Who do you think's gonna take it? The world cup that is.

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Wicked_Rune_Bearer

Who do you think's gonna take it? The world cup that is.

Post by Wicked_Rune_Bearer »

Who do you think is going to win the world cup. Seeing as how i live in the United states you think i would go for them but honestly, ummm they suck. sorry guys. I really think either brazil's going to take it or maybe, maybe if they get lucky sweden. I mean don't get me wrong germany is a powerhouse and there are others who have talent but sweden averaged 30 goals in 10 games in qualiflying, That is Bad if you ask me, even though they did tie against trindad and tobago, (trinidad and tobago is 1 team from the carribeans not two for anyone who that might have confused) which really surprised me seeing as how this or actually was their 1st ever world cup qualiflying game even though they didn't advance. but what's some of yall's opions.
A rpg-suikoden site that lets you choose your character and basically play suikoden on your computer as if it was on your ps console
http://z14.invisionfree.com/Suikoden_Legends
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

I think England are going to win the World Cup, with Rooney and Owen now fit they have 4 strikers to choose from: Rooney, Owen, Crouch (who's on form and playing great) and (the new kid on the block) Walcott.

Not to mention so far in the competition they've had a clean sheet, the team is strong in all areas and is very adaptable.

I think that Walcott should be given a full game against Sweden since England have automatically qualified anyway, it would be good to see how he manages a full 90 minute game.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Wicked_Rune_Bearer

if england wins it then it will blow my mind, not saying that their a bad team but they aren't the best. Rooney is what just now actually really being able to play again. I don't believe the coach is really going to let him play that much because of his ankle and walcott, well not many rookies get that much playing time especially in the world cup. so that leaves england with owen and crouch. Honestly i don't know much about owen but crouch is a good player but it didn't really play that well against trindad and tobago i mean he missed a lot of easy goals and just really wasn't on top of things in that game. Their chemistry just wasn't clicking until the final minutes of the game. I think that if england is going to take the cup then they need to start playing a little more aggresive and conservative at the same time, aggresive on defence and conservative on offence, because i beilieve that's why they missed as many goals as they did because they were rushing in they whole game, but who's to say i mean there is a lot more games to be played before we can actually say who's going to rise up. Just wondering, do you live in england or is that just the team you want to see win.
A rpg-suikoden site that lets you choose your character and basically play suikoden on your computer as if it was on your ps console
Fu Su Lu

Post by Fu Su Lu »

I think Brazil, wont win this time, you know even FIFA does not want the same winner always and I think Brazil never won the world cup in europe, nut not sure.

Put an eye in england (great defenders, and Lampard and Gerrard in the mid, and then Rooney and Owen and of course the most hilarious player I ve ever seen... Crouch!! He simulates a robot when makes goal and the guy is two meters height!!)but Holland, Germany(depite its lack of talent), Argentina will reach far too. My Spain could do something this time (every four years is the same, and the we come back home empty handed).

but my heart is with.......Togo!! Come on Togo you can do it!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
daoster

Post by daoster »

Brazil is the few (and I think, more specifically ONLY), Non European team to win World Cups in Europe. They are not the #1 ranked team and hold the record of most World Cup champions for nothing.

U.S. won't make it, but I'm hoping they get past the current round and the Round of 16...that first Czech game was pretty horrible, but they put up a good fight.

England will probably make it far, but I don't see them winning it.

Brazil will probably win again, thoguh the great thing about this thing is that upsets can and do happen (like Ghana today), so we'll see how it goes. Despite being the best team, Croatia put up a great fight against Brazil, and Brazil didn't score as many points as I expected them to.
I tell the DJ what to play, I tell the MC what to say!
Like good music? Check out my podcast: http://www.musicaloccupation.com
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

I'm thinking either Brazil or Argentina. Those 2 usually do pretty good. USA is pretty much screwed. We have to beat Ghana and Italy has to beat Czech Republic in order for us to advance. I don't think either scenario is gonna happen.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Wicked_Rune_Bearer

for real, argentia beat the snot out of serbia and montenegro. it was the highest scoring game so far with a big 6-0 and i'm trying to pull for the u.s but i just don't see it happening.
ViktorFan

Post by ViktorFan »

Fu Su Lu wrote:I think Brazil, wont win this time, you know even FIFA does not want the same winner always and I think Brazil never won the world cup in europe, nut not sure.
Brazil won the Cup 1958 in Sweden, so they won on every continent (except Australia, but I'm sure if there would be a championship one day they'll win there too) and they won 1962 again so I don't agree with your opinion about the FIFA. This time Brazil isn't as good as expected but maybe they will play better in the round of 16. Argentina and Spain are playing very good and I say: the final will be Argentina-Spain and Argentina will win, I've seen nearly every game until now and they are the best at the moment and the best should win. Hmm, otherwise: when Germany is playing against Argentina in the Quarter- or Halffinal ... the final will be Germany-Spain :) . Until now 9 teams from South- or Middle-America won the cup and 8 teams from Europe so this time it's the turn for a european team again :wink: . But it won't be England, I'm sure. England wasn't that good so far, Paraguay and Trinidad&Tobago aren't very powerful so I'm curious about the game today against Sweden. Sweden shot 30 goals in qualification but now only one in two games so I don't think they're coming too far. Yesterday Spain had a hard time with the early tunesian goal but they never gave up and at the end they played very good. Italy was one of the favourite teams before but they disappointed until now even they shot two goals against Ghana. The USA won't reach the next round, maybe in some years they are as far as they are able to win the Cup. And Germany ... they are a tournament-team, they'll improve from game to game but I don't believe they will win.
Or they'll surpass themselves because it's a home game.
EDIT:
except Australia, but I'm sure if there would be a championship one day they'll win there too
I forgot Africa but I meant all continents where the World Cup took place
Fu Su Lu

Post by Fu Su Lu »

Thanks by the confidence in Spain Viktorfan but we have had better team and players other times and till now...nothing.
Which I wanted to mean about BRAZIL is this:they won five times, only one in europe.Only one, and as you said is the only non european team which won in Europe.But considering next Worl Cup is in South Africa -perfect weather for Brazil- and 2012 is probably in Brazil, I still think the same about Brazil and Fifa.
And wow whats up with the german guys?It looks like playing at home has made them three times better.Take care with them.
ViktorFan

Post by ViktorFan »

Fu Su Lu wrote:And wow whats up with the german guys?It looks like playing at home has made them three times better.Take care with them.
Oh yes, to my surprise they are playing good because before starting the World Cup I thought they will have many problems getting in the round of 16 even though the other teams in Group A aren't so good. And about Spain: I would be glad to see them playing in the final (not only because Fernando Torres is one of my favourite players :wink:), so I'll continue keeping my fingers crossed for them.
Funereal

Post by Funereal »

well i live in alabama so the only sports the idiots down here care about (save for the Mexican population here, most of whom i've seen are soccer fanatics) are college football and NASCAR.
Fu Su Lu

Post by Fu Su Lu »

Wow, again, wow.It looks like our words about Germany were profethic, they beated Sweden without many problems.If a were an Argentina fan, I would be really worried right now.

And to Spain, Viktorfan, stand with your fingers crossed lol! :wink: France should be done in normal situation but in world cup you never know.Fernando Torres is good, not my favorite player, and he plays in Atlético de Madrid-my team-, but he´s real good.

England was pathetic-no pun intended- against Ecuador, but the important thing is winning not 'jogo bonito'...
ViktorFan

Post by ViktorFan »

Fu Su Lu wrote:Wow, again, wow.It looks like our words about Germany were profethic, ..
Yes, we can work as a prophet, what do you think? :lol: We forecast the results and make the big money :D And tomorrow evening: I guess you can hear my "OLÉ"-screams from here to Spain - lol. Have you seen Portugal - Netherlands? What a game ... (no jogo bonito) I can't remember a game with so many yellow and yellow-red cards. The referee should have shown the red card to Boulahrouz in the 8th minute when he kicked at Cristiano Ronaldo with so much brutality, maybe the other players would have restrain more. But most important thing: Portugal won and I'm curious about their game against England ...
Shiva

Post by Shiva »

ViktorFan wrote: The referee should have shown the red card to Boulahrouz in the 8th minute when he kicked at Cristiano Ronaldo with so much brutality, maybe the other players would have restrain more.
I nearly cried when Cristiano Ronaldo had to substitude just because of this ... (I'm not going to write the words which I used yesterday evening but I'm sure the whole neighbourhood heard me :lol: )
Now, who's gonna win the world cup ...? My first favourite was Japan (well at least I wished they would win :wink: ) but now I think it's going to be Argentina or Brazil (for Brazil I don't hope it but they played good the last games - too good :? )
Fu Su Lu wrote: If a were an Argentina fan, I would be really worried right now.
Yeah, I am worried but I think Argentina is going to win. The Germans have to come down from their outsized egoism with the whole talk that they will win the world cup (please consider that I'm from Germany :D )
I'll be here...
Why?
I'll be 'waiting' here...
For what?
I'll be waiting for you ... so... If you come here...You'll find me...
I promise.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

We (England, if you didn't know I'm English) are playing god-awful, to be quite honest.

It's just been bad football playing from the start. Fair enough, we're through, but if we play this abismally against more "heavyweight" teams like Argentina, Germany, Brazil, etc. then we'll just be laughed off the pitch.

Sven needs to pull his socks up with these crap line-ups.

Anyway, rant over.