Final Fantasy 7 Advent children

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Auron_81

Post by Auron_81 »

I think all the resources and talent that have gone into making this movie are misallocated.....Square-Enix is a game company and should stick to making games....All the people working on this project could be making the next great video game.....I'll take a great 40+ hour RPG over a 90 minute movie(or whatever the confirmed length is) any day.....
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

The movie is actually about an hour and forty minutes long, and yes it is AWESOME!!! I've watched the subtitled version about a million times now and it get better every time. As for Square Enix putting the efforts into a game instead of a movie, it could be a possability on the PS3. Check out this tech demo (if you already haven't)
http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/rpg/finalfa ... index.html
PSN: FreshMetal80
Night

Post by Night »

Just a dream I'm afraid freshmetal. At some point Square said that they have no plans to remake FFVII for the PS3. However... there's an official download service being released for the PSP soon for PSOne games. What are the chances we're gonna see FFVII among them??
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

Man that SUCKS!!! Could you imagine how sweet a full remake would be?! It's been such a long time since i played a good final fantasy game.
PSN: FreshMetal80
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Night wrote:Just a dream I'm afraid freshmetal. At some point Square said that they have no plans to remake FFVII for the PS3. However... there's an official download service being released for the PSP soon for PSOne games. What are the chances we're gonna see FFVII among them??
They created a FFVII intro or whatever for the last E3 and showed it. It was basicly to tease us since the ONLY use that demo would have is to say: "look, were remaking FFVII." HOWEVER there is no confirmation for a PS3 FF7 Remake. would be a shame if they didin't do it though.
Zombee

Post by Zombee »

Night wrote:Just a dream I'm afraid freshmetal. At some point Square said that they have no plans to remake FFVII for the PS3. However... there's an official download service being released for the PSP soon for PSOne games. What are the chances we're gonna see FFVII among them??
We must be getting our info from very different sources. These days the rumor mill says that they ARE re-making FF7 from the PS3, because the fan reaction to the tech demo was so strong. However, rumors are just that - rumors. I'd say we have a good year or so to wait before we see anything concrete either way.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Yeah so I finally saw it. . . and I very much disliked it.

It was so shallow. I got the impression "Hey look there's that guy from the game, look he can kill stuff. Oh and there's that guy, remember him? he can blow stuff up too. Oh and there's cloud, he's moody, but more important he can kill stuff. Oh look Seperoith is back. Why? So you can see how good he is at killing stuff. Oh Bahaumt, remember him from the game? guess what? He can kill stuff. . ."

Like, no character development to speak of. The Geostigma was just a joke. It was just action sequence upon action sequence. And also, since when can everyone defy gravity like that? in the game they were bound by the laws of physics.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Oppenheimer wrote:Yeah so I finally saw it. . . and I very much disliked it.

It was so shallow. I got the impression "Hey look there's that guy from the game, look he can kill stuff. Oh and there's that guy, remember him? he can blow stuff up too. Oh and there's cloud, he's moody, but more important he can kill stuff. Oh look Seperoith is back. Why? So you can see how good he is at killing stuff. Oh Bahaumt, remember him from the game? guess what? He can kill stuff. . ."

Like, no character development to speak of. The Geostigma was just a joke. It was just action sequence upon action sequence. And also, since when can everyone defy gravity like that? in the game they were bound by the laws of physics.
Ironicly, no one died in the movie(those people weren't really alive were they?). And the movie was pretty much just action scenes. You'll only look at the movie to see Cloud and Sephiroth fight.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Of course the opinion you have, Oppenheimer, is very unpopular among most of the populus since they're going to adamantly state that nothing relating to FF7 could possibly have a flaw in any manner what so ever. Too bad I'm too cool to share that opinion.

I felt the same way you did and I got into a little tete a tete with some stupid guy ~_~ whose justification for the lack of plot and character development was that the game, Final Fantasy 7, had more than enough to carry not only itself but the movie as well. I, however, used logic to disagree but his stupidity was so great that an epiphany for aforemention idiot was not possible. All I can say at the moment is, if Advent Children was the in-game ending for Final Fantasy 7 then it would've been utter garbage. It was totally unneeded. For all of the money they spent on making it and all the time they took, I honestly expected something good, not something packed full of great action and lacking story. I'm more than slightly disappointed. ~_~
I hope everything is going delicious.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Wraith wrote:Ironicly, no one died in the movie(those people weren't really alive were they?). And the movie was pretty much just action scenes. You'll only look at the movie to see Cloud and Sephiroth fight.
Well yes by "kill" I meant fight/explosions/slash with sword. Also, please note that speaking of lack of dying, Cloud was stabbed with Sep.'s sword through his arm and dosen't even flinch ever after. But then a lot of people crash and bash and are apparently never in need of a Cura spell haha.

I'm glad to hear that some people agree with me, especially super cool people like Angelis 8)
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

What was up with that Geostigma thing anyway? I found that AC had one of the lamest plots ever(there are worse though). But like Angelis said, you can't argue with rabid FF7 fanboys that go "ZOMG CLOUDZOR OVERDRIVE ATTCKZOR!!!!111eleven!!" when they see the Seph-Cloud fight.

So could someone explain the plot a bit to me? I saw it in Japanese so the subtitles could be less specific in terms of explenation. WHo the hell are those 3 guys? Are they soldiers that were exposed to Mako or Sephiroth-like clone Cetra thingy's?
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

Well although the movie did a pretty bad job at explaining it, here's the basics regarding the clones and Sephiroth's return.

[spoiler]They're clones of Sephiroth, one of them gets hold of Jevova's head, absorbs it into him and then become Sephiroth[/spoiler]
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Yeah exactly. You know from the game there were all those numbered clones around? The ones of Sephiroth. They are some of those. Remember they all gathered for the "reunion" at one point? They wanted to gather for the next aniversary of the reunion and whatnot.

Geostigma was Jenova's evil essence in the lifestream (now that she's all dead and whatnot) infecting people. But Aeris can cure it because she's ZOMG and whatnot. . .

Edit: Yeah, so apparently I say whatnot a lot when I'm not impressed with what I'm saying.
Futagi

Post by Futagi »

This is the entire plot: Children get sick. Children get better. The end.
Hello Suikoden-type people:D
ViktorFan

Post by ViktorFan »

Wraith wrote: So could someone explain the plot a bit to me? I saw it in Japanese so the subtitles could be less specific in terms of explenation. WHo the hell are those 3 guys? Are they soldiers that were exposed to Mako or Sephiroth-like clone Cetra thingy's?
Here's a very short summary about the plot:
2 years after the end of FF VII the geostigma disease (Star-Scar-Syndrom) broke out (mainly children) and there's no cure. Apparently it's a reaction of human bodies to the influences of lifestream and jenova-cells. The 3 guys you mentioned are siblings and a new gang, they have resemblence with Sephiroth. They see the geostigma as the planets punishment and they want to cure the children with the help of their "mother". "Mother" is Jenova and they think she can fight against the planet she has the power to cure the children, that's why they are searching her. They kidnap the children and the leader of the gang, Kadaj, tells them to join forces with him against the planet. And they are searching Jenova because they need her head for the reunion to make another Sephiroth. But of course Cloud saves the children with the help of the "Avalanche"-members who only have a little part in the movie (except Vincent). As I said, it's a very short summary :) .

By the way the director of "Advent Children", Mr. Tetsuya Nomura, said in an interview the battle-scenes shouldn't be too realistc. I got these infos from http://www.adventchildren.net, if you want more details it's a good place to find out about the movie and read the interviews.