I joined this site 7 years ago. Memories.....

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Makonuchi

I joined this site 7 years ago. Memories.....

Post by Makonuchi »

I don't know what I'm doing with this thread, but I just realized it's been almost 8 years since I joined this site. I know my join date suggest otherwise, but truth be told I left this site when Suikox got fairly active. I wasn't too active but I still have vivid memories of the past. I remember when Suikoden 5 was released, Suikox, Suikousrouce was at it's peak of activity. We use to play Role playing games then. Back In SuikoX I remember being super active posting in game like threads. I really missed those days.

Angelus, Archy, Ikano, Edge Riou, Eden, Edge Riou, Cutie bunnie, Elc, Annais, and the rest of my Falenan brothers/sisters. Back in Suikox Moderators Vextor, Elc, Chris lightfellow. Man even posters like Animatarizt who I know posted under a different username in Suikox if i remember correctly etc..Man I don't think i'd ever forget those usernames. Suikox, Suikosource and there was even DueFuimi..these were the very first forum I signed up on. I was 14 then, innocent and really nothing to worry about.

It warms my heart that moderators like Vextor for instance, still post and try to keep this site going considering the circumstances. Man back In falena ( Suikox) we'd have no trouble filling a thread up into 10 pages easy. Now you'd have to wait days, maybe even weeks to even get a reply.

I know a very Silly thread. And I know how insignificant it is for many of you, but I feel like the community was a huge influence during my teenage years. When I first started posting then, My English was worse than a Second grader. I tried my best to post as clearly as I can with my broken English. I remember reading things, like what is a paragraph, opening up my dictionary just so that I could understand what most of you are posting. Man, was it a blessing. I moved with my relatives a couple years back in Canada and I doubt i would have easily adopted if not for you guys.

I know this is getting overly emo, and maybe no one ends up reading this...But this community will always have a place in my heart :oops: ...Love you Guys.

I'm not drunk serious.
Neclord X

Re: I joined this site 7 years ago. Memories.....

Post by Neclord X »

I don't know how much fórums about a game which last statement was seven years ago are still active but...probably aren't much. There are lot of fórums out there dead when their subject games only appeared around two years ago.
Makonuchi

Post by Makonuchi »

Neclord X wrote:I don't know how much fórums about a game which last statement was seven years ago are still active but...probably aren't much. There are lot of fórums out there dead when their subject games only appeared around two years ago.
You'd see a post here and there with suikosource but check out suikox. Can't believe that site is still on. It's virtually dead. gotta hand it to the owners, paying that monthly fee for domain and server means money.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

It's actually cheap because activity is low. When activity was high, it cost about 20 times more every month, which means Suikox used to be extremely busy on a daily basis.
Makonuchi

Post by Makonuchi »

I had no idea. But I'm assuming owner purchased a dedicated server then, so he's still probably paying monthly fees regardless. I mean that's still money.
Zhuge Liang

Post by Zhuge Liang »

Suikosource is a great internet experience of my teenage years too. I don't recognize the people now, but in the past, especially in S2 era, it's really big and respected community. I got the chance to communicate about things I love with other people with same interest from other part of the world. Many people with good knowledge here. People here that I still remember are like Blue Moon, ShiroFan, RedKilley, Ayemelek, KFCrispy, Lane, Lone Fencer, etc. There's one guy called Van Houten (?), he's quite good guy. There's also another mod/admin named Julie (?), she's nice and knowledgable too, forget her username. There're other memorable guys too, but I just can't remember them one by one, it's been very long time.

This is the first time I visited this place again after long time. I don't even know when the last time I posted anything here. Good to see this place is still running though the popularity of this series is waning. And I'm thankful the admin for keeping my account here too. :wink:
Zhuge Liang
Prime Minister of Shu-Han
TMan

Post by TMan »

Man I wish I could have been a part of this forum at its height. A whole world of Suikoheads. Sigh...
Dreams do die
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Most users ever online was 193 on 10.12.05
Unthinkable in this day and age.

As long as people are playing these games, want to share their experiences and have fun writing some guides like me, the spirit of Suikoden lives on :)
Jocky

Post by Jocky »

Celes wrote:As long as people are playing these games, want to share their experiences and have fun writing some guides like me, the spirit of Suikoden lives on :)
Here, here! I have been on and off this site for years, and although I forgot my original username & password after a 4 year absence, its nice to see this site is still up and running and that there are people here that still post on a daily basis! I for 1 love this site and no matter how many times I put my Suikoden games aside and then brush them off again after a 6 month hiatus, this is the FIRST site I come to as soon as that Suikoden disc is put in to load. Keep up the awesome work guys. I know I speak for a lot of people when I say that the work you do is VERY much appreciated!! Cheers.
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

But how long the community will last before it dies out with no new game? 8 years since the last main/true Suikoden game released.
I've came with an army who loves death like Yours loves live.
Jocky

Post by Jocky »

You are correct, it has been ages since the last TRUE suikoden game was released, but even so, I have faith that although the Suikoden Series has had a waning fanbase of late because of the lack of a major title that if we of us who are die hard Suikoden fans stick together and cause enough ruckus like the SRM is hoping to achieve on December 10th then Konami will HAVE to realise that of ALL the games they have ever made, Suikoden was the 1 that cemented their grip on the gaming platform! Because even AFTER an 8 year absence of a main title you still have fans that keep websites devoted to it up and running, fans that play their games every few months even after they've bought and completed the newest Call of Duty or Assassin's Creed, and fans that still dress up as Riou, Nanami & Jowy to attend this years Comicon etc...
I for 1 have a special place in my heart for Suikoden which will never change, here's hoping that by keeping the faith we will be rewarded sooner or later! :)
PesmergaUK

Post by PesmergaUK »

I joined this site/forum around 13 years ago (when Suikosource used Ezboards!) I still venture here every now and then and I to, have met some good people over the years, fair too many to many to mention.

I remember you Zhuge!
So He Returns.....
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

I still visit once week or so to see if there are any interesting questions can answer.
YubersNightRune

Post by YubersNightRune »

"Last visit was: Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:16 pm"

I just logged after that long. This website brings waves of great nostalgia to me. I'm both happy and sad to be here at the same time. I never posted much, nor was I really super active. I mostly just read conversations, browsed, etc. It's been so long. I see some of the names from people who have either moved on or passed away and it brings back memories of what this place used to be.

I hope that there's a day when this website will return to life and that the Suikoden franchise will reinvigorate itself and return at full force once again. I know it's a long shot, and that the main team was more or less disassembled, but one can only hope.

I don't know what else to say. I hope this website is around for a long time to come. Whether or not it is around the next time, I'll cherish the memory of what it was.

Thank you everyone.
http://www.BodyBuilding.com Is all that you need!
Fu Su Lu

Post by Fu Su Lu »

This was my very first forum about suikoden. I remember the happier days when there was a new game to come and all the speculation about it. Man, we complained a lot if we had no news about a new game in a year period :lol: And look at the current situation.
Ok this place brings me nice memories: tight rules (not a critic), badass mods (after so many years I guess I can make a little joke), a rich and live community about (still havent changed my mind) one of the best series ever, and then and then from tiem to time some of the most stupid discussions I have ever seen on the web (for example about main charecters) :lol:

Thanks Suikosource! :D