?Death?

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Wicked_Rune_Bearer

?Death?

Post by Wicked_Rune_Bearer »

I'm not bringing up this topic to discuss nothing but saddness and turmoil, but to get people's views on this topic and discuss how they feel (in a not so negative way). Only reason i've created this topic is because yesterday, around 3:30 central time, a friend of mine died in a car accident (do not apologize to me, i fully understand that death is fate and you cannot choose when you want to die unless you commit sucide and that's a different subject but). I just want to ask anyone who wants to reply. If you could before you die what would you change about yourself and why. Because you know when you think about it how long do you actually have to make that change and would it matter? would anyone care? Again i say this with a full optimistic view. I try not to be negative although i am in a negative state of mind. And think about it don't say something that's not possissble like end world hunger try to seriously be realistic. I mean honestly i don't care what you say i just want you to think about it though. Me. I think i would have donated more time into helping those around me and try my best to not be so, how do you say, airogated (i'm a horrible speller i'm looking for the term that describes one who thinks they are better then someone else) around those who people tend to not like you know, the punks or the really nasty girls at school, I think that is what i would change is the way i treat others and not just others my family as well. Not that i'm mean to my siblings, i would just show them i care a little more. well what would you do?
A rpg-suikoden site that lets you choose your character and basically play suikoden on your computer as if it was on your ps console
http://z14.invisionfree.com/Suikoden_Legends
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

since you dont want any apologies....I pray you find the strength to get through this tough time

my thoughts on Death?......for me... Death means going home to my creator and living a new life of paradise for all eternity, so I dont fear death... when my death comes...ill be happy to leave this world but obviously if you knew you were going to die you would be sad for the people you leave behind

I cant think of anything I would wanna change if I knew I was gonna die...well maybe I would just put everything out on the table...let everybody know that I loved a certain person and then i'd just hang out with my friends and family all the time, instead of doing things by myself...

No Regrets for me..I lived my life the right way and if my time was coming..id make the best of it until the very end
patapi
Forum Moderator

Re: ?Death?

Post by patapi »

I know you said you didn't ask for it, but I give my condolences to you.
Wicked_Rune_Bearer wrote:If you could before you die what would you change about yourself and why. Because you know when you think about it how long do you actually have to make that change and would it matter? would anyone care?
Maybe I could add another question: If you have something that you want to change and you know that you can do it, then why wait for later? There is no need to wait, do it now.

I know that words are cheap, but we can and should always try.
Wicked_Rune_Bearer

I at least try to help those around me but inside i still feel an empty void. So that's why i decided to go off into the peacecorps so that i can help people that i know actually need help. Don't get me wrong there are lots of people here in the United States. (why is it when i put United states in intials that "you" comes out instead watch i'll do it again u.s.) it just seems to me that people here in the united states doesn't have the same problems as those overseas or in that case can even measure up to the terror they face. I mean look at the sudanese govenerment hiring all those janjaweed arabs to slaughter the people who's live there for like ever and for what and why. the land. I mean people in the U.S. don't face these problems so there's one thing i can't do now because i'm still in high school and can't actually, well i'm 18 so i can, but i need to finish high school before i do completely register.
A rpg-suikoden site that lets you choose your character and basically play suikoden on your computer as if it was on your ps console
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

My thoughts on death can be pretty much summed up in these two lines from Robbie William's song Feel:
I don't wanna die,
But I aint keen on living either.

I'm happy with my life with great friends, a great family - both adoptive and biological and a wonderful girlfriend who I love with all my heart. My grades are high and I'm doing very well in life.

However I am depression prone, particularly when it comes to my dad, I'd loved to have met him before he died, but circumstances meant that the only time I met him was as a baby, when I couldn't remember him, when I was a few months old I was adopted and I can't remember him. All I have to remember him by is the stories from my biological family and the photos of him I have, I'm still waiting for some letters he left with my grandma for when I'm older ( late teenage like now), but she's very frail at the moment and her recovery comes before my letters. I sometimes wish I could contact my dad some how, I've dreamed of him but I'm not sure whether that's him contacting me or my hopes and dreams of being able to see him being reflected in a dream state. I'm not too keen on a seance because of the skill you need to conduct one sucessfully, contacting the dead is not a toy, though too many people think it is.[/i]
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Wicked_Rune_Bearer

sorry to hear that, but i'm the type of person who likes to think that everything happens for a reason. Now i don't know you or your background or anything about you. It also sucks that your grandma is fading as well that most suck as well. When you think of your dad try not to be depressed, i mean would he want you to be depressed, probably not unless he is a mean dad which i don't think that that's the case but anyway. When ever your depressed because you never met him just think of how happy he would be to see you now and at least smile for that. I can't say this with confidence because again i don't know you but i'm pretty sure that he would be proud of you. And if he knew that if you were depresses he'd try to cheer you up. All i do know on this is that i was depresses once, clincally , like also to the point of deciding suicide was the only anwser and then i found religion (won't say what cause i don't want controverise found out religion will cause it in another forum) but anyways all i'm saying is try to stay postive and don't feel bad it's not your fault. and if all else fails then think about the poor, starving, diease stricken kids who live in huts made of ripped and torn bed sheets passed from someone just as poor as themselves .
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Wicked_Rune_Bearer wrote:Only reason i've created this topic is because yesterday, around 3:30 central time, a friend of mine died in a car accident
I had the same thing happen to me, although it was in Sept. For some reason she went off the road and hit the culvert or something. Her vehicle flew 10 in the air before hitting a telephone pole. She was only 16. My point is, I understand what you're talking about. Since the accident, I have definitely thought about death a lot more. I don't think that there is anything that I would change about myself. I like myself the way I am. If I had to pick something, I suppose it's that I wish I wasn't so afraid to tell people how I feel about them. Most of the time, and I'm sure this happens to lots and lots of people, things get said too late. We always wait until the last minute and by then, it's too late.
Last edited by Chris_Lightfellow on Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

I'm not too keen on a seance because of the skill you need to conduct one sucessfully, contacting the dead is not a toy, though too many people think it is.[/i]
Indeed, it is not a toy. And more than half the time you don't even contact a dead person. Don't get me started on the subject though.

About death, I don't fear it. If I had to die then okay whatever. I don't care anymore. My 'religion' has no views on the afterlife. My view on the afterliffe is that its a mix between an afterlife and reincarnation. But I can't really know that yet.... Also I don't beleive in heaven/hell. Don't beleive in absolutes you see.

I'm happy with my life with great friends, a great family - both adoptive and biological and a wonderful girlfriend who I love with all my heart. My grades are high and I'm doing very well in life.
Your like the complete opposite of me. However I'm also depression prone. But because of confusion. I get confused about everything alot. With everything I mean EVERYTHING. I hate school.

Hmm... Also, I'm a little bit suicidal... I guess.
Fu Su Lu

Post by Fu Su Lu »

Wicked Rune Bearer since you dont want apologies I wont give them to you.
Look man, I know how you feel, altough I wont go into my personal experiences, I will tell you the trick is putting a day above other,At first hours, even minutes will be a torture and you will remember your lost everymoment. Those are the worst moments. After some days things will be still bad, but believe me, with time you will go -succesfully-through this.

About taking decissions, my advice is never take one when you are shocked, most of the times you dont see things clearly.

About using your time to help other people that is good if that is what you really want to do, I mean, living and acting in a way you dont really like would mean you are not being yourself. If I may, I would suggest to help others, yes, but never forget about yourselves.

Hope to be of some help, good luck!
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

I don't fear death. I just want to be remembered for the things that I did and the smiles that I brought to peoples' faces. I want them to look back and remember how crazy and goofy I was, all the wacky stuff I did and how I was always laughing and wanted to make other people happy even at my own expense.

But I'm not ready; I still have a lot more crazy crap to do!
Purr.
Funereal

Post by Funereal »

i don't believe in an afterlife or any of that happy BS, but i do believe reincarnation or something similar is possible. but whatever, when it's my time to die, then it's my time to die.
Iku

Post by Iku »

this might sound mean or sometyhing but my view on death is very simple.
Once your dead your dead! basically i think its over for you, so you should live life to the full while you can! this view is particularly hard when someone dies, but this is my view religeon gives you comfort but that isnt for me! :roll:
'Believed the evidence of your own eyes, did ya? In a place like this?' Granny Weatherwax
YubersNightRune

Post by YubersNightRune »

Death is something that definitly happen eventually, it is... inevidible. Why should you bother thinking about death? death is all around us, when you step on an ant.. death, when you eat whats on your plate.. death (for all you vegatarians plants die to :P ), wars happen which lead to bloodshed and death... I don't think you should worry about dieing yourself, but to be the best person you can be until your time comes.
http://www.BodyBuilding.com Is all that you need!
IAS

Post by IAS »

I know nobody is going to read this anymore but anyway...

You the way i see it your born and you grow up happy, then you find out about death and you try to aboid the thoghts of deathas long as you can...
Some day the hunt you and your like "i don't want to die", in the old times thats was call midlife crisis. But then you find something to get a hold of yourself, and death comes and takes you out for a coffe. It cheete you like a dandy to a slut it takes you to his appartment and you all know the rest, right?

Now very sorry if this offend someone but but is the way i think...
Swords, staffs, crystals... everything you need for your revolution right here for some bits!!!
Fu Su Lu

Post by Fu Su Lu »

IAS wrote: But then you find something to get a hold of yourself, and death comes and takes you out for a coffe. It cheete you like a dandy to a slut it takes you to his appartment and you all know the rest, right?

Now very sorry if this offend someone but but is the way i think...
I fully understand what you say. but lol...it is ironic you are comparing death to meeting someone and taking her (or him) to your apartment... :lol: