Decorating your room

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
pesmerga786

Decorating your room

Post by pesmerga786 »

I am redecorating my room and I was wondering if anyone had anything in mind on how I should decorate it and what I should have in my room? I jus want new ideas from a lot of people. Also post what you have in your room that is interesting and eye catching.
Lyon

Post by Lyon »

Well, whatever theme your feeling is probably how you should decorate your room.

Since I just moved in less than a month ago, my room's still kind of empty, but I did have a sort of nautical theme in mind with the whole fish net and glass float thing. :lol:
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

I, personally, decorated my room with an asian theme. Call me a nerd if you want, but I actually tried to incorporate some things from feng shui in my room.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

Chris_Lightfellow wrote:I, personally, decorated my room with an asian theme. Call me a nerd if you want, but I actually tried to incorporate some things from feng shui in my room.
About a decade ago, the feng shui master my parents hired recommended I take off the DragonballZ poster from my wall. He said the glaring Vegeta was bad luck.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Real human skulls and pickled foetuses.

It's the only path you should ever consider when it comes to decorating.
Mikalakatov

Post by Mikalakatov »

Decorating? I just stick things wherever ~~;;; I have my walls nearly covered in posters, so I don't need to paint them or anything and the only funature items I have are a bookshelf, a chest of drawers, a small entertainment center, my desk and bed. Nothing much of else, other than the piles of game magazines and accessories. Oh wait, there's a sock... *shrugs*
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

My room also has a very asian theme to it as well. I have a shoji screen and some japanese lanterns and such. My wall is covered with crazy horror movie posters and all the furniture is painted weird colors (like bright blue and pink and crap like that.)

Plus I have a really nice glass piece collection that looks friggin awesome.
Purr.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

My "room" is my entire apartment. I was mostly creative with paint. I picked very bright colours, from a sea blue for the room with my turtle tank in it, to a firey orange for the kitchen and a cool blue/purple for the bedroom. Putting up mirrors in decorative places is fun. If you buy several small mirrors and hang them in a decorative patern on the wall that looks good. Also, if you have hardwood having a area rug where you get out of bed is nice because then your feet don't touch the cold floor right away.
Pesmerga VS. Yuber

Post by Pesmerga VS. Yuber »

Okay, first you'll need Pesmerga all acros the wall, and maybe even Yuber. I'm planing to do that, maybe some other character, may not be Suiko... I have a small wall in the corner, and it's covered in one big mirror. I think that my theme is alot of diferent colors. I recomend from black, dark blue to red, orange and yellow. The contrast should give you're room a hot, on fire look. But, if you want a peacefull night in this room, you should use bright yellow, never use pink if you're a guy, maybe bright blue, or maybe a mix of them. I do the paint thing myself.
Power?
Am I looking for Power?
Ever since...The first day I saw you...
I somehow knew...That we would be friends.
I was never lonely...Because you were there.
We chose...Life and death together.
I believed in you...Always...
daoster

Post by daoster »

If you don't mind killing some trees and killing the ink in your printer during the process, rasterbate some pictures and put hang em up. They can be pretty neat. I've done a few pictures like that. I'd recommend downloading the program and doing it, rather than doing it from the site though.

http://homokaasu.org/rasterbator/
I tell the DJ what to play, I tell the MC what to say!
Like good music? Check out my podcast: http://www.musicaloccupation.com
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

Thanks for all the great ideas everyone. Im thinking of putting a classy wood cabinet and put up some anime things. Figures, posters, etc and anything else that looks cool. :D
Raftrider

Post by Raftrider »

Don't paint your room black. It'll make the space appear smaller and trap heat (and I'll kick your ass). Also, don't overload your walls with posters and such. I tend to use as little decoration as possible to avoid the feeling of unorganization and crowding. I recommend large posters accompanied with some smaller ones or ads from magazines you find hysterical. A large mirror will also make the room appear more open.

Since my house is kind of small, my room is....cozy (I have way too much junk in there). In my room, I've got a heavy bag hanging from the ceiling next to my bed, a weapons rack hold my training weapons on the wall adjacent to my bed, an American flag on my ceiling, a few posters here and there, and some shelves with books, DVDs, hats, a functional katana, Metal Gear Solid 2 PVC figure sets, and Suikoden figures. My room is also where all of my gaming equipment is located.

Awesome.
Bernadette Egan

Post by Bernadette Egan »

I have no idea what to suggest, because I'm not good at things like that..... I just moved into my new house a few months ago, and we're (me and my sister) still waiting for the furniture to come. My current room is a mess but this is what's in it: A white desk with a T.V. on it, a bed, a new computer sitting on top of a cardboard box (I still need to get a computer desk), a ps2, and a black beanbag chair. My walls are brown. My old room was also a mess.