Final Fantasy 7 Advent children

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Queens Knight

Post by Queens Knight »

i have no clue wtf Dilly Dally Shilly Shally is, i mean if they only used it once in the movie whatever, but they use it over and over and over again, and its not just like one person says it, a lot of them do! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

I think it means that Cloud is "dilly dallying around", which means he's sitting around not doing anything.
PSN: FreshMetal80
True Tir Mcdohl

Post by True Tir Mcdohl »

AC was good because it cleared alot of questions that was in FFVII, like one big one that was heatly debated back in FFVII was "Who was the Real Villain, Sephiroth or Jenova?" However we all know from my Marlene's quotes and what occurs in AC who was actually running the entire show during FFVII, so that ended this ongoing debate. Not only that, it put a conclusion to FFVII, I mean, how can anyone say AC is bad, when 1. AC should not be looked at by itself, but a continuation of the storyline of FFVII the game, they both should be looked at together and as a complete story, not two seperates pieces.

FFVII AC put a conclusion, which was needed, I mean, in VII the ending, we where left with a feeling of "What happened to them?" After the ending, in which AC delivered. I'm glad AC happen, beautiful cgi (everyone seems to take this for granted, yet nobody appreciates how much effort was put into this, I mean, the hair on the characters are just simply beautiful, if anyone has just some minor cgi development abilities would know how difficult creating and making hair look real is no easy task), great music, and a solid storyline.

I'm satisfied with AC, one of my biggest laughs from the movie that felt so corny was *spoiler* when Cloud was being thrown up towards Bahamut...that looked like something that they took from Sailor Moon, or Power Rangers, I swear, it just felt downright corny, overall, I really liked FFVII AC, I would hope that there will be more cgi movies that are more than just from the FF series to come out, maybe a FF but something completely new, would be pretty neat imo.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

True Tir Mcdohl wrote:AC was good because it cleared alot of questions that was in FFVII, like one big one that was heatly debated back in FFVII was "Who was the Real Villain, Sephiroth or Jenova?"
I'm going to play devil's advocate because I disagree. Besides that one question (and this is the first time I've heard anyone wonder that) what were the other "lot of questions" it cleared up? I personally didn't think it cleared up much of anything.
FFVII AC put a conclusion, which was needed, I mean, in VII the ending, we where left with a feeling of "What happened to them?"
and what did happen to them? Can you describe what Barette and Cid's life is like now? We didn't really get any explanation about any of the characters besides Cloud and Tifa.

I'm glad AC happen, beautiful cgi ....great music, and a solid storyline.
It was beautiful CGI but that's all it was. It did not have a solid storyline at all. In fact the storyline was contrived and practically nonexistent. It was just an excuse to get into fight scenes.
I'm satisfied with AC, one of my biggest laughs from the movie that felt so corny was *spoiler* when Cloud was being thrown up towards Bahamut
Now that I agree with. That was the worst part of the movie and was ridiculous. It is mainly what I was referring to when I stated that AC had unrealistic physics.
Queens Knight

Post by Queens Knight »

I have to agree with Oppenheimer on this one, pretty much all of what he said i agree with...in fact i agree with what he said so much that there's really nothing for me to add...(damn you Oppenheimer) lol.

One thing i will add however is how you said...
FFVII AC put a conclusion, which was needed, I mean, in VII the ending, we where left with a feeling of "What happened to them?"
It really wasn't a conclusion to it at all, we didn't learn anything about any of the old characters, the end part of the movie didn't actually tell us anything more then the end part of the game did and i think it largely took away from the game as all of these characters who died just seemd to magically come back to life.

On a sidenote the one character they pretty much didn't bring back to life, Hojo, would have probally added a lot more depth and storyline to the movie as he was the one who pretty much started the whole Jenova/Sephiroth mess to begin with and pretty much manipulated everyone till he died.

...But on second thought if they did that they probally would have had to actually write out a plotline then just have a small amount of dialouge and then a pretty looking fight.

...lol, On another sidenote, now that i think about it, they were probally saving Hojo for the new Vincent game thats coming out.
Forgiver Sign

Post by Forgiver Sign »

Now that I agree with. That was the worst part of the movie and was ridiculous. It is mainly what I was referring to when I stated that AC had unrealistic physics.
Though I agree with everything you've said, Oppenheimer, I beg to disagree with this one. AC having unrealistic physics is not an issue to me, coz it's Final Fantasy anyway. Impossibilities don't exist in there.

AC has uber amazing CGI graphics, no doubt about that. But the storyline was just... crap. I expected more, but the movie failed me. :(
"Censure me in your wisdom, and awake your senses, that you may the better judge."
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

Forgiver Sign wrote:
Though I agree with everything you've said, Oppenheimer, I beg to disagree with this one. AC having unrealistic physics is not an issue to me, coz it's Final Fantasy anyway. Impossibilities don't exist in there.
That, I actually do agree with. Kind of like the martial arts movies with people running around and jumping off of buildings into the air. It's a fantasy movie, so things like that didn't bother me... the lack of storyline and TEH PRETTTY BISHIEZZ OMGLOLLORZZ fighting for like 24059079 hours did.
Purr.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Forgiver Sign wrote:AC having unrealistic physics is not an issue to me, coz it's Final Fantasy anyway. Impossibilities don't exist in there.
While it is indeed called Final Fantasy, impossibilities do exist in there. Just because it's fantasy, doesn't mean that they could pull anything out of nowhere.

Let's take Star Trek for example to compare with. Star Trek takes place in far far future, and their technology is definitely far ahead of our time right now. It's also a fantasy with the teleportation, etc. But that doesn't mean that suddenly Picard can walk on water.That doesn't mean that somehow Data can turn into a dragon. And so on. Even in fantasy movies, there has to be a certain level of sense in it.

AC failed in this part because it does too much and becomes unbelievable due to the inconsistencies. That hurts the movie because it is becoming a tad ridiculous.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Occam Arkitect

Post by Occam Arkitect »

I personally didn't think that was too much, how they managed to put the limits in this fantasy story is amazing IMO.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Occam Arkitect wrote:I personally didn't think that was too much, how they managed to put the limits in this fantasy story is amazing IMO.
Well, everyone is entitled to their "Humble Opinion" but many people give Final Fantasy too much slack just because it's a popular series that has done amazing things in the past. It doesn't mean they can "do no wrong" and I think they just got lazy in this movie. They can write amazing and deep plots, they've done it before, but here they didn't even bother because they knew they could make it flashy and that would satisfy people on its own, as is evidence from the praise it receives here and elsewhere.
Occam Arkitect

Post by Occam Arkitect »

Well, yeah... I believe that they can make some mistakes, but well..

I was just expecting stuff like Kamehameha's,etc. but there were no real "outlandish" parts in it in my book, so I think it's just right. :lol:
Forgiver Sign

Post by Forgiver Sign »

Red Killey wrote:AC failed in this part because it does too much and becomes unbelievable due to the inconsistencies. That hurts the movie because it is becoming a tad ridiculous.
Exactly. The fighting scenes were overly exaggerated that they brought down the storyline to near crap. It lacked depth, and the only thing that it was worth praising of is its stunning graphics. Square could have done better, but oh well. :(
"Censure me in your wisdom, and awake your senses, that you may the better judge."
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

Although the action is over the top, please cut Advent Children some slack. You have to remember it's based on a VIDEO GAME! There's alot more stupid things happening in other movies that are based in reality.

A good example could be the Transporter 2. C'mon, how am I supposed to believe that someone drive a car off a ramp, sending it into a perfect spiral, removing a bomb from the bottom of the car with a construction crain a second before it detonates, and landing the car undamaged (not to mention he had no knowledge of where the bomb was actually planted or when it was set to go off!) There are so many things in that movie that are beyond the realm of possibility, but nobody ever questions it. I couldn't stop laughing through the whole movie.

So what that Advent Children isn't realistic. It's Final Fantasy.
PSN: FreshMetal80
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I think everyone understands that this isn't reality, considering it's animated and all. What people don't like is how ridiculous some of the action scenes are. Just because this isn't reality doesn't mean people should be allowed to jump into space and cut random giant dragons in half, even though they couldn't do shoot to them earlier, on the super-boring ground (compared to ultra-cool space).
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alen

Post by Alen »

freshmetal wrote:Although the action is over the top, please cut Advent Children some slack. You have to remember it's based on a VIDEO GAME! There's alot more stupid things happening in other movies that are based in reality.
It's a bad movie in general. Why should it be "cut slack" just because it's based on a video game? A bad movie is a bad movie, regardless of the source material.

Though, the source material was pretty awful, too, so, I didn't expect much from the movie.