A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
-McDohl-

Post by -McDohl- »

hola soy de argentina y me gusta mucho el suikoden,miren mi avatar no esta bueno

Cya
Kasumi

Post by Kasumi »

Just one question : I took this avatar from the Suikosource database, I will not use it in other forums (my nicknames are different elsewhere) but I don't think you'll mind if I use your image in your board... or do you ? If so then I'l change.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Hi Kasumi. Thanks for asking.
Hotlinking of avatars from sites that aren't yours (especially Suikosource) is not allowed.
So you'd best remove that avatar and find another one from another site and save it to a photobucket, before the administrators brand you a bandwidth thief.
Kasumi

Post by Kasumi »

Thanks for the answer, Oppenheimer.

I created almost the same image by using a screenshot and shelters it on my own. I hope it's ok now, otherwise please tell me.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Looks good! Thanks for respecting the rules.
Kasumi

Post by Kasumi »

You're welcome ! I will always respect these rules, as I moderate myself other forums and I become crazy when no-ones attemp to respect them. :wink:
Arenegeth

Post by Arenegeth »

Erm, perhaps I didn't understand exactly but there seems to be some confusion here.

You CAN use images in Suikosource for avatars and what not, you CAN'T hotlink them because you steal the bandwidth.

So if you see some picture on Suikosource that you would like to use as avatars save them to your computer and upload them on Photobucket or a similar site.

I don't know but from the conversation above it kind of seemed to me that you think that you can't use images FROM this site, no the key is not to link them directly because of the reason above, I'm not sure about resident artists artwork though.

EDIT: There is also a topic about it down below, I wonder why you people think that you couldn't, those pictures have nothing to do with Suikosource past the scans, emulators whatever was their source, if I scan the Suikoden IV artwork or take images from a Suikogaiden on the net I can't force anyone not to take and use those pictures because there are not mine but Konami's, and as far as I know the rule on the internet is that you can use whatever copyrighted images you want as avatars or signatures, unless they are altered then you should give credit to the creator of a sig for instance, but I'm not sure of any legal implications, I never heard of such a case in a court. :lol:
”I am ye who walks his own path and thus I walk alone”
~Arenegeth~
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Kasumi had hotlinked one of Suiksource's pages. That was the only issue I had.
Arenegeth

Post by Arenegeth »

I wasn't directing to you personally Oppenheimer but in general in relation to what Kasumi was saying, I always wondered why some people hotlink images from Suikosource I mean that Bandwidth thief at the first page was the first thing I noticed when I first visited the site back in 2003 long time before I joined the forums, I didn't even knew what it meant back then but of course I found out when I joined the forums, is just I'm surprised that people don't notice it.
”I am ye who walks his own path and thus I walk alone”
~Arenegeth~
mukumuku-chan

Post by mukumuku-chan »

HOW 2 PUT PIC IN THE AVATAR.IS IT IN THE SIGNATURE COLUMN.NOT VERY GOOD WITH COMPUTER.JUST LEARN HOW 2 NETSURFING.WHERE IS THIS AVATAR SETTING? I'VE ALREADY REGISTER AT IMAGESHACK & PHOTOBUCKET & HAVE PICS IN MY ALBUM, BUT DON'T KNOW HOW 2 USE THEM. TQ 4 ANSWERING MY QUESTION. (-_-) :?
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

The easiest way is to go into your account in photobucket and go all the way into the image. You know you're there if the only thing on the screen is a picture of your image. Then copy the html from the "Address" bar at the top of your screen. Once you have that line copied go to your "Profile" in suikosource forums and go to the "link to off-site Avatar" text line. Paste the html into there. Then hit "submit" and it should appear in your profile.
Eao

Post by Eao »

Arenegeth wrote:
EDIT: There is also a topic about it down below, I wonder why you people think that you couldn't, those pictures have nothing to do with Suikosource past the scans, emulators whatever was their source:
I'll say it here again, I made a banner for somone and they told me they didn't use it for some bandwith or "it came from suikosource" reason.
so they were not allowed to. or so i was led to belive.
the best thing about the internet is that they can't see you pick your nose
suikofan111

Post by suikofan111 »

can someone plz get me a avatar of yuber? the pic of him from suikoden 1? he is one of my favourite characters! i dont know how 2 put an avatar up...so can sum1 get me that pic and tell me how?? thankyou.
suikoden rulz =D
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

suikofan111 wrote:can someone plz get me a avatar of yuber? the pic of him from suikoden 1? he is one of my favourite characters! i dont know how 2 put an avatar up...so can sum1 get me that pic and tell me how?? thankyou.
Well, first of all, welcome to the Suikosource forums.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/Mu ... /Yuber.gif

There's the URL. Now copy that. Go to "Profile" at the top right hand side of the page and wheree it says off-site link to avatar, paste the URL in that space and then press "Submit" at the bottom. You should now have your avatar.

Edit: Feel free to ask me for any other images. You can even make your own Photobucket account. (http://photobucket.com)
suikofan111

Post by suikofan111 »

thankyou for the warm welcoming!!! and also, thanx 4 the avatar! it works great! i love it, and it was so simple to put on, thanks true wind bearer!!!
suikoden rulz =D