Hideo Kojima should help produce Suikoden VI!

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Noraibah
Banned User
Location: Kuala Lumpur[ Kota Kinabalu, Sabah ],Wilayah Perseketuan,Malaysia

Hideo Kojima should help produce Suikoden VI!

Post by Noraibah »

The topic explains itself perfectly. Just say thy opinion.
I love this forum............to death.I think dying is normal.Just ignore me!
Antimatzist

Re: Hideo Kojima should help produce Suikoden VI!

Post by Antimatzist »

Well, what's your opinion?

He should not. My opinion would be that Konami should stop relying on his stuff so much, they have some great IPs that they simply don't use anymore which is a shame.
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

Noraibah, has a point though. It seems like the only way to get Konami to take interest in their own IPs is to have Hideo Kojima attached to it. I'm not saying that I WANT Kojima to make a Suikoden game necessarily, just that Konami doesn't care about anything unless Kojima does.
PSN: FreshMetal80
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

I'd rather not have Suikoden game with a convoluted plot for sake of being convoluted.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

freshmetal wrote:Noraibah, has a point though. It seems like the only way to get Konami to take interest in their own IPs is to have Hideo Kojima attached to it. I'm not saying that I WANT Kojima to make a Suikoden game necessarily, just that Konami doesn't care about anything unless Kojima does.
Yep, that's what I meant as well. I mean, look at this year's E3: Castlevania, MGS, PES and DDR. That's Konami at the moment. And it's not even my oldschool Castlevania...
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

I'd like for him to oversee the QA process of a Suikoden game to help ensure that the gameplay and user experience is polished, robust, and well balanced. Keep him the hell away from story and the script.
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

Well, Kojima has about as much to do with Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 as Kojima's goldfish. . . He is head of development, and sometimes an executive producer, but aside from Metal Gear and Zone of the Enders, he has little input into the finished products of most Konami games. Also, since the departure of Tomm Hulett, Silent Hill has reverted to his control, so his priority outside of MGSv, FOX engine, and ZoE would be to hire someone to take over that series.

That said, Kojima is not a big fan of RPGs, so I highly doubt that he would have any substantial input on a new Suikoden. More like he would just hire the best team he could find to make a new game, and might be listed as an executive producer.
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

Rooks wrote:That said, Kojima is not a big fan of RPGs, so I highly doubt that he would have any substantial input on a new Suikoden. More like he would just hire the best team he could find to make a new game, and might be listed as an executive producer.
I'll take that. It's more than any Konami exec has done in nearly a decade.
PSN: FreshMetal80
Noraibah
Banned User
Location: Kuala Lumpur[ Kota Kinabalu, Sabah ],Wilayah Perseketuan,Malaysia

Post by Noraibah »

Hm..... Actually I'm thinking of having an interview with him once I complete college.
So it's actually quite in the distant future.
I love this forum............to death.I think dying is normal.Just ignore me!