Chrono Trigger

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

Yeah at the Trail I got so sick of being sent to Jail anyways that I started doing the things that would at least make me feel like I earned the Jail time. Eating the Lunch, not getting the kitty, trying to sell the Necklace and lying through my teeth. Yep Good times.
thejowypwnage

Post by thejowypwnage »

I feel the same way about Suikoden 2. I love one also, but two is just phenominal. To me, it is truly better than any movie or book. When the plot twist involving [spoiler]jowy becoming king of highland[/spoiler] happened, I wasl like "WOMFGZ NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!" I literaly put the controller down and stared at the screen for at least 10-15 minutes. Even today, after years of having it, I still freeze up when the plot twist comes around.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Ummm thanks for that, but the topic is about Chrono Trigger. Please stay on topic.
Kak

Re: Chrono Trigger

Post by Kak »

Oppenheimer wrote:I also can't put my finger on what it is that made that game so special.
Neither do I. I played it first time last year because everybody said wonders about it, and I was truly truly disappointed. I couldn't understand how people could talk so well about "that".

I suppose it was one of the first RPGs people played and it's something which reaches your heart as I love Spectrum games despite common people would say they're crap 8)

after playing chrono trigger I played xenogears, which I loved, and then suikoden 1 which got me so hooked that made me play suiko 2, 3, 4, tactics, and 5 in 6 months :D
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

Chrono Trigger has that effect on people, it was my second ever RPG, my first one being Suikoden 2. But I still praise the game now and hold it in high regard, the different aspects of time and how certain actions changed the course of history were simply amazing.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
RogetOfTheWind

Post by RogetOfTheWind »

I thought Chrono Trigger was a great game. I love the concept of traveling through time and as you change things in the past it showed the affects on the future no matter how small it could have hazd a drastic effect or maybe not.
I'll never be a memory- Sephiroth
Waylander

Post by Waylander »

I've never played this game. I have the PS1 rehash and just haven't made time for it. I just read through this thread and seeing how so many people have such strong feelings about is giving me some reason to cross it off my list. I'm also kinda scared about playing it.

Suikoden III was my intro the series and I loved it. I found this site and read all these peoples feelings about Suikoden II and how it's just better than air. I got the game played it, saw the good ending blah blah blah...

It was good, but for me nothing more. The hype it had to live up too from all I read on suikosource made it somewhat of a let down. So for me it's kinda the same circle of events. Read about phenomenal game, buy it, play it, be somewhat let down. I hope it's not the case with CT. I also saw on Gamespot’s webpage where they called this one the greatest games ever recently. So I think I'll let my CT hype fade for the moment, forget about how great it’s said to be and play Tales of Phantasia.
The 109th Star

Post by The 109th Star »

You all are making me feel old.

Back when I had my SNES, I used to play Street Fighter II, NHL Hockey and Madden all the time. I found Chrono Trigger at the rental store and decided to try an RPG for once. All I can say is that decision forever changed my life. The story was great! I loved learning about the characters and how their lives were shaped by past, present and future events or actions. But what haunts me the most is the music; especially the sad flute song on the world map in 1000 AD.

After CT, I went on to play Suikoden. I don't think I have played Madden or NHL Hockey since.
“I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.” -Will Shriner

"Yep...Shocking horror..." Crow, MST3K "The Screaming Skull"
Simon M.

Post by Simon M. »

It has been a long time since I played Chrono Trigger also. That game is great! I really miss it. I collect its midis so yea, it brings back a lot of memories. The fact that time fly by so fast since I last play it, and I was really attached to the game.
"Come friends, to the Land of Guild
Lurker1

Post by Lurker1 »

Sadly I never played the first one but I did enjoy the second one humm maybe I have to see if I can find the remake they released and try it out.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Lurker1 wrote: see if I can find the remake they released
There is no remake for Chrono Trigger, sadly.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Oppenheimer wrote:
Lurker1 wrote: see if I can find the remake they released
There is no remake for Chrono Trigger, sadly.
There is. They rereleased it on the PSX with Final Fantasy IV as Final Fantasy Chronicles.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Ohhhhhhhh that. Well, I thought of that more of a "re-release" than a remake because it's basically the same game. But yes there are cinematics and really slow loading time that weren't in the original so they did change it a bit. Consider my statement recanted.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

There are extra endings aswell, aren't there?

Or were there 12 in the original?
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Lemmy Claypool wrote:There are extra endings aswell, aren't there?

Or were there 12 in the original?
nah, bassically they just added anime cutscenes

there were 12 endings in the otiginal snes version as well