Hi, Introduce Yourself

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
TMan

Re: Hi, Introduce Yourself

Post by TMan »

Lament indeed. I had always hoped they'd make it to 20 some titles and then release one in which all the stars from the series are together
Dreams do die
Ellxeevanity

Post by Ellxeevanity »

Hello everyone, I'm Gaily and I'm from the Philippines. ^_^ New here but I've been a lurker for quite some time now. I loved Suikoden ever since I was 13! (I'm 23 now).

Anyway, my favorite Suiko characters are:
S1 - Cleo, Crowley, Valeria, Viktor, Viki
S2 - Miklotov, Humphrey, Viktor, Luc, Sierra, Killey, Viki, Pesmerga
S3 - Sasarai, Juan, Bright, Viki, Nash
S4 - Ted, Kika, Viki
S5 - Zerase, Georg, Richard, Jeane, Viki
STactics - Kika, Jeane

Well... nice to meet you all. :3
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Ellxeevanity wrote:Hello everyone, I'm Gaily and I'm from the Philippines. ^_^ New here but I've been a lurker for quite some time now. I loved Suikoden ever since I was 13! (I'm 23 now).

Anyway, my favorite Suiko characters are:
S1 - Cleo, Crowley, Valeria, Viktor, Viki
S2 - Miklotov, Humphrey, Viktor, Luc, Sierra, Killey, Viki, Pesmerga
S3 - Sasarai, Juan, Bright, Viki, Nash
S4 - Ted, Kika, Viki
S5 - Zerase, Georg, Richard, Jeane, Viki
STactics - Kika, Jeane

Well... nice to meet you all. :3
Good choices!

There's not a lot of activity on the forums these days, but feel free to start new topics any way. Never know, might get the ball rolling again.
Angra

Post by Angra »

Evening Ladies and Gentlemen.
I am Raphael from Texas.

Been a fan of Suikoden for 8 years now, ever since I bought Suikoden 4 for my 14th birthday.
Since then I've also played Suikoden 1,2, and 5 and while I may be in the minority here Suikoden 4 is may favorite in the series.

Ironically none of my friends share my interest of RPGs, much less JRPGs, so I'm looking forward to meeting and conversing with people with this shared interest.

now enough formalities! on to Suikoden talk! haha
Noraibah
Banned User
Location: Kuala Lumpur[ Kota Kinabalu, Sabah ],Wilayah Perseketuan,Malaysia

Post by Noraibah »

I am very pleased to meet you, Mister Raphael. Welcome to the Suikosouce Forums. I hope that you will enjoy yourself here. May 'gothe' bless you and keep you safe from enemy disturbances.Thank you for your attention.
I love this forum............to death.I think dying is normal.Just ignore me!
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Hey Angra!

Haha, nice, we have a similar Suikoden backstory, even though I played II before, IV re-introduced me to the series and I like it because of that. I think I started disliking the game when I entered the Suikoden community :D (the same happened with Xenoblade Chronicles...)
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

Hi, Angra :)

I like IV a lot as well. Nice to see it getting some positive attention from someone lol... I love III the most, though. You should try to scare up a copy of that one since you're in the States.

Anyway, welcome to Suikosource.
Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 - Break the ICE
Pesmerga2013

Post by Pesmerga2013 »

Hi, I'm matt from Wiltshire, England,

I am admittedly newish to the suikoden series but i think it is the best series in terms or RPG's , above even Final Fantasy.

I played suikoden 1 when i was about 10-13 from a rental shop but never had a memory card so could never save and as such, didnt get very far lol

Got a cheap copy about 3 years back and completed it, with the help of a memory card, and proceeded to play but not yet complete 4 and 5.

Would love to play 3 but it wasn't released over here and getting a hold of a copy of 2 will set you back £100 easily.

Favourite characters generally:

Pesmerga
Zerase
Jeane
Pahn
Ernst
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Yeah, it's a shame that II is so expensive. Maybe you'd like to join our movement to get the game on PSN and other digital distribution platforms: https://www.facebook.com/SuikodenRevival

You should definitely complete V!
Pesmerga2013

Post by Pesmerga2013 »

I am not far from the end on 5, just before taking back sol falena, I have got to the last dungeon before but had top start over as i found i had missed some good characters.

Think its just so rare, I still hold hope i will walk into a lowly game shop and see it for 99p as they don't realise its true value! needless to say that hasn't happened lol

I will defo join that! By the way , is there a way i can play suiko 3 without a NTSC ps2? I would really like to play it :(
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Well, you can mod your PS2, but I'm not sure if many shops still do it.

Well, you still could have played through V and then start over - the game has different endings depending on how many characters you recruited and after you complete a game, you can start a New Game + and transfer a lot of your good equipment, Potch etc.
dudeabides

Post by dudeabides »

Hi my real name's Ryan I've bought all the Suikoden games since the original and only wish there were more.
Souleater2847

Post by Souleater2847 »

Hi my name is Mel. From the south side of Chicago. Suikoden is a great series...find myself humming the tunes all time. BRING IT BACK!!!! MORE SOULEATER!!!!
saintdork

Post by saintdork »

Hello, I'm Adje from Indonesia! I've been visiting this forum for a long time but wasn't registered until today ^^;

I played Suikoden (exactly SII) when I was 9 years old, but it was Suikoden IV which got me into the fandom. Thanks to Suikoden I found a hobby and made good online friends.
Jocky

Post by Jocky »

Hi Adje, good to meet you!
I agree, Suikoden is one of those games that, when someone has no idea what you are talking about it just gets brushed to the side for another topic thats more suitable but, when you're chatting away on a anime site and you mention it and someone goes, "Hey I play Suikoden, it's totally awesome, right?!" you feel like you've just made a friend for life because of your shared interest in this most brilliant series!!
Suikoden first came to my attention when the demo disc of SII came with, Vandal Hearts 2 I think, and I've gotta say I was hooked from then! I think I was 8ish when I got it and I'm 31 now, and I still play them on regular occasions.
I'm a third of the way through 3 just now after starting from 1 again. :)