Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Raftrider

Post by Raftrider »

The ability to change into a wolf? That's a "Furry" fan's wetdream come true. -shudders- Freaks.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Nemesis wrote:welcome back Wraith! o yea, I think in the lil movie clip, the girl under the hood is links lil sis.. my guess
It has been confirmed that it is indeed Zelda underneath the cloak in a traditional Japanese funeral cloak. I'm wondering who the funeral is for. Her father?
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Night

Post by Night »

Oppenheimer wrote:Postponed is good. I'd much rather that than an unfinished product.
We just got our release schedules in at work. It says Zelda is now scheduled for a Quarter 4 release, probably to coincide with the launch of the Revolution (and thus hopefully prolong the life of the Cube). I can see the logic behind this, but I can't help but feel a little cheated as a fan that a game will be deliberately delayed, rather than still being finished.
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
Waylander

Post by Waylander »

Now that this game has been scheduled to launch so much closer to the debut of the Revolution, I am a little bit upset. I'm all in favor of taking the needed time to ensure it kicks massive ass, but now I feel like it should be made solely for the Revolution and take advantage of all the new hardware, not just one or two added features or mini games.

I'm sure the game's going to be great and quality is not the point but since it has been put off for three years why not restructure it for the Revolution? I know their promise to release it on the Gamecube, but that’s a dumb point at this stage to argue.

Also, this game has a great chance of being a system seller. What "Halo" is to the XBox or "GTA" for the PS2. It just doesn't seem right to tell people to try this game out on the new bright and shiny system when it will play just fine on the old one.

Anyone else thought about this?
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

When is the release date? I lost my subscription to NP for a couple months and I haven't gotten the next one yet.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Waylander

Post by Waylander »

I don't know that there is an official date, but vague one is fourth quarter 2006.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Now that this game has been scheduled to launch so much closer to the debut of the Revolution, I am a little bit upset. I'm all in favor of taking the needed time to ensure it kicks massive ass, but now I feel like it should be made solely for the Revolution and take advantage of all the new hardware, not just one or two added features or mini games
Twilight Princess will be a Gamecube game. However if you play TP on the revolution you will have acces to some new features.
amelia108

Post by amelia108 »

Waylander wrote:Now that this game has been scheduled to launch so much closer to the debut of the Revolution, I am a little bit upset. I'm all in favor of taking the needed time to ensure it kicks massive ass, but now I feel like it should be made solely for the Revolution and take advantage of all the new hardware, not just one or two added features or mini games.

I'm sure the game's going to be great and quality is not the point but since it has been put off for three years why not restructure it for the Revolution? I know their promise to release it on the Gamecube, but that’s a dumb point at this stage to argue.

Also, this game has a great chance of being a system seller. What "Halo" is to the XBox or "GTA" for the PS2. It just doesn't seem right to tell people to try this game out on the new bright and shiny system when it will play just fine on the old one.

Anyone else thought about this?
first of all, i don't want the new zelda on the revolution, but that said, you make many valid points and i agree with most of it. however, i don't have spare hundreds of dollars, so whether i get a revolution when it comes out or even within a year of its release is fairly questionable. the new zelda game i however want as soon as it is released. personally, i don't want to be forced to buy a revolution to play this game. i think this would be a selling point for the system, but also a big reason to get mad for gamecube owners. i wouldn't get mad myself, but some people take games a little more seriously than me... heh. literally though, the only reason for a lot of people i know to keep their gamecubes is for this game alone.

i like the idea though. play zelda once on your gamecube, then when and if you get a revolution, play it again.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Welll at least you don't have to worry about TP being a Rev exclusive. that won't happen thankfully. Apparently the features that you'll get when playing TP on the Rev(since the Rev is backwards compatible) has something to do with the controler. But the actual details are not revealed yet to my knowledge.
Waylander

Post by Waylander »

I think I am going to buy a revolution at launch, but not just for this game. 8 months till November and I can budget $50 a month, and be covered when it hits, however I may be painfully sober.

amelia108, I took know those way too serious types, as far as games are concerned, and they scare me. I feel bad for anyone holds onto a cube just for this game. They are missing out on a lot of other great stuff.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Also know that the Revolution will be extremely cheap in comparison to the other Next-Gen consoles. In fact it COULD even get as low as 100$.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

*Blatant Double Posting*

Anyone know anything about the release dates? Only the European one seems to be official(25 august apparently).
Ellerkerm5

Post by Ellerkerm5 »

How much does it cost me to buy all the next generation consoles?

Xbox 360,PS3 and the new nintendo system.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

nintendo's console will probably be about 200 bucks, ps3 and x box 360 consoles? ha ha...way more than 200...probably 4oo for 3 60{the less expensive version, not the best version} and around 500 for the ps3
Night

Post by Night »

Wraith wrote:*Blatant Double Posting*

Anyone know anything about the release dates? Only the European one seems to be official(25 august apparently).
Sorry dude. I think we're gonna be extremely lucky to see Zelda much more before Christmas in Europe, from what I've heard. August would be pretty unlikely :(
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away