Who do you think's gonna take it? The world cup that is.

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
LillyXChris

Post by LillyXChris »

Ok... you guys ready... Here's the Final Score...

Italy 1 - 1 France
Italy - Materazzi 19'
France - Zidane 7' (P)
Italy win 5-3 on penalties

Now, i didn't watch the game fully but i heard Zidane got sent off.
Final standings:

1st - Italy
2nd - France
3rd - Germany
4th - Portugal
Just think about it. Someone might be writing a Kingdom Hearts 2/Pretty Cure x-over right now. That someone is me.

Now playing POTC At World's End
Nozomi Yumehara and Darkside Dream... Miko (Princess) Yumehara
Sisters (Yes Precure 5/Precure X-over)
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Zidane's headbutt was the best thing I've ever seen.

Straight in the chest. You know you would if it was your last ever game.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Whoa, Italy won. Well done.
Basel

Post by Basel »

Congratulation to son_michael and all Italians.
"The real issue is not TALENT as an independent element, but talent in relationship to WILL, DESIRE, AND PERSISTENCE. Talent without these things VANISHES and even modest talent with those characteristics GROWS..." -Milton Glaser
Fu Su Lu

Post by Fu Su Lu »

Congratulations for Italy!They have quality and attitude enough to win without those odd tricks(elbows, upset the enemy...)but of course nobody forced Zizou to act like (in my opinion)an angry clown...

[quote="Shiva"][quote="ViktorFan"]If Italy wins I'll eat my hat ... [/quote]

Did your hat tasted good? :lol: :lol:
Actually I don't like Italy as well but I hoped they would win because I hate France and they did it!! :D[/quote]

Bon apetit Viktorfan, I hope you dont get stomachache, but Shiva you should show some solidarity, since u r from Germany too, and eat yourself a tipical hat :lol:
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

I think Italy is going to win :lol:
Pesmerga VS. Yuber

Post by Pesmerga VS. Yuber »

So, Italy won. I hate those guys. The goal that Zidane gave in 7' is just awesome, but not as awesome as the heaschest! :twisted:
Power?
Am I looking for Power?
Ever since...The first day I saw you...
I somehow knew...That we would be friends.
I was never lonely...Because you were there.
We chose...Life and death together.
I believed in you...Always...
dawn_rune

Post by dawn_rune »

Ok let see....he does have a brain for that...the HEADBUTT...umm...does it really hurt...wonder where he learn those...well congrat to Italy..but this year world cup it one of my worst world cup...
ShE GavE mE HopE AnD LovE,
EverythinG WaS ForeveR....
ShE IntenD FoR A BreaK-uP,
i WaS HeartBrokeN,DevastateD.
mY LovE Is No LongeR,OnlY HatreD...
DarKnesS iS My OnlY FriendS,
LighT iS MakinG mE MiserablE
Again,AlL iS ForeveR....
LillyXChris

Post by LillyXChris »

dawn_rune wrote:Ok let see....he does have a brain for that...the HEADBUTT...umm...does it really hurt...wonder where he learn those...well congrat to Italy..but this year world cup it one of my worst world cup...
We'll wait for 2010 World Cup in South Africa. Who do you think will qualify?
If the following teams qualify, i laugh.

Singapore, Togo, Cameroon, Serbia & Montenegro, Colombia and Denmark.
Just think about it. Someone might be writing a Kingdom Hearts 2/Pretty Cure x-over right now. That someone is me.

Now playing POTC At World's End
Nozomi Yumehara and Darkside Dream... Miko (Princess) Yumehara
Sisters (Yes Precure 5/Precure X-over)
ViktorFan

Post by ViktorFan »

LillyXChris wrote: We'll wait for 2010 World Cup in South Africa. Who do you think will qualify?

If the next World Cup will be in South Africa at all ...... :wink:
Fu Su Lu

Post by Fu Su Lu »

[quote="LillyXChris"][quote="dawn_rune"]Ok let see....he does have a brain for that...the HEADBUTT...umm...does it really hurt...wonder where he learn those...well congrat to Italy..but this year world cup it one of my worst world cup...[/quote]

Singapore, Togo, Cameroon, Serbia & Montenegro, Colombia and Denmark.[/quote]

Not to start a discussion now the world cup is ended but, Cameroon is probably the best African team, and Togo were not so bad, they just did not score their chances...
Colombia has good football tradition so you should not dump them lol
And Denmark, they were not so bad, there were just better teams at the moment

but if Singapore do qualify I will laugh with you too gladly, I will even become a bullfighter myself :lol: Oops, mods erase this thread, when I open my big mouth I always end regreting it... :lol:
dawn_rune

Post by dawn_rune »

LillyXChris wrote:
dawn_rune wrote:Ok let see....he does have a brain for that...the HEADBUTT...umm...does it really hurt...wonder where he learn those...well congrat to Italy..but this year world cup it one of my worst world cup...

I may come from Singapore..but it true..i don't think they could make it..hello..it world cup..not ASEAN cup..or Lion cup or whadever...if they could not win japan...orhg..forget it..

btw...will beckham still play in 2010...he would be 35 yers old..
ShE GavE mE HopE AnD LovE,
EverythinG WaS ForeveR....
ShE IntenD FoR A BreaK-uP,
i WaS HeartBrokeN,DevastateD.
mY LovE Is No LongeR,OnlY HatreD...
DarKnesS iS My OnlY FriendS,
LighT iS MakinG mE MiserablE
Again,AlL iS ForeveR....
ViktorFan

Post by ViktorFan »

LillyXChris wrote:We'll wait for 2010 World Cup in South Africa. Who do you think will qualify?

Fu Su Lu wrote: Not to start a discussion now the world cup is ended but, Cameroon is probably the best African team, and Togo were not so bad, they just did not score their chances...
Colombia has good football tradition so you should not dump them lol
And Denmark, they were not so bad, there were just better teams at the moment
I agree with Fu Su Lu.
@ LillyXChris: In qualification Togo was good and Cameroons qualifications-group was the heaviest in the African qualification: Ivory Coast, Egypt and Cameroon (and if Cameroon had won the last game against Egypt - the current African champ - they would have qualified) so Cameroon has been only one point behind Ivory Coast so it wouldn't be absurd if they'll qualify again.
Serbia&Montenegro has been in the same qualifications-group as Spain and they made first place, (Spain had to make a play off-game against Slovakia to get the qualification, sorry Fu Su Lu that I remind you on this :) ) and in World Cup they've been in the same group as Argentina and Netherlands, did you really expect they could win against these teams?!? So no need to laugh when they'll qualify again.
Colombia has missed the playoff-game against Australia about one point (behind Uruguay and Uruguay won the first game and Australia the second by penalty shoot out so Australia was qualified), in qualification Colombia played in Brazil 0:0 and at home against Argentina 1:1, so I can't understand why it should also be absurd if they'll qualify again.
In Denmarks qualifications group has been Ukraine, Turkey and Greece too (Greece is the current European champ) and Denmark was better than Greece and Ukraine had only 3 points more than Denmark, so they aren't that bad you seem to suppose.

If you had Bolivia, Panama, Liberia, Uganda on your list I would agree with you. :wink:
Fu Su Lu

Post by Fu Su Lu »

ViktorFan wrote:

Serbia&Montenegro has been in the same qualifications-group as Spain and they made first place, (Spain had to make a play off-game against Slovakia to get the qualification, sorry Fu Su Lu that I remind you on this :) ) and in World Cup they've been in the same group as Argentina and Netherlands, did you really expect they could win against these teams?!? So no need to laugh when they'll qualify again.

Its strange how unconsciously I missed Serbia. Yes you are right about them.I supose probably due to the bad moments they made me pass when they dumped us to the play off I unvoluntarily forgot about them :lol:

I think the quote button does not love me very much, it never works for me lol :lol:
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Fu Su Lu wrote:I think the quote button does not love me very much, it never works for me lol :lol:
Uncheck the "Disable BBCode in this post" option when you post.

On World Cup, I've been seeing an increasing number of animated gifs depicting in Zidane's headbutting in all kinds of fashion. It was that bad, huh.