Get a Life!

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Fu Su Lu

Post by Fu Su Lu »

Interesting.
But when someone tell you people "get a life", how do you feel?
I mean, if someone told me for example: "you have horns and a tail", well, I would not mind at all, because that is not true and I know. Do you get what I mean?
If someone tells me get a life because he/she sees me playing, I would not get angry, because I feel I do have a life!
On the other hand if you bother for the comment, it could be because a little part of you agree wit the -stupid- person who told you and maybe you feel you are losing something.

And to complete what I said, I´d add adolescent people are usually less confident and easier to harm. Nothing I can say can change it. The only solution is living it and growing old.

Egh...Ushiku, Raftrider, you are nuts!! :wink: :lol: :lol:
Koujirou

Post by Koujirou »

If someone told me to get a life, I'd either shrug or just ignore them. Ignorant people aren't worth wasting time on, if you ask me.
dawn_rune

Post by dawn_rune »

well if someone say to me to"get a life" i would say "you get a life first!"
its true coz they ask me but they don't noe whether they DO have life...
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

If somebody said that to me, especially a chav I'd just have to reply "Come back in 5 years when your mum has thrown you out for getting your cousin pregnant, then I'll return the favour"
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
dawn_rune

Post by dawn_rune »

:shock: :shock: :shock: "gosh..ur hot....get a life man"
oneWinged

Post by oneWinged »

I think life should be lived in a well-rounded fashion; One activity shouldn't really rule over anything else. I work about 15 hours a week, go to school, chill with people, play video games, go online, party, drink, experiment with substances (the softer ones), go to concerts, exercise, etc... but I don't make my life out of any of those activities, because nothing good will come out of constantly staying home, or constantly drinking or doing drugs, or constantly hanging out with friends. I think it's a good idea to have a good mix of social time, where you go out and have a good time, and alone time, where you stay home and enjoy your own company. Best thing to do is know your limits, so you can limit yourself without going overboard with anything (like, if you've got work to do, but there is a mad party going on at someones house, you have to just bite the bullet and do what you really should be doing).

But I would love to point out that for a few years, I played video games and watched anime constantly, with hardly any social life. I hate to sound like a bitch, but I really got bored of that lifestyle and it didn't feel fullfilling at all. I'm glad I changed myself when I did.

But besides all of that, I pretty much agree with everything Pollensalta said.
dawn_rune

Post by dawn_rune »

many people could could agree with you but to me i won't...i lead a different life...if we talk about freinds,forget it i don't trust my so-called friends..they always betray me not to mention my best-friend...as for my family..im not that happy but i always follow my own path ignoring other people talking bad bout me..i dun really care..this my life,this is how i started it and this is how it gonna end no one can ask me to get a life coz i had a life which i dun want to waste...
Lurker1

Post by Lurker1 »

Everyone is saying how a person should live their life but in the end isn't it up to that person and if it doesn' t bother them why should it bother you? Also if a such a comment really bother a person so much that they had to acknowleadge it then perhaps there is some truth to it?

Also alot of people have been making comments about how playing games alot is a bad thing and then turn around and state that going out and getting "socially wasted on alcohol" is cool. I'm not trying to offend anyone but how is going out and drinking better then playing games with some friends at home? I don't see how that is possible*shrugs*maybe I just old :P

Like I said in my first post I agree that you should do other things to socialize but "getting wasted" is not better for you body/mind then inviting a few friends over for a night of Madden or Halo.
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

dawn_rune wrote:many people could could agree with you but to me i won't...i lead a different life...if we talk about freinds,forget it i don't trust my so-called friends..they always betray me not to mention my best-friend...as for my family..im not that happy but i always follow my own path ignoring other people talking bad bout me..i dun really care..this my life,this is how i started it and this is how it gonna end no one can ask me to get a life coz i had a life which i dun want to waste...
Then get new friends. There ARE good people out there who aren't sellouts, you know. It takes awhile to find em, but they're there.
oneWinged wrote: But besides all of that, I pretty much agree with everything Pollensalta said.
Hell yes you do! ^_^

There should be "limits" to everything... it's just like kids whose parents let them sit on their bums in front of the TV for hours... they are doing such a disservice to their children. When I was a kid, I ran around outside and played sports or with my friends just as much as I played on the computer or watched TV or read books. There was no way my parents were going to let me sit there and waste my life and my talents. I was glad for it then and I'm glad for it now. If all you do is sit around and neglect a social or working life, or exercise, then you are doing a disservice to yourself.
Purr.
Mikalakatov

Post by Mikalakatov »

some kids are not good or talented at sports... >.> so therefore just climbed around in the woods that used to be in their backyard. But as said in previous sentence, I have no talent in sports or other outsidely activities. My talents lie in drawing and writing, as I was the last to get picked for EVERYTHING in gym class. not that I minded.
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

Mikalakatov wrote:some kids are not good or talented at sports... >.> so therefore just climbed around in the woods that used to be in their backyard. But as said in previous sentence, I have no talent in sports or other outsidely activities. My talents lie in drawing and writing, as I was the last to get picked for EVERYTHING in gym class. not that I minded.
Well, that doesn't mean that you shouldn't get a healthy amount of exercise.
Purr.
Mikalakatov

Post by Mikalakatov »

I have DDR for that, but I'm too lazy to play it ~~;;; I'm too busy with Earthbound....
suikofan321

Post by suikofan321 »

Well playing games and making friends for me isnt that hard since I play at computer shops I usually talk to other people. I ask them what games they play or if they could play with me. I like to play DoTa in a computer cafe that my friend owns im kinda good at it so a lot people know me and play with me. I play for fun and not to compete.
dawn_rune

Post by dawn_rune »

Mikalakatov wrote:some kids are not good or talented at sports... >.> so therefore just climbed around in the woods that used to be in their backyard. But as said in previous sentence, I have no talent in sports or other outsidely activities. My talents lie in drawing and writing, as I was the last to get picked for EVERYTHING in gym class. not that I minded.
i use to be part of track and feild...now im in my soccer team...school team
Mikalakatov

Post by Mikalakatov »

dawn_rune wrote:
i use to be part of track and feild...now im in my soccer team...school team
and good for you, you excel in sports and have an active life style. *claps hands*