Hi, Introduce Yourself

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
BrucePrintscreen

Re: Hi, Introduce Yourself

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

Hello everyone,
Ages ago I was a young guy whose little bro had a Playstation. I played little videogames myself (apart from the LucasArts classic adventures game on the computer) but I remembered how, when I was even younger, I had so much fun playing Secret of Mana with two friends. So when I learnt there were more of such games on the Playstation, I played them. And I loved Suikoden and Suikoden II, they definitely were a great experience.
So now I'm older and I have a child, and I bought a second-hand PS2 so I can play some videogames with my child. And I decided to put my hands on all the Suikodens game so we can play them together.
Nice to meet you :)
TheeBlight

Post by TheeBlight »

My name is Gus I first played Suikoden in December of 1996 or early 1997 (I was 4 so I don't really remember). I still replay Suikoden 1 and 2 every year and I speedrun Suikoden 1. The reason I rented this game originally is because of this longbox display they had for the game at my local blockbuster it looked really cool and I can't find an image of it anywhere but it had artwork similar to the North American Suikoden disc.

Anyways I've been meaning to join this website since 2005 but I guess better late than never. Even though it's much less active than it use to be.
Jocky

Post by Jocky »

Hey Bruce, Gus nice to meet ya! :)
I've played and loved Suikoden for years and years now and it brings a tear to my eyes to still see people signing up after all this time. :P
And yeah this forum has been going for a fair few years now but there's always someone rattling about somewhere, so post up and I guaranteed someone will reply within 24 hrs at the v.most!
Catch you all soon!
riika430

Post by riika430 »

yo jocky, bruce, gus and everyone! :D nice to meet ya guys
i've been played suikoden 1-5 and i really think suikoden need more recognition :( personally i love the 5th one, the way sialeeds want to protect her nephew from godwin until she died and how arshtat sacrifice everything for the sol-falena .
Winterswhite

Post by Winterswhite »

Hello everyone! ^^ I've just recently been introduced to the series but I very quickly grew to love it when I first looked at Suikoden II. There was so many things I loved about the game. The story, the 108 stars of destiny and the runes were one of the most interesting things to me. I checked out the others and loved them too. It's really hard to decide on a favorite between III, V, and II. I'm just a bit disappointed I got into the series in 2013 where there's not many people willing to talk about it anymore. :(
Jocky

Post by Jocky »

Welcome to you both riika and winter!! Well unfortunately its been a few years since we've had a mainstream game from Konami but I find that the presence here at Suikosource is a steady 1! So jump in and make a few post and I'm sure that someone, like myself or Raww or Pyriel wont be far away. Happy New Year to you as well!! :)
NashLatkje

Post by NashLatkje »

HI Justin
Finally decided to join the forums
Playing S3 at the moment
"Adults have their reasons. You children who see the world in black and white will learn soon enough about shades of grey."
Jocky

Post by Jocky »

Hey Justin. Welcome to the Suikosource Forums! I hope we can be of some help if you need anything. There's usually someone kicking about so get posting and we'll speak to you again soon! :)
NashLatkje

Post by NashLatkje »

Thanks! It's pretty quite around here but sure am glad to be a member.
"Adults have their reasons. You children who see the world in black and white will learn soon enough about shades of grey."
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

Of course it's pretty quiet, we're in the middle of Suikoden games drought. It has been going on for almost nine years. A little bit longer, this forum could be dead.
I've came with an army who loves death like Yours loves live.
Glitch

Post by Glitch »

Hi all,

I go by the nickname Glitch, forced upon me by my friends because I always seem to find strange glitches in games that I play, whether intentional or not. Usually the latter. I'm returning to college after having to take a medical leave when a disc slipped in my neck and pinched a nerve (most painful thing ever!). Surgery corrected it and it was like flipping a switch, the pain was gone, but once you drop out, or take a leave in my case, it's hard to want to go back sometimes. So after a year and a half break I'll be studying computer information systems this spring semester. It's going to be an overload with 15 credits this semester and 18 credits next semester. I'm sure this will eat into my video game time considerably. This is OK though. I'm not buying any new games, I have so many on Steam that I bought or got in a bundle that I've never played. I just hope to finish up Suikoden 2 again for the 4th or 5th time since it was first released in America.

Other than that, my hobbies include photography (I won an award for one photo, had another printed on the cover of a magazine, and had three licensed by Microsoft for use in their windows enhancement or whatever they call it these days. :D ) I also enjoy geocaching, hiking, reading, and my Netflix addiction.

I live in the far northeast corner of New York State. It's currently -15 degrees outside, perfect weather to stay indoors and play more games.

Post by 727 »

I've returned stronger, smarter, a new man, and slightly more machine.

I was the proprietor of one of the biggest threads in this site's history. Whether good or bad, the results were interesting and an amazing learning experience.

I believe in the metamorphosis of life and I've used my time away to hone my craft as a writer. I'm creating my newest work to give back to the community. I have bigger projects in the novel department, but I feel like I have unfinished business.
A brand new Suikoden game with a well-written script!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Suikorok ... ?ref=br_tf
ABackdatedFuture

Post by ABackdatedFuture »

I probably should have stopped by long ago here, but hey, better late than never!

As some of you know, I'm Johnathan -- also known as A Backdated Future. I've written a couple of the walkthroughs here on the site (Suikoden I & II), as well as many others on GameFAQs.com.

That's... pretty much all there is to me, hehe. Other than I'm a huge Suikoden fan, and have been for over a decade now.
Cong Phat

Post by Cong Phat »

Hi everyone! Let me introduce myself too!^^

I'm Phan Thể Công Phát :lol: - newest Vietnamese Member of this Forum(may be or may be not^^). I came from Phan Thiet Town of Binh Thuan Province in Vietnam. I have played Suikoden since I'm 15 and I'm still continue playing it now (now I'm 21, I was born in 1992). Sadly SK I and II are the first and only two Suikoden games I could play. I felt like those two are the best RPG in the world but 3,4,5...meh I couldn't stand against them. My favorite character in Suikoden I is...Tir Mcdohl of course! and Suikoden II is Nanami Genkaku(Heh heh I love her, those two took 50% reason of me for repeating SK I & II over and over again=))). I'm studying in Professional English Department in UPT (University of Phan Thiet) and I will graduate by the end of this month. I'm glad to know all of you. Hello suikosource - Xin Chào suikosource! :mrgreen:
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

Welcome :D for some reasons all my friends have been visiting Vietnam recently, I should come here too at some point!