Your taste in music

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Michael Easton

Re: Your taste in music

Post by Michael Easton »

Chaco wrote:On another note I just got some Atmosphere songs and they were not that bad, so I take back my previous statement about Rap. 8)
Cool. Glad to know that I could be of service.
Wade Aznable

Post by Wade Aznable »

here's my list: pop, jazz, fusion, classical, 80s, some rock, j-pop, ambient
May you live interesting times...
Nightwing_56

Post by Nightwing_56 »

I'm a metalhead, and music is pretty much my life.

Favorites:
Opeth
Manowar
Immortal
Death
Iron Maiden
Slayer
Sodom
Ensiferum
Lordi
Arjen Lucassen (get any Ayreon cd, you will be blown away)
Benthos

Post by Benthos »

Well, here's my opinion. If there's anything on me that you can find many controversy about, it's music and food also.

My style is rock, of the modern types. I also like some hip-hop, the older style, not this crappy one. My favorite bands at the moment are Daughtry, Foo Fighters, Outkast, Nirvana, Nickelback, Limp Bizkit, Good Charlotte and Eminem.

I formerly liked Linkin Park, Evanescence, AFI, 50 Cent, Black Eyed Peas, Simple Plan and Slipknot. I still like some songs of them, although they're not my favorites anymore.

Well, about the expression "emo", for me this simply don't exist. I know that many bands have incorporated this on their style, but consider all bands that sing a melodic or dramatic song is a little ridiculous. It's not exactly the band that is emo, it's the people that are emo.
Sebastian

Post by Sebastian »

I listen to quite a wide variety, from Folk to Psychedelic Ambient to Black Metal. Speaking of Black Metal, Leviathan is finally releasing Massive Conspiracy Against All Life.
Redheim

Post by Redheim »

My favorite bands and songs are as follows;

Frank Zappa- Peaches en Regalia or Let's move to Cleveland
Primus- I can't remmember what it's called, so i'll just say Mr.Krinkle.
Alice in Chains- Love, Hate, Love.
Keep your Coins, I want Change.
Sebastian

Post by Sebastian »

Benthos wrote: Well, about the expression "emo", for me this simply don't exist. I know that many bands have incorporated this on their style, but consider all bands that sing a melodic or dramatic song is a little ridiculous. It's not exactly the band that is emo, it's the people that are emo.
Emo isn't an expression; it's a musical genre that started in the mid '80s. The term simply meant emotionally-charged Punk Rock. Listen to bands like Rites Of Spring, The Hated, and Moss Icon for examples of this. Most of the bands that people use the word Emo to describe aren't real Emo, nor do they have any real traces of Emo in their music. Fall Out Boy or My Chemical Romance are prime examples.
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

I'd like to say I'm a fan of everything. . but I'm not.

I'm like this, I'd hear a song, like it. . doesn't matter what it is if I like it I like it. I never know who the singer of the song is. . .

But there's one particular band I'm in love with. . .Keane. Yes.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Quing

Post by Quing »

I generally like older rock. Nothing more recent than the '80s really. I really like Styx, The Beatles, Kansas, Simon & Garfunkel, Emerson, Lake, and Powell, Elton John, stuff like that. I tend to like softer rock. Van Halen is my limit. I also like folk, both traditional English/Celtic type of stuff (and Anonymous Four and Steeleye Span) and more recent '60s protest folk like Peter, Paul, and Mary, Pete Seeger, and Phil Ochs. I also like Enya and Loreena McKennit, which I think fall under "New Age" or some such fancy title but are really folk. And I like Mannheim Steamroller. I'm not sure what that falls under, but it's good. I also really like filk, especially Leslie Fish, Kathy Mar, and Meg Davis. And there's some video game music that I quite like. I also occasionally find myself in the mood where what I really want is something like ABBA or The Beach Boys that is absolutely devoid of depth. I don't really listen to rap, heavy metal, country, punk, emo music, or the mating songs of jellyfish. I think that about covers my musical taste, though I'm sure I've left something out.
Mackasplaff

Post by Mackasplaff »

Hardly anyone listen to any reggae here, I myself listen to all sorts of roots reggae like Congos, Steel Pulse, and Gladiators. But they are all old bands, if you want to listen to todays most excellent reggae check out Groundation. Midnite is another favourite.

Also listen to some poetic rap like sage francis, slug and such.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Serj Tankian's solo album is pretty freaking amazing. Everyone should check it out. It combines the good metal sound of System of a Down with acoustic guitar and piano. It's amazing.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Redheim

Post by Redheim »

I've seen System of a Down in concert. Ozzfest at Columbus.
Keep your Coins, I want Change.
Repner

Post by Repner »

I'm a really big progressive rock/metal fan.

I'm into stuff like Yes, Pink Floyd, Pain Of Salvation, Dream Theater, Porcupine Tree, Frank Zappa (as the people in the welcome thread know already), King Crimson, Symphony X, Ayreon, Opeth, Devin Townsend, Riverside, Steve Vai, and many more. There are many other styles I'm into as well, but Prog is my favourite genre.
Last edited by Repner on Mon May 19, 2008 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bernadette Egan

Post by Bernadette Egan »

My favorite band is probably Sikth... I like Action Action and The Blood Brothers, too. I also listen to music from Suikoden a lot, too. And random Japanese songs.
Michael Easton

Post by Michael Easton »

Repner wrote:I'm a really big progressive rock/metal fan.

I'm into stuff like Yes, Pink Floyd, Pain Of Salvation, Dream Theater, Porcupine Tree, Frank Zappa (as the people in the welcome thread know already), King Crimson, Symphony X, Ayreon, Opeth, Devin Townsend, Riverside, Steve Vai, and many more. There are many other styles I'm into as well, but Prog is my favourite genre.
If you like Prog then check out Between The Buried and Me's last album, Colours. It's amazing and was my favourite album of last year. I caught them supporting the Dillinger Escape Plan back in February and they were phenomenal, as were Dillinger.