Chrono Trigger

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Mikalakatov

Post by Mikalakatov »

I have that game for psx but I have never gotten past the part when you get the robot, well that was the farthest that I had gotten to and have not picked up since, cause I was playing Suikoden II at the time as well ~~;;;
GenmaNinja

Post by GenmaNinja »

Chrono Trigger is one of my all time favorite games. The music and characters are fantastic. Also I love Magus he is one of my favorite video game characters.
Throw your life away for justice.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

GenmaNinja wrote:Also I love Magus he is one of my favorite video game characters.
Magus was definetly good. But, what'd you think of Ozzie? Wasn't he hallarious comic relief? Especially when you fight him in his fort near the end of the game and the cat hits the switch to drop him into the pit "Ozzie's in a jam!" or whatever it is he says.
Auron_81

Post by Auron_81 »

Ozzie, Slash, and Flea.....they needed a drummer though, maybe a tommy lee cameo would have been in order?
Castilho

Post by Castilho »

Never felt anything special about CT, always felt better playing FF4 or FF6, much better games.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Castilho wrote:Never felt anything special about CT, always felt better playing FF4 or FF6, much better games.
Do you have any paticular reasons to back up that opinion? Or is it just a "feeling" with no basis?
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

I think THE greatest thing about chrono trigger was the trial

anyone remember that? the prosecutor actually has REAL evidence of what you did in the beggining of the game

lol so you had to make sure to ALWAYS listen to marle, get her candy, dont bump into her ect ect, this way the prosecuter has little evidence to say you were mean to her and that you kidnapped the princess

anyone ever win the trial?

I did, and the funny thing is you still get thrown in jail!
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Yeah, I won quite often if I was paying attention once I knew what to do. Yeah they throw you in jail anyway but "aren't going to execute you", except that the jailer or someone lies and tells the warden that you are to be executed but "the papers got lost somewhere". hahaha
Laharle

Post by Laharle »

son_michael wrote:pesmerga, you MUST play chrono trigger, make that a goal in your life

I kid you not..it is FANTASTIC

I guarantee you will find no flaw in the game

I mean...how could someone not have played chrono trigger? GO PLAY CHRONO TRIGGER!!!!

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD AND TRUE!!!!

YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR MISSING OUT ON!!!!
not to mention its 1 of the best graphics ever made back in the SNES days :P
Mad Prince of Highland

Post by Mad Prince of Highland »

It was funny how Frog spoke old english, but everyone in the middle ages talked normal, even glenn!
"Fear is a stupid emotion."
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

There was highly competent fan project called Chrono Ressurection.

Check out the trailer; it had great potential. Too bad Squenix forced the people involved to discontinue work on it.
Chaos_Zero

Post by Chaos_Zero »

If it weren't for Chrono Trigger back in late '95, I would've never touched any Suikoden. CT broke me out of my hate for RPG's. I just never liked them. Once I played CT, I couldn't get enough of them.

It's still in my top 5, and the music is still among the best to date.

Chrono Trigger brought about a revelation and revolution.
The Miraculous Epidemic, Cruel Salvation, and Merciful Genocide.
confused redhead

Post by confused redhead »

Ready for a pathetic story?

When I was 15 (yes, I'm an old hag), my parents gave me a few bucks when I went on my band trip. I didn't spend a DIME. Then, I came home and bought CT with the money I had saved. It was 25 times better than any stupid Hard Rock shirt. Boy, were my parents ticked. Still, it's my favorite game ever. EVERYONE should play this game. :)
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
-Ben Franklin
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

dragonmasterx wrote:There was highly competent fan project called Chrono Ressurection.

Check out the trailer; it had great potential. Too bad Squenix forced the people involved to discontinue work on it.
That's so terribly sad :-( I'd cherish a remake of that game. But, luckily unlike FFVII the graphics still look okay even now. But seeing that world with fresh eyes of a remake would be wonderful, damn you squenix.
Konno

Post by Konno »

Chrono Trigger was my first RPG. I remember paying 75 dollars for it. That sure was a lot of money when I was about 12 years old. I'll never forget the story or the music, it's "timeless".

I remember the trial, I had all the jury on my side. Got sent to jail anyways. Good times.

Back then, it sure felt good saving the world even though I was only 12 at the time.