Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Ellerkerm5

Post by Ellerkerm5 »

I guess I'll buy the new nintendo system first then.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Well, the E3 is almost there, hopefully we'll know something more about TP at the start of the E3. Anyway isn't the game finished already?
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

UPDATE!

LOS ANGELES--At its press conference on Tuesday, Nintendo will officially unveil its next-generation console, the Wii. It is expected that executives will demonstrate the console's full set of functionalities, which is known to include the now-famous "nunchaku" motion-sensing controller. The company will also likely reveal the official titles of previously announced first-party games, such as Super Smash Bros. and Metroid Prime 3, as well as possibly revealing some new Wii titles.

Today, though, some of Nintendo's press-conference thunder was stolen when the first copies of Time arrived on newsstands. The May 15 issue of the magazine has a lengthy article on the Wii, titled "A Game for All Ages," by technology correspondent Lev Grossman.

Grossman traveled to Nintendo's headquarters in Kyoto, Japan and was shown the Wii by legendary game designer Shigeru Miyamoto. The reporter was especially impressed with the Wii's controller. "It's part laser pointer and part motion sensor, so it knows where you're aiming it, when and how fast you move it, and how far it is from the TV screen," he said. "There's a strong whiff of voodoo about it."

More importantly for Nintendo fans, the Time article revealed several key pieces of information about Wii games. First, Grossman described playing The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess on the Wii. "Now I'm Errol Flynn, sword fighting with the controller, then aiming a bow and arrow, then using it as a fishing rod, reeling in a stubborn virtual fish," he said. While Nintendo confirmed the much-anticipated GameCube title would have some Wii functionality, this is the first official description of what that functionality is.

Time also revealed the existence of not one, but two previously unknown Wii games. First up was the first next-generation installment in the popular WarioWare series. While he didn't give a title for the game, Grossman did describe its gameplay in detail. "In one hot minute, I use the controller to swat a fly, do squat-thrusts as a weight lifter, turn a key in a lock, catch a fish, drive a car, sauté some vegetables, balance a broom on my outstretched hand, color in a circle, and fence with a foil," said Grossman. "And yes, dance the hula."

Besides discussing how the next Madden NFL game will play on the Wii, the reporter also describes playing an unnamed tennis game. "The controller becomes a racket, and I'm smacking forehands and stroking backhands," he said. "The sensors are fine enough that you can scoop under the ball to lob it, or slice it for spin. At the end, I don't so much put the controller down as have it pried from my hands."
From Gamespot. we should know more about TP by the end of the day.
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

Am I the only one who doesn't 'get' Zelda? I don't enjoy it at all. It's the same thing over and over again!
Purr.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Pollensalta wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't 'get' Zelda? I don't enjoy it at all. It's the same thing over and over again!
Thats true! But I like it anyway. I don't know why. I just do. Its fun. Eventhough its always move block A to switch B.
Waylander

Post by Waylander »

Pollensalta wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't 'get' Zelda? I don't enjoy it at all. It's the same thing over and over again!
I was in this boat until recently. I was never really hardcore about Zelda, but After Minish Cap and Wind Waker, I've been hooked. There is so much stuff to do. The depth in the game is just amazing to me. There is no real story to speak of, it's really rather Final Fantasy esque: Save that world from that bad guy type affair.

I didn’t get it either the first time I played Zelda, now I'm a nut for it.
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

Wraith wrote:
Thats true! But I like it anyway. I don't know why. I just do. Its fun. Eventhough its always move block A to switch B.
Pretty much. I don't know, I just like changing stories and things like that. I think Zelda would be a lot cooler for me if the storyline progressed, but (and correct me if I'm wrong) doesn't the same thing happen each time? Like, he meets Zelda for the first time and stuff like that, etc etc. There doesn't seem to be development.
Purr.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Pollensalta wrote: he meets Zelda for the first time and stuff like that, etc etc. There doesn't seem to be development.
There is an order maybe, but it's pretty messed up and not very clear:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend ... Chronology
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

Oppenheimer wrote:
Pollensalta wrote: he meets Zelda for the first time and stuff like that, etc etc. There doesn't seem to be development.
There is an order maybe, but it's pretty messed up and not very clear:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend ... Chronology
Haha, that made no sense to me, probably because I've only played one of the games (one of the earlier ones) and a bit of Ocarina of Time. That timeline boggled my mind (i.e. how the same thing with the same characters being the same ages can happen decades after each other...)
Purr.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

I'm still think that the only right timeline is OoT, MM, Oracle of ages, oracle of seasons, Wind waker. All the rest arn't cannon in my eyes.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Wraith wrote:I'm still think that the only right timeline is OoT, MM, Oracle of ages, oracle of seasons, Wind waker. All the rest arn't cannon in my eyes.
Link to the Past isn't cannon? Neither is the original or the sequel? They must be.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Oppenheimer wrote:
Wraith wrote:I'm still think that the only right timeline is OoT, MM, Oracle of ages, oracle of seasons, Wind waker. All the rest arn't cannon in my eyes.
Link to the Past isn't cannon? Neither is the original or the sequel? They must be.
I said in my eyes. I only regard the above list canon. Miyamoto may have made all zelda's to be canon but he hasn't released any info about it. Oh and Phantom hourglass after WW and Minish Cap as well I think. in other words I only think the game after Ocarina of Time are cannon.
Last edited by Wraith on Wed May 10, 2006 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Futagi

Post by Futagi »

I look at Zelda games the same way I look at anime OAVs that take the same characters and put them in different situations. Therefore, they're kind of like retellings of what could possibly be.
Hello Suikoden-type people:D
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

ocarina of time sort of started the whole timeline thing so I can see why wraith would disregard anything before that as not being part of the timeline

its my understanding that its always a different link,zelda,gannon and the triforce. The story keeps repeating itself with different settings,magic and backstory, ocarina of time, majora's mask and Windwaker were the first LOZ games that were actually connected
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

That's why I don't care for it. It's the same story repeated again and again. About the only game I can stand that with is Harvest Moon. <3 <3
Purr.