Final Fantasy 7 Advent children

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

ViktorFan wrote:
Wraith wrote: So could someone explain the plot a bit to me? I saw it in Japanese so the subtitles could be less specific in terms of explenation. WHo the hell are those 3 guys? Are they soldiers that were exposed to Mako or Sephiroth-like clone Cetra thingy's?
Here's a very short summary about the plot:
2 years after the end of FF VII the geostigma disease (Star-Scar-Syndrom) broke out (mainly children) and there's no cure. Apparently it's a reaction of human bodies to the influences of lifestream and jenova-cells. The 3 guys you mentioned are siblings and a new gang, they have resemblence with Sephiroth. They see the geostigma as the planets punishment and they want to cure the children with the help of their "mother". "Mother" is Jenova and they think she can fight against the planet she has the power to cure the children, that's why they are searching her. They kidnap the children and the leader of the gang, Kadaj, tells them to join forces with him against the planet. And they are searching Jenova because they need her head for the reunion to make another Sephiroth. But of course Cloud saves the children with the help of the "Avalanche"-members who only have a little part in the movie (except Vincent). As I said, it's a very short summary :) .

By the way the director of "Advent Children", Mr. Tetsuya Nomura, said in an interview the battle-scenes shouldn't be too realistc. I got these infos from http://www.adventchildren.net, if you want more details it's a good place to find out about the movie and read the interviews.
Well, that stuff I understood. What I didn't understand was who the hell Kadaj and the gang were but that was answered.

And offcourse the fighting scenes shouldn't be too realistic. I mean... Sephiroth can fly!
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

I loved FF7. Hated AC.

pretty emo boys, fighting, dilly dally shilly shally, fighting, MORE PRETTY EMO BOYS ZOMGZ, more fighting, it's over.

woo effing hoo.
Purr.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Cait Sith. Scottish.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Lemmy Claypool wrote:Cait Sith. Scottish.
Oh oh! That reminds me. Okay, wasn't Cait Sith just a robot or something created by that guy in Shinra? And wasn't the moogle part of the robot? Why is the Shinra guy still using Cait Sith? Why not just appear now that Shinra's defunct? And where's the moogle part?

I was so confused by him. Not that we got any explanation about any of the old characters besides Tifa, Cloud and Vincent, they were just "there".
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Exactly. What's more, Cait Sith had a Scottish accent...Reeve didn't.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Lemmy Claypool wrote:Exactly. What's more, Cait Sith had a Scottish accent...Reeve didn't.
Thats why I like Japanese.
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

Lemmy Claypool wrote:Exactly. What's more, Cait Sith had a Scottish accent...Reeve didn't.
IT DOESN'T MATTER! omfg teh pretty emo boyz with hair in their pretty green mako eyes! liek it is the best movie evar!

Visually stunning, yes. Good story, no.
Purr.
LoganAlpha30X13

Post by LoganAlpha30X13 »

Wasn't Cait Sith the cat with the crown on his head that could animate things and make them do his bidding. Loved the few Cloud/Tifa moments. I'll go now........................
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

I loved the Cloud/Tifa moments as well. They were some of the few redeeming things in this movie. That and the fact that Aeris is still dead, and will now probably stop appearing in future FF7 stuff.
Purr.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Pollensalta wrote:I loved the Cloud/Tifa moments as well. They were some of the few redeeming things in this movie. That and the fact that Aeris is still dead, and will now probably stop appearing in future FF7 stuff.
Damn I'm gald that Aeris is still dead. They luckely didn't go FFX-2 on us in AC. That woudl've made the movie a shitload worse.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Now if only her stupid spirit would stop shoving its ass into every scene.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
LoganAlpha30X13

Post by LoganAlpha30X13 »

Well her purpose in the movie was to get Cloud to forgive himself and believe that he's worth something and to get him to open up to Tifa, basically getting him to move on and try to be happy. I'll go now......................
Precelsus

Yes... Aeris seems to come out everywhere... doesn't she.

Post by Precelsus »

Did anyone notice that at the end of credits (Can't believe I saw the end of the credits) that Wherever Cloud's riding off to, Aeris is there also?! (Well she's standing on the field that looks like where Cloud's going to...)Wait... where is she standing on exactly?
Is there supposed to be a deep meaning to this or am i just thinking too hard...?
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

Jowy Atreides wrote:Now if only her stupid spirit would stop shoving its ass into every scene...
Srsly.

However, I think there's more FF7 crap coming out soon, and from what I know, Aeris is not a part of it. She's finally been laid to rest. Unfortunately, the two fanbases (I guess known as Clerises and CloTis) are still as rabid and crazy about their two couplings (NEITHER ARE CANON, PEOPLE) as ever.

I've seriously never seen anyone online as crazy as a rabid FF7 Cloud-pairing shipper. I hear about some of them (mainly the Cloud/Aeris fans) who go around IN REAL LIFE telling random people of the GREAT LOVE of their couple.

Wtf.
Purr.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

you know i really wanted to liked this movie as much as the game...(kadaj is a really cool bad guy despite the "slight" sephiroth rip)

i could look past incosistent storylines..character voices...and most strange and embarassing dialouge....but what the crap is dilly dally shilly shally........im done man..lol
Eagles May Soar But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines.