God, with a capital "G"

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

Eroschilles wrote:
Pollensalta wrote:And yet God is supposed to be perfect and sinless, which is a huge contradiction to what you just said...?
As Jowy said above it's been more or less assumed by Judeo-Christian religious peoples. God tells Moses that He is a jealous god. But jealousy is supposed to be a sin. Envy and all. So, I don't think God himself claims to be perfect. But He is perfectly honest.

But then I'm not a goood representation of the majority of Christians. So I try not to contradict myself too often.
As I belonged to the Christian church for 14 years and was raised at a Christian school, I'm pretty knowledgeable about the Bible. I'm 100% sure it's stated in there a lot. I don't have a lot of time this morning, but I'll be sure to look it up and find some places where it says that.
Purr.
crowley's_apprentice_2

Post by crowley's_apprentice_2 »

Edit by RK: What happened to the tough "I'm done posting here" guy?
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

crowley's_apprentice_2 wrote:Edit by RK: What happened to the tough "I'm done posting here" guy?
I smell another ban.

Oh, and here's a verse I was looking for to prove my point that the Bible says that god is sinless...

"Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Matthew 6"

Meanwhile, here's another verse that clearly contradicts the "jealous" and "angry" part...

"And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him" (1 John 4:16).
Purr.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

What's 'perfection'?
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

'Sinless' is what most have taken it to mean in the Bible.
Purr.
Rune of Illusion

Post by Rune of Illusion »

Sinless is generally is supposed to be perfect.
you can learn more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
Greywolf

Post by Greywolf »

Pollensalta wrote: And how God can be a loving god, a jealous god, and an angry god at the same time. (All 3 are stated in the Bible.)
I am not really an expert or anything, but if God created us in His image, wouldn't multiple emotions be possible in Him as well, just as in us? Human beings are different depending on the situation. Just my guess.
Iku

Post by Iku »

but thats what separates us from god! hes perfect and we (even the best of us) are sinners compared to his 'holiness' so. god shouldnt feel emotions as they arent really perfect ( if you have a clue what im gibbering about)
'Believed the evidence of your own eyes, did ya? In a place like this?' Granny Weatherwax
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

Its strange this subject, If god is all knowing and understanding, why would he need to feel anything towards you. He knows who you are, what your like, what you've done...the bad and the good. But you never know. Suppose we'll all see someday.
PSX Emulator Questions are here, if you have problems. Ask and hopefully I can help. Formerly known as Seifer by the way.
SporkFire

Re: God, with a capital "G"

Post by SporkFire »

I didn't read all the posts as there are far too many.

Anyways this is a topic I have thought about alot without really doing any research or digging into the bible and I'm not very familiar as I probably should be with it.

The thing is there has to be some God or whatever you want to call it because for this earth to form you need some object or thing to start off with to create anything. Even space, which is said to be infinite according to researchers, space to come from somewhere and be made up by someone/something.

Now I am a Christian even though I really need to understand the word of God much much more than I do now. However I come back to one thing everytime I think about this stuff which is where did God come from? I know the human mind can't comprehend what infinite is but how can something be here forever? I mean think about it... FOREVER. Were not talking about 100 trillion years, this is forever. It's just something my brain and everyone elses brain won't ever know while we are on this earth.

There are so many mysteries and we only know so little, actually very close to nothing considering space is infinite. Of course space is only 1 area, there could be more including heaven? Haha, ok I will shut up now since I know close to nothing because if you don't know infinite everything you then would know close to nothing... Ugh.

I guess like the bible says "have faith".
Crowley Reborn

Post by Crowley Reborn »

Since this is where I "died", I figured it'd be a nice place to be reborn. Hopefully.
Crowley's_Apprentice, back on Suikosource. Hear me out.

I realize I offended mostly everyone here; for that I am sorry. I went back to reread these old posts (i totally forgot about this whole thing, haha) and I saw myself getting out of control. I didn't realize that literally nobody would back me after I started posting, and I certainly didn't think I would offend the mods because I didn't agree with the homosexual lifestyle (not making excuses, just informing you).
I will say that I am sorry you took my posts so personally, Opp, I didn't mean to offend you (at first). But you did lash out at me, so I lashed back--I didn't understand why at the time (I was a kid, y'know?).
So I've spent some years working on myself; I was (and am, don't get me wrong, but we're all imperfect) a very angry person, but I've learned to be angry at things worth getting angry at.
I feel terrible that you all think I was so closed-minded... and the post about the gay people, I really only meant that I dislike the flamboyant gay people. They simply got on my nerves, and of course I didn't quite say it the way I should have. Perhaps saying nothing would have been better :)
However, I realize i offended you all, and I am sorry. Here I am, in front of you all once again, asking for a second chance. Of course, if what I did was simply unforgivable, or if you don't like me, or if you don't trust me, ban me again. I can take it. I just simply wanted to see if you all can forgive me.

But, until I get reemed, Crowley is back!

(this is sincere btw, I keep trying to turn over a new leaf and people really just think i have some evil plot... i do really nice things to people and they do nothing but talk crap about me... i understand people dont like my anger and whatnot, but how can i change if nobody lets me, eh?)

EDIT: *haha i tried logging into crowley's_apprentice, cuz i remember my password, but it's a lifelong ban... how amusing*
Check out The Old Kingdom Ardänia series, starting with the first book, Vermillion Skies
http://www.facebook.com/prbison
http://www.facebook.com/vermillionskies1
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I'm inclined to give you a second chance as I have had to reform my posting style many times previously, but I'm not a mod so I can't help you.

Just keep in mind that Suikoden has a diverse fanbase, including bisexuals and homosexuals.

I've also never been particularly fond of attention whores, but that has nothing to do with their sexual orientation. I could care less what they do in the bedroom.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

When I attend my buddhist class, the lecturer teach the concept he believe in god. The god is there and absolute/perfect. For that God is undescribed and any means to described or personalize the God is to degradating The God. (I'm trying to evade to refer the God as Him if you catch my point)
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Mustang wrote:When I attend my Buddhist class, the lecturer teach the concept he believe in god. The god is there and absolute/perfect. For that God is indescribable and any means to described or personalize the God is to degrading The God. (I'm trying to evade to refer the God as Him if you catch my point)
Interesting that an expert on Buddhism would be so theistic.

Going through the topic again, I'm really amazed at how much I've changed. I'm currently irreligious, although I'm also (academically) interested in the 'three great monotheisms': Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. I may either double-major or minor in Islamic Studies, but I'm not entirely sure.

Those posts were made during my 'atheist phase', a common phase during adolescence in very religious households. I've certainly done a complete 180 in that regard. I don't really mind what religion people ascribe to (or don't), as long as they aren't too pushy about it.

The problem with the 'atheist phase' is that some people don't get out of it, and wind up unintentionally becoming just as annoying as their evangelical counterparts. As there many different types of Jews, Christians, and Muslims, there are also many different types of atheists.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i can understand the frustration of both sides in trying to get non-subscribers to join... for Atheists, believing in something that isn't proven to exist is nonsense, yet most of society believes it anyway and shape rules/laws around it. for someone who believes strongly that there is a god and that their religion is the one way to live properly, they would get repulsed by all people who don't share the same exact religion and live the same exact way..... it would be hard to see these actions/people every day and not want to yell at them they are "living incorrectly".

i am very concerned with the advantage that religious organizations/leaders get to enjoy in a land that is supposed to govern each and every individual equally and fairly.