Guitar Hero

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Hot Like Wasabi

Guitar Hero

Post by Hot Like Wasabi »

Didn't find a thread on this game so I was curious to see if any one has played it? I got it for Xmas last year and still play it. It is one of those rare games where you will actually see an improvement in your skills, finishing songs that previously blew you away. I'd like to see someone make a custom Suikoden GH controller in the same vain as the forum member here put a nice Suikoden sticker on his real guitar.

Guitar Hero II is set to hit the streets in November and that is a day one purchase for me.
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

Yeah, we sell Guitar Hero and all of the guys I work with are addicted to the damn thing. I play guitar in real life and when I smoked the guys who have been practicing forever on the game in one try, they were pissed. The game isn't very fun for me since I can already play.
Purr.
Hot Like Wasabi

Post by Hot Like Wasabi »

My next venture is to try to play real guitar. We'll see how that goes :?
Night

Post by Night »

Yeah, I'm with Pollensalta on this. Something about already being able to play guitar meant I was able to pick it up so much quicker than anyone else in the store. Maybe it's a combination of familiarity and rhythm. However, after playing it in the store quite a bit, I found myself getting bored. None of us staff play it anymore, although maybe the sequel will change that with more options.
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
Occam Arkitect

Post by Occam Arkitect »

IMO Guitar freaks/Drummania games are more versatile and requires more skill. But well, of course most of the composers are only known in japan.

Guitar hero has Megadeth though, that alone satisfies me. :D
tera_majin

Post by tera_majin »

Occam Arkitect wrote:IMO Guitar freaks/Drummania games are more versatile and requires more skill. But well, of course most of the composers are only known in japan.

Guitar hero has Megadeth though, that alone satisfies me. :D
lol.. try Day Dream song.. it is freakingly hard..
Koden

Post by Koden »

I love the game, even though I don't play guitar. I do play drums, however, which helped me in the rythym and beat stuff. It's not all that hard, converting from the body coordination needed for drums to finger coordination used in guitar and piano.
Servonut

Post by Servonut »

I just recently set up a display at the store I work at. I don't play any instruments, so I felt like a moron when I was asked to demonstrate it. The first time I tried it I crapped out because I didn't realize I had to flick the 'strings' while hitting the coordinating buttons (real men don't read the instructions :roll: ). Once I figured out what I was supposed to be doing, I started really enjoying the game.
Just repeat to yourself "it's just a show, I should really just relax".
"Tact is just not saying true stuff, I'll pass." - Cordelia Chase
Morridor

Post by Morridor »

I used to play the guitar when I was a little younger, so I picked it up fairly easy. I was trying out some songs on the easy and medium setting, but they were just boring. The game started to be fun when I went straight to the hard and expert modes. Expert mode is just insane!

Danny
Konami RPG Stars / Suikoden Website!
Click this Link for the Official Suikoden Website for free Suiko Art Books + OSVs, DS Lites, and $250 Gamestop gift cards