Wii

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Wraith

Wii

Post by Wraith »

I think its time to create a thread about the Wii. So how do you guys think about it? The controller looks weird and the name is just... just... just... you know what I mean!

Anyway I just wonder what people think.

Also Wii= Nintendo Revolution.

Also, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess will be released on the GameCube but when played on the Wii it will unlock some small things, but nothing serious.

Its strange to say 'the Wii' in a sentence.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6148462.html
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

*copying and pasting from the other thread*

Lourde Incarnadine wrote:Haven't you heard? The Revolution is over; Nintendo's announced that the system's official name will be the "Wii".

No, I'm not kidding. Though I wish that I were.

son_michael wrote:I had no clue

that link says ii means "good" in japanese and the reason nintendo is doing it is because they want to be able to easily reach all people or something

it dosen't sound horrible but yeah the name sounds kinda silly, either way if nintendo gets behind it...im sure people will quickly accept it

lol I love Nintendo's slogan "So that's Wii. But now Nintendo needs you. Because, it's really not about you or me. It's about Wii. And together, Wii will change everything."

*end copying and pasting*

I think the system and the games will still be awsome, its just a different name now and nothing else

its STILL going to have SUPER SMASH BROTHERS ONLINE! with SONIC, still going to have a zelda game, still going to have animal crossing ONLINE and still going to have mario kart ONLINE

PLUS were gonna be able to download all the old nintendo games from all the old systems and POSSIBLY sega games as well

btw, good call wraith, we deffinetley need a thread to discuss this!
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Is online really so great? I'd have to say I much prefer having people sitting in my living room playing with me than just seeing them play online.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Oppenheimer wrote:Is online really so great? I'd have to say I much prefer having people sitting in my living room playing with me than just seeing them play online.
Well MMORPG's and playing online anonymously(sp?) is fun sometimes. I do enjoy people coming over to play sometimes but it can get very annoying at a certain point. Its also hard to send someone away if they annoy you while online you can just log out.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Oppenheimer wrote:Is online really so great? I'd have to say I much prefer having people sitting in my living room playing with me than just seeing them play online.
yep it is, online is all the rage nowadays. The game cube got alot of heat for not having online play which is most likely the reason nintendo is finally doing it
warmaster670

Post by warmaster670 »

whenever nintendo has a good thin, they have to go screw it up. come one, revolution sounded cool at least. who wants to say" im gonna go upstairs and play with my wee"
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

son_michael wrote: yep it is, online is all the rage nowadays. The game cube got alot of heat for not having online play which is most likely the reason nintendo is finally doing it
Well, I certainly can't argue with a blanket statement devoid of fact like that one, that's for sure. I have never played a PS2 or Xbox online game and like it that way. In fact there are very few very good games that are online console games. Out of the top ten games of the year, how many won their standing because of online play?
I think Nintendo would have been fine without it, except the downloading aspect is a good idea I suppose.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

warmaster670 wrote:whenever nintendo has a good thin, they have to go screw it up. come one, revolution sounded cool at least. who wants to say" im gonna go upstairs and play with my wee"
Nintendo has been in the gaming industry longer than any other so I think they know what their doing...I hope.

Their main goal is to get as many new people as possible to play games. While others(Xbox 360 for example) are more for Hardcore gamers. To be honest I like Nintendo a hell of alot more then PS2 and Xbox due to their amazing games such as Zelda and Mario. They also had many consoles brought out such as the GameBoy, Nintendo 64, Nintendo DS and the ill-fated Virtual Boy.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

I personally can't stand online play. I rarely (read as: about twice ever :p) even play any of my PC games online, so I couldn't give a shiny shite about whether Nintendo decides to incorporate it or not, and seeing as how Oppenheimer feels more or less the same way, there's at least a small percentage that wouldn't find online play to be important at all. But I'm digressing from the topic.

The downloading old Nintendo and Sega games sounds interesting, does anybody know any more about this?
Waylander

Post by Waylander »

I love Nintendo, to the point of fanboydom, but DAMN! That name is a total turnoff especially since they are trying to change their image. I figured they'd call it the "Badass" and debut with a post apocalypse New York based FPS staring Mario. I Hate the name but I'm still gonna buy the thing. It's gonna rock.

Excuse me while I go pre-order my Wii.
Couldn’t agree more. Online play can't make up for personal interaction, punching people in the face, or knocking the controler out of someone's hand when necessary.

Let the Wii jokes begin.

I, and many other, will only refer to it as my "Nintendo."
Last edited by Waylander on Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Oppenheimer wrote:Well, I certainly can't argue with a blanket statement devoid of fact like that one, that's for sure. I have never played a PS2 or Xbox online game and like it that way. In fact there are very few very good games that are online console games. Out of the top ten games of the year, how many won their standing because of online play?
I think Nintendo would have been fine without it, except the downloading aspect is a good idea I suppose.
I agree with you, I've tried online computer games{mmorpg's} at my friends house and I think its too complicated and not really FUN like console games, but its not you or I who'se oppinion's matter. The fact is, the gaming industry is now largley centered around online gaming and because of the overwhelming succes of mmorpg's...all consoles are expected to come with online functions and likewise...the gaming press gives a game a lower score for not coming with online play

I've tried console online games like halo and I think there really cool, being able to tell your friend on a headset to cover you and that you will cover him is really something amazing to hear. I think online play will help Nintendo stay in the good graces of the skeptics and the more modern gamers while adding a new dimension to there old games and keep there true nintendo fans happy

overall I think its a good move on Nintendo's part and I have every confidence in them and there abilities
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

I agree with you, I've tried online computer games{mmorpg's} at my friends house and I think its too complicated and not really FUN like console games, but its not you or I who'se oppinion's matter. The fact is, the gaming industry is now largley centered around online gaming and because of the overwhelming succes of mmorpg's...all consoles are expected to come with online functions and likewise...the gaming press gives a game a lower score for not coming with online play
Indeed, MMORPG's like World of Warcraft are very fun but can get you addicted like it has been with me, they make alot of money with addicts. I luckely quited a month or 2 ago. But do not be mistaken, I had a shitload of fun on WoW. I met many people with whom I still have contact with to this day. Frankly Online gaming is very fun given the right game.

Super Smash Bros with online function will rule. Its nice to fight against real people rather than A.I. sometimes. And most of my friends are anti-Nintendo so I would never get them to play at my house on SSB.
Waylander

Post by Waylander »

If your friends are anti- Nintendo, is there really such a faction?, then thay aren't gonna be playing you online at their house either. In fighting games like Smash and Soul Caliber II what will become of shoot talking? Is this highly respectable art to fall into obscurity?

Regardless of name, it's still a Nintendo. The games will rock and cover your ass cause I think we are about to get smacked with some serious third party support, unlike the much better named: Gamecube.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Lemmy Claypool wrote:The downloading old Nintendo and Sega games sounds interesting, does anybody know any more about this?
its gonna cost money :( initially nintendo announced it was gonna be all free but then they changed there mind

but you will be able to download ALL the old games from the old nintendo systems, ALL the way up to the nintendo 64{this includes all the gameboy's as well}

the controller/remote for the WII will have all the buttons for super nintendo controllers and regular nintendo controllers and you have to flip it around to get those buttons, the remote itself will slid einto an N 64 controller cassing in order to play N 64 games

its hasn't been confirmed that we will be able to download sega games but its HIGHLY expected and rumored since Nintendo seems to have a new partnership with sega

and ive read on a gaming website that SONIC will be in the new smash brother online game...so yes people we might FINALLY be able to see/play SONIC vs MARIO!
Waylander

Post by Waylander »

I have seen it confirmed on multiple web pages that Sega and Turbo Grax 16 games will be supporting the new Nintendo *refuses to call it, its new name.* I couldn't find it fast hence no link, but search IGN's page they had a good article on it awhile back.

Jeez ,I need to be working.