Dead Rising

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Kirkis

Dead Rising

Post by Kirkis »

Well, I'm not too sure if an RPG Forum is the best place to bring up buuut... I'd like to give a big two thumbs up to this awesome zombie fans wet dream of a game. So... if you enjoy Dynasty Warriors and Action RPGs, or are just a Zombie Fan, definitely check this out.
Hot Like Wasabi

Post by Hot Like Wasabi »

Downloaded the demo off of Marketplace, pretty fun. Not sure if I would pay $60 for it though.
Kirkis

Post by Kirkis »

Well, I'm not entirely sure how the demo plays out, I think the demo gives you a false sense of what the game is about though. I mean, killing zombies is the least of your problems, most of the time you're fighting psychotic humans, cultists, and other weird stuff. You also go on a LOT of rescue missions which are pretty fun and enthralling. Nothing like being low on health, and then having to rescue your rescuee because he's being swarmed by zombies.
Alen

Post by Alen »

Yeah, I've been interested in this game since they announced it, but, am currently unable to play it due to me lacking an X-Box 360. I'd buy one if Dead Rising wasn't the only game I had any interest in.

Question: Can you kill a zombie with a screwdriver, like in Dawn of the Dead?
Kirkis

Post by Kirkis »

I'm sure you could, although I haven't found a screwdriver yet.
Waylander

Post by Waylander »

Alen wrote:Yeah, I've been interested in this game since they announced it, but, am currently unable to play it due to me lacking an X-Box 360. I'd buy one if Dead Rising wasn't the only game I had any interest in.

Question: Can you kill a zombie with a screwdriver, like in Dawn of the Dead?
My thoughts exactly.

I played some on a friends console. It's all kinds of fun, but gets old; as does Dynasty Warriors.
Last edited by Waylander on Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Occam Arkitect

Post by Occam Arkitect »

Kirkis wrote:Well, I'm not entirely sure how the demo plays out, I think the demo gives you a false sense of what the game is about though. I mean, killing zombies is the least of your problems, most of the time you're fighting psychotic humans, cultists, and other weird stuff. You also go on a LOT of rescue missions which are pretty fun and enthralling. Nothing like being low on health, and then having to rescue your rescuee because he's being swarmed by zombies.

Sounds like RE4 to me.. but this IS capcom.
Kirkis

Post by Kirkis »

Well, Cultists don't play a major part, and from what I read the best part about the game, surprisingly, is it's storyline, which issues a hard hitting awesome political message apparently from what I've read in Game Informer (It made Game of the Month).
Morridor

Post by Morridor »

I've tried it. I'd say the best part of this game is just the random weapons you can find everywhere. I mean you can use almost anything as a weapon! It's really not that great of a game, but it does serve its purpose.

Danny
Konami RPG Stars / Suikoden Website!
Click this Link for the Official Suikoden Website for free Suiko Art Books + OSVs, DS Lites, and $250 Gamestop gift cards
Alen

Post by Alen »

Morridor wrote:I've tried it. I'd say the best part of this game is just the random weapons you can find everywhere. I mean you can use almost anything as a weapon! It's really not that great of a game, but it does serve its purpose.
What exactly is it's "purpose"?
Kirkis

Post by Kirkis »

Well, I suppose it depends on the type of games you enjoy, if you're a sports game player, you wouldn't enjoy this game, same if you're a hardcore RPG player, but if you're the hack & slash player and enjoyed games like Devil May Cry, Gungrave, and stuff like that, or were just a zombie fan in general, then this game is a pretty good dream come true.

The purpose of every game out there, for the most part, is to entertain it's target audience.
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

I find the movement speed of the protagonist to be too slow.
Alen

Post by Alen »

One of the most appealing things about the game, to me, that I've seen so far are the various Capcom references the game seems to have. Mega Man 2 movie poster, ServBots, Jill's Sandwiches, a Mega Man outfit, etc.

Of course, this is just what I've seen in screenshots. Hopefully, there's more.
Ramses

Post by Ramses »

Kirkis wrote:Well, I suppose it depends on the type of games you enjoy, if you're a sports game player, you wouldn't enjoy this game, same if you're a hardcore RPG player
I play mostly RPG's and Sport Games, and I LOVE DEAD RISING!
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

It looks awesome.

Shame I couldn't give a monkey's about the 360 ;P