Beware of fake suikosource page in facebook

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Vextor
Global Admin

Beware of fake suikosource page in facebook

Post by Vextor »

Howdy, just letting everyone know there is a fake "suikosource" page and account in facebook, run by a foul-mouthed 13 year-old Indonesian boy who is craving attention. Attempts to dissuade him from being... well, stupid... has failed.

Feel free to pay him a visit if you would like--

https://www.facebook.com/suikodenthelegend?fref=nf
sticky-runes

Re: Beware of fake suikosource page in facebook

Post by sticky-runes »

I reported the uncultured little cunt.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

I Am from Indonesia but it wasn't me
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

It's the Suikoden 2.5 guy, he has put some screenshots of his game on the timeline and he mentions he's working on it.

Off topic: is the Suikoden series especially popular in Indonesia? Because there seem to be a lot of Indonesian fans of the game.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Yes, pretty much anyone who plays video games knows about it back on my school days
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Initially some people thought it was the suikoden 2.5 guy, but this guy is someone else actually.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

On the one hand I think it's an intentional provocation, but on the other hand this fake page has absolutely nothing to offer that is of value for people who seek information on Suikoden gameplay, story etc. Such people would end up on this site here anyway. So there's nothing to worry about imo.
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
BrucePrintscreen

gildedtalon wrote:Yes, pretty much anyone who plays video games knows about it back on my school days
I love Indonesia already :D I should come visit someday.
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

Suikoden is especially popular in Indonesia, almost everyone who into videogame know Suikoden.
I've came with an army who loves death like Yours loves live.
dragons_descent4

Post by dragons_descent4 »

speaking of the suikoden 2.5 guy...he found me on twitter.
At first I thought it was that brat from facebook that's trying to get attention...but I don't think it is.
"Now we can fight to our hearts' content."
"Too bad I have to fight with you."
- Viktor and Flik

Into dark humor? Check out my upcoming webseries!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Morb ... 1697490455
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

Well, it looks like he changed the name of the page to SuikoHeadquarters or something.

Which I guess is fine with me, at least he is not pretending to be an official Suikosource thing anymore and he is not pretending to be an SRM admin or something like some other people have ha!

BTW, Hi everyone!

EditL nevermind, it still Says Suikosource on the browser tab.
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

Also, you guys are not alone:

We did have one person back in late 2012 early 2013 claiming to have "Written Suikoden VI," and who claimed to be an admin of the SRM. . . it was a bit creepy.

And even now a different person is using Rafael's Rune of Revival for their own Suikoden fan game, again titled Suikoden VI.

https://www.facebook.com/rydwha?fref=nf
BrucePrintscreen

They're everywhere aren't they? I heard "making your own suikoden game" was a cliché of the RPGMaker community. The nature of Suikoden's disappearance makes all of us prone to fantasise about writing our own Suikoden game but, thankfullly, only a few have the ego to try. And even less have the talent to do it right.

Congrats to the SRM guys, who not only were wise enough to venture into making their own games, but also acheived something realistic.
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

Ha. Thanks. We knew when we started the SRM that we would have to prove to Konami that Suikoden can function on Konami's own terms. That is, it can be profitable. We have some pretty high goals, but we are not idiots, and we know that we need concrete methods to achieve them. Really, I just can't thank everyone enough for the whole thing. We didn't do this by ourselves, everyone chipped in, especially the Suikosource community, in as much as we can delineate between the two, as we actually all met here on these forums.
BrucePrintscreen

You're welcome, Rooks. In a way, your project proves the point that Suikoden attracts the right kind of fans. All of us here arefans int he sense that we spend far too much time overexploring a 20 year old game, and in the meantime you barely ever see the kind of retardedness you could witness in the typical fanbase. In a way, the Suikoden fanbase is like the opposite of the Sonic fanbase: for us, the pretentious and untalented morron who thinks he's going to single-handedly resurrect the series with his poorly written sequel is the exception and we can even point them out, whereas the idiot brandishing a Sonic recolor as an original character with its own series of comics is pretty much the standart. Now that's two extremes but you get my point. That makes dedicating time to Suikosource or SRM a far better experience.