternal Punishment, did the character designs for Stella Deus, as well as the art and character designs for the abysmal Persona 3. I don't know if he did the enemy designs in Stella Deus, but it sure as hell wasn't Kaneko. Soejima may have done the monsters, but it was probably some other staff member I've never heard of.

I thought Stella Deus was a good attempt. Though, if I wanted a Strategy-RPG from Atlus, it would've been another Majin Tensei game. But, Soejima's art and character designs for Stella Deus was great -- very unique. While not on par with Kazuma Kaneko, he really did hold his own in Stella Deus, even if his art and designs for Persona 3 pretty much sucked. The music is also fairly good. Probably the only time I can ever claim a Hitoshi Sakimoto OST to be good, as that guy rarely ever does a song that ISN'T bland as hell.