Who do you think's gonna take it? The world cup that is.

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Fu Su Lu

Post by Fu Su Lu »

Yeah, I saw Portugal-Holland, it was a battle! I hope you can scream OLE many times lol, with France you never know, maybe Old wizard Zidane decides to wake up, or Henry plays like he knows, but the normal would be France losing this time.
And Jogo Bonito...well...except Germany, all the games till now have ended 1-0 or 0-0, it looks like the pressure and fear to lose are starting to rule team´s 'jogo'.Lets see if today Brazil or Spain(shut your big mouth, shut your big mouth) can entertain us like the world cup should.
And Italy, oh Italy what can I say,its always the same...those troubles they have and...voila!in last minute they score...thanks to a penalty...and they win!thats the attitude I guess
Not to mention Switzerland,they are coming back home without a goal against them...thats the world cup my friends...
ViktorFan

Post by ViktorFan »

About the game Italy-Australia: this was such a controversial situation with the penalty, I was sooo annoyed about the referees gift to Italy. But it happens so often that an italian player sink down theatrical and then they get a free kick (= goal) or a penalty (= goal). I hope the halffinal will be the end of the road ... Well Switzerland-Ukraine: this was the worst game 'til now. Chances to score: you can search with the magnifying glass. Only tactical pressure, no risk, as you said. The Switzerland missed three penalties! So it serves them right, even they got no goal against them in the three games before.
I've read in the paper today: "Marca" writes: today we send Zidane to old-age pension :D I hope they'll do so. The two games he played France lost and today he will play as the trainer said. He is one of the greatest players ever but his time is up as you could see in the games against Switzerland and South-Corea. But maybe he belies it today and he makes the decisive goal ...
Ah and Ghana wins ... :lol: :lol:
Michael Easton

Post by Michael Easton »

Even though I'm from England and would love to see them win the World Cup I know this isn't going to happen; the performances they've put in have mostly been uninspiring (except for Joe Cole and Peter Crouch, they've been great). With the team we have, on paper, you would think we could do it, but Sven keeps buggering around with the team (4-5-1, what the hell kind of formation is that? We're a 4-4-2 side!).

In my opinion it has to be Brazil or Argentina, but if these two teams were to play each other then I would say Argentina. If you watched the second half of the Brazil/ Australia match then I think some people may agree with me that Australia were very unlucky to have lost, Brazil didn't really look unbeatable to me in that game. Argentina are just on fire at the moment - they do look unbeatable.
LillyXChris

Post by LillyXChris »

Michael Easton wrote:Even though I'm from England and would love to see them win the World Cup I know this isn't going to happen; the performances they've put in have mostly been uninspiring (except for Joe Cole and Peter Crouch, they've been great). With the team we have, on paper, you would think we could do it, but Sven keeps buggering around with the team (4-5-1, what the hell kind of formation is that? We're a 4-4-2 side!).
I agree with this. Sven-Goran Eriksson doesn't know what he's doing. Thank God he's going to be sacked after the World Cup and be replaced by Steve McClaren. He knows what to do.

And what's with Sven not putting in Theo Walcott in the WC?! What's his role there, spacefiller? Let the wonderkid play for crying out loud!

I think that France may be able to surprise Brazil in the Quarter Finals, or maybe England to Portugal. Too bad Ghana didn't make it through, or else they could've won!
Just think about it. Someone might be writing a Kingdom Hearts 2/Pretty Cure x-over right now. That someone is me.

Now playing POTC At World's End
Nozomi Yumehara and Darkside Dream... Miko (Princess) Yumehara
Sisters (Yes Precure 5/Precure X-over)
Night

Post by Night »

Heh, Joe Cole and Peter Crouch being exceptional? You are being sarcastic right? :wink: Joe Cole had a couple of good games, but he proved against Ecuador that he doesn't like to do anything that can't be achieved without 5 step-overs and a cheeky backheel. There are times where he tries to be clever and gives the ball away, and it happens far too often.
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
Fu Su Lu

Post by Fu Su Lu »

Sorry about my non reply, I was not angry about Spain-France, I just was banned for mistake, but its now solved. France played better, thats what I meant, Its a psicologic problem we in Spain have: in the hard moments you gotta play the best-France, Germany- but Spanish team plays the worst in those criticals moments.Dissapointing but unfortunately not unexpected. I think Zidane finally retired us in the end Viktorfan...

Ghana played better then Brazil...but Brazil scored...things are like that

And about Crouch, let him play!I wanna see him doing da robot :lol: :lol: ,...
ViktorFan

Post by ViktorFan »

Fu Su Lu wrote: I think Zidane finally retired us in the end Viktorfan...
Yes unfortunately he did, I was very disappointed at the end of the game but it seems there's a curse on Spain in World- or Europe-Cup and I hoped Spain could break this curse this time. What do you say: Germany has really beaten Argentina! The "wonder of Berlin" :lol: ! I didn't expect this and it's a pity that one of both teams has to go home now, it would have been a worthy final.

Well, the next opponent for Germany is Italy, a hard nut to crack.
Last edited by ViktorFan on Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wicked_Rune_Bearer

Post by Wicked_Rune_Bearer »

i myself was rooting for argentia, i really wanted to see what they could do when the pressure was on them, but unfortunatly they cracked in the final 16, arrgghh, well there's noone left for me to root for. oh well
A rpg-suikoden site that lets you choose your character and basically play suikoden on your computer as if it was on your ps console
http://z14.invisionfree.com/Suikoden_Legends
Fu Su Lu

Post by Fu Su Lu »

[quote="ViktorFan"] Well, the next opponent for Germany is Italy, a hard nut to crack.[/quote]

And a nut which has a thing for theater also! But Germany plays at home I dont think the referee can be cheated. Germany can make it till the end, Klinsmann has brainwashed them to believe they are as good as Beckenbauer guys...and they have believed it! :? . Now they believe in themselves and definitely are one of the best teams in the world playing under pressure.
Argentina was far more talented than Germany but...

I think Brazil will beat France.But Portugal-England is a mistery. Man by man England is better but Portugal is really strong. If I was english I would be really worried...
ViktorFan

Post by ViktorFan »

Fu Su Lu wrote: And a nut which has a thing for theater also! But Germany plays at home I dont think the referee can be cheated. Germany can make it till the end, Klinsmann has brainwashed them to believe they are as good as Beckenbauer guys...and they have believed it! :? . Now they believe in themselves and definitely are one of the best teams in the world playing under pressure.
Argentina was far more talented than Germany but...

I think Brazil will beat France.But Portugal-England is a mistery. Man by man England is better but Portugal is really strong. If I was english I would be really worried...
I agree with this you wrote about Klinsmann. I was very very critical about the things he made and said before the World Cup, but now I must say: I was wrong about him, he formed a team, a real team which is on a wave of enthusiasm here in Germany. It's unbelievable what happens in the whole country, I've never seen this before. So maybe this enthusiasm will help against Italy ...
I'm not sure that Brazil will beat France, because this is the first "formidable opponent" for them, 'til now it was easy for Brazil and France improved from game to game. This evening an average performance won't be enough, Brazil has to improve a lot. So it will be exciting.
And England-Portugal will be exciting too, I find it hard to forecast the winner. I hope it won't be as hard as Portugal-Netherlands.
Shiva

Post by Shiva »

PORTUGAL!! Okay, I'm sorry for all Englandfans, but I wished so much that Portugal would win. When Cristiano Ronaldo shot the penalty I was so nervous that I nearly bit all my fingernails off... :lol: But he did it!! They're in halffinal!! You can't imagine how happy I am
I'll be here...
Why?
I'll be 'waiting' here...
For what?
I'll be waiting for you ... so... If you come here...You'll find me...
I promise.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Well we're gone. Not that I'm surprised or even that bothered to be frank, we've played atrociously for the whole tournament.

Still, had I been there, the Portugal keeper may have enjoyed a bat to the face, that penalty was easy a goal, if the daft twat was ready or not.
Fu Su Lu

Post by Fu Su Lu »

I see a common pattern betwwen Spain and England.Altough England won in 1966, it is too far in time and players and people are demanding a world cup or euro cup to satisfy the most important sport in the country, pretty much like in Spain. Both countries are under a curse, i guess: Portugal beated England in Euro cup in 2004,Ricardo the goalkeeper again, in penalties again... Pretty much like Spain against France...

The game was awful, yes.But you could see much more determination in Prtugal´s players face than England´s, specially in penalties.In the other hand, Ill say that Carragher´s throw should have scored-I guess he was so nervous(...) he did not remember he had to wait for the referee to allow him to kick-

And Zidane is still standing(that stubborn old fart :lol: ), that really surprised me, altough I firstly posted Brazil would not win this time, I thought they would reach more far and,of course, I never thought they would lose to France...
ViktorFan

Post by ViktorFan »

I have the feeling the final will be France-Italy. Germany never won against Italy in World- or EuroCup and Italy will find a player who will make a theatratical fall in 88th minute if it's still drawn ... Maybe the germans find a way to break the "catenaccio" but I haven't much hope. They need a fast runner like Odonkor from the first minute who can overrun the italian midfield and shoot centres on Klose but 'til now he's only a joker for the last 15 or 20 minutes.
And Zidane will shoot France into the final now he stops at nothing, as I wrote before I thought his time is up but it seems I was wrong. How they played against Brazil ... Portugal won't have a big chance. Unless there will be a penalty shoot out :) . Did you notice that only european teams are in half-final? When has it been the last time?
Fu Su Lu

Post by Fu Su Lu »

It is no surprise to me. You know, as I posted only one non european team has winned a World Cup played in Europe...Brazil...only once...

Which surprises me most is France. they still have to win Portugal.I think Portugal can win. Scolari has made them players with winning attitude and they alredy know what is playing a final.

I truly hope catennacio goes home (painfully if possible :twisted: ), the italian style of game is bloody effective, but as spectator I prefer more attack.Ig Germany play like till now, they should beat Italians...