Star Wars VII The Force Awakens *SPOILERS*

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
sticky-runes

Star Wars VII The Force Awakens *SPOILERS*

Postby sticky-runes » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:51 am

Anyone seen it yet?

What did you think of it?

Are you a big fan of Star Wars?

I was a Star Wars geek in my teens, but then I started getting into other things (like Suikoden) and realised i was more into fantasy than sci-fi.

So anyway, I watched the new film last night and there were parts I did like and parts I didn't like.

I don't think they should have brought back the old actors playing their characters from the original movies, I would have been quite happy not knowing what became of them after Return of the Jedi (maybe just keep Luke in the story and leave everyone else out of it)

The story seems kind of lazy as they are basically retelling the same story from the original trilogy, just with a new generation of characters.

And the new characters aren't all that interesting, with the exception of the spinning little robot. The villains suck. Even the prequels had some decent bad guys.

So yeah, it was a decent sci-fi adventure, capable of appealing to sci-fi fans and non-sci-fi fans alike, but it wasn't really enough to reawaken my interest in Star Wars. I'm not exactly wetting myself for the next film.

wataru14
Guide Writer

Re: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens *SPOILERS*

Postby wataru14 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:48 pm

I loved it. It was everything I hoped it would be. The only things I didn't like were Kylo Ren (aka Darth Emo) and tgat I had no idea what the political situation was. But as a whole it made me feel like the originals did.

Neclord X

Postby Neclord X » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:13 am

I'm quite a SW fan. Loved the movie Yes, its new hope 2.0 but eh, at least is entertaining and things happen. There is new races, new likeable characters.

The only thing I didn't like about the movie was the villain, not the villain itself, he was fine conceptually, its just his face, guy who portrays Kylo is plain as fark, when he removed the mask it was like "WOW its nothing!"

sticky-runes

Postby sticky-runes » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:21 am

He was a right ugly cunt with that nose.

And we really needed some more information on the politics.

ENDmyinitials

Postby ENDmyinitials » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:05 pm

I am a big star wars fan but honestly the movie was awesome. Kilo Run was a great villain cause he was not one dimensional. I do agree that the story seemed like a rehash of episode 4 in a way, but at the same time it was different. I cannot wait for episode 8!

AlOnZo

Postby AlOnZo » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:56 am

The worst part of the entire film was the fellow Glaswegian proclaiming that "there are two fugitives on board this ship." This is what happens when you try to contain and smooth out the rugged splendour of our accent! :lol:

Suppose it's something different having a villain (Kylo) that is very unsure of himself. In the trailers I certainly thought he was going to be a total badass. I look forward to them fleshing his character out, a lot more to come from him I reckon.

sticky-runes

Postby sticky-runes » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:59 am

Just watched Rogue One and thought it was amazing. In fact I'd even go so far as to say it's my favourite Star Wars movie of the lot. So yeah, Force Awakens is the worst and Rogue One is the best! :mrgreen:

Return to “General Discussion”