Beware of fake suikosource page in facebook

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Antimatzist

Re: Beware of fake suikosource page in facebook

Post by Antimatzist »

Zeah, I love how @active@ the communitz still is with a lot of projects (the Suikogaiden translations, Card Stories, Pzriels bug fixes...). I also never got the logic how a RPG Maker fangame would resurrect the series. I would love to play a good one, but instead of focussing what the games are about, they just try to find a base for their bad writing <_<

Our basic goal with SRM was to reestablish a fandom / Konami connection and to bring it to the attention of new fans and so far, we quite succeeded. Even though, without these PSN announcements, I would have become a bit desperate to be honest :D A fandom can onlz live with new input, without these we will run drz after some time...
KnightOfTruth

Post by KnightOfTruth »

Yeah, we really need some new lifeblood -- hopefully the PSN re-releases will bring some more traffic to these parts and some more people who can add to the chorus we've been chanting about "more Suikoden".

I remember wanting to create a "Suikoden" game when I was younger, even had a lot of it pre-drafted in storyboard form and had spent considerable time creating pixel art for it, but I never had the time to do much with it. As a competent writer, programmer, and gaming enthusiast I thought for sure I'd have what it took to see it through to the end, but I ended up dropping the Suikoden realm/lore as I just didn't feel it would do it justice and proceeded to make it my own RPG (which subsequently was "accidentally" thrown out by my wife and deleted with a PC wipe before I knew it was all gone).

If Konami DOES pull out of the gaming business and our Plan B's and C's don't work in terms of getting any sort of licensing for it, kickstarter, or co-opting it, or whatever else is in the background - I guess the next step would be for a dedicated and committed team from here and SRM to create "Sweekodan VI" and avoid any copyright issues ;)
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Topic released.
While the fake page is still online, it seems abandoned.