Silent Hill: The movie (spoilers about it)

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Occam Arkitect wrote: One of my rants in the movie is that Dahlia Gillespie had an innocent character.
Oh yes, absolutely. I agree. Basically Dahlia became Christabella in the movie. The fact alone that they had so many survivors was different than the game. Plus they had no flying creatures or dogs. But, I guess the dogs were left out so they didn't look like they were copying the Resident Evil movies.
Kailest

Thumbs Up

Post by Kailest »

I liked the movie though I haven't played the game. Having talked to friends about the game I could understand what was going on.

Oh yeah. ..

The other reason the cop just took it was because she knew that there was no way she could defend against that many attackers with just a baton(her clip was empty)... Self sacrifice.
Occam Arkitect

Post by Occam Arkitect »

Oh c'mon, she's a cop! She can handle melee combat, unless she's been skipping training.

Oppenheimer: I was suprised that the movie had many survivors.. I guess it took away some "thrill" from the movie. And about the flying creatures, it would've been a great addition, but I guess they were a bit cheesy for the monster programmer.
Twighlight

Post by Twighlight »

actually i didnt like the movie either...
the details were awesome but the plot is just way too confusing...
Stupid...
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

the movie was okay. Like twighlight says, the details were awesome but plot was hella confusing
Nick Bruiser
Shula

Post by Shula »

Nemesis wrote:the movie was okay. Like twighlight says, the details were awesome but plot was hella confusing
I didn't think it was too confusing, they even explained quite a few things outright, but not to say there weren't any plotholes in it but
I liked the way the movie ended, the way the director left it up to the viewer decide what happened.It makes you think(which very few movies do these days... well for me anyways). I mean on my way out me and my friend were arguing how it ended.

She thinks that they died and that was all in Alessas mind(or something of the sort) and I thought they were just trapped in one of the dimensions of Silent Hill, which the director said in a few interviews that there were multiple dimensions of Silent Hill(well in the movie anyway).Which we argued about for like... a week after we saw it!! well thats just my 2 cents :D