Final Fantasy 7 Advent children

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

I'm just saying that, given the subject matter, one should expect a level of ridiculiousness. It wasn't ever really meant to be "possible"
PSN: FreshMetal80
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Again, people understand this concept of "anything is possible." It's not the psychics, it's the aesthetics.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
Forgiver Sign

Post by Forgiver Sign »

freshmetal wrote:Although the action is over the top, please cut Advent Children some slack. You have to remember it's based on a VIDEO GAME! There's alot more stupid things happening in other movies that are based in reality.

A good example could be the Transporter 2. C'mon, how am I supposed to believe that someone drive a car off a ramp, sending it into a perfect spiral, removing a bomb from the bottom of the car with a construction crain a second before it detonates, and landing the car undamaged (not to mention he had no knowledge of where the bomb was actually planted or when it was set to go off!) There are so many things in that movie that are beyond the realm of possibility, but nobody ever questions it. I couldn't stop laughing through the whole movie.

So what that Advent Children isn't realistic. It's Final Fantasy.
Hang on, pal. You didn't seem to get my point.

We're not talking about the spectacular graphics/action scenes/whatnots, we're speaking of the story itself that made the movie bad. AC had an awful story, period.
Alen wrote:
freshmetal wrote:Although the action is over the top, please cut Advent Children some slack. You have to remember it's based on a VIDEO GAME! There's alot more stupid things happening in other movies that are based in reality.
It's a bad movie in general. Why should it be "cut slack" just because it's based on a video game? A bad movie is a bad movie, regardless of the source material.

Though, the source material was pretty awful, too, so, I didn't expect much from the movie.
This coming from a FF7 hater... Just kidding. :twisted:
"Censure me in your wisdom, and awake your senses, that you may the better judge."