Have you ever pissed off with a video game?

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
User avatar
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator
Posts: 1741
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:18 pm

Have you ever pissed off with a video game?

Postby Sasarai10 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:01 pm

Recently,i stopped playing Suikoden,just for a change of pace...so i decided to play some other games...the most recent was Crash Bash,which really pissed me off.
This game after some point gets ULTRA-hard (when you start to collect the Platinum Relics,if someone knows)...at some point,after losing multiple times to the same stage,i took out my copy from my console,and threw it away,from my balcony!!!! But after 1 hour or so,i went downstairs to throw away my trash...and the disc was there at the street,so i decided to pick it up and give it another chance.Surprisingly,it wasn't damaged. That was about a week ago....but today,i really went bananas,after losing multiple times...and this time i just cracked my copy with my own 2 hands!!! I feel so relieved now! :twisted:

What about you?

User avatar
gildedtalon
Posts: 1335
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:15 am

Re: Have you ever pissed off with a video game?

Postby gildedtalon » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:08 pm

OMG , you WHAT? Crash Bash is my top favourite of the Crash Bandicoot games by far. The best part is you can play with others and compete, I love this part

BUY A NEW ONE, DAMMIT! It's your duty to get a new copy :evil:
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account

User avatar
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator
Posts: 1741
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Have you ever pissed off with a video game?

Postby Sasarai10 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:17 pm

gildedtalon wrote:OMG , you WHAT? Crash Bash is my top favourite of the Crash Bandicoot games by far. The best part is you can play with others and compete, I love this part

BUY A NEW ONE, DAMMIT! It's your duty to get a new copy :evil:



I didn't delete my save file though,because some day i may play it again.

But seriously the creators should make this game easier...after all it's supposed to be "3+"..especially those stages with the balls,where you have to defend your goal are something else... :x :x :x

User avatar
gildedtalon
Posts: 1335
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:15 am

Re: Have you ever pissed off with a video game?

Postby gildedtalon » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:28 pm

Btw, try playing Spiderman games, you'll love it at least for the first half of the game
Do you play Tekken? Onimusha series? Try them if you haven't
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account

User avatar
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator
Posts: 1741
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Have you ever pissed off with a video game?

Postby Sasarai10 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:35 pm

gildedtalon wrote:Btw, try playing Spiderman games, you'll love it at least for the first half of the game
Do you play Tekken? Onimusha series? Try them if you haven't


I had the first 2 spiderman games in PSX...they were great!
Also i had Tekken 2,3 and 4....3 was by far the best from the series...i'm gonna play it again some day.

PS: Zamza's weapon in S2 is called Tekken...have you ever noticed that? I guess Zamza's fire fists was inspired by Paul from Tekken.. :lol:

User avatar
gildedtalon
Posts: 1335
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:15 am

Re: Have you ever pissed off with a video game?

Postby gildedtalon » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:43 pm

Everytime I hear the name Heihachi, I'm always reminded of Tekken :mrgreen:
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account

User avatar
gildedtalon
Posts: 1335
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:15 am

Re: Have you ever pissed off with a video game?

Postby gildedtalon » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:30 pm

http://youtu.be/dSUJA3sNJMU

http://youtu.be/JnrQ75Tm5YA

http://youtu.be/fZgL3u7TmKs

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... JUQQGIP2bV

Hahaha, let me see how you play next time :) I'm really noob but I really enjoy this game

Okay, 2 cups, 2 green, 2 purple. I will play the third place tomorrow :D

Yeah, I didn't record Polar Panic coz it was too easy, I think
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account

User avatar
Neclord X
Posts: 344
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:08 pm

Re: Have you ever pissed off with a video game?

Postby Neclord X » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:15 am

Well, never actually thrown it but lot of times in my gamer lifetime I was abot throwing the pad agaisnt the TV.

Some example I remember clearly was P3, after grinding 10 floors suddenly surprise attack and maragi x 4 two turns in a row. It's super effective! Mamudons at least could be avoided with homunculous but if you had equiped a fire.weak persona when a magicians group made a surprise attack...

Or lately in Skyrem, have to repeat the last 3 hours of gameplay because a stupid bug.

User avatar
sticky-runes
Posts: 1852
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:29 pm

Re: Have you ever pissed off with a video game?

Postby sticky-runes » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:21 am

Of all the times I've been pissed off with a game, I've NEVER physically damaged the game or part of the console. Why damage something that has cost me money? I might have attacked the instruction manual and screwed it up out of frustration, but that's about it.

The God of War games pissed me off. I've only played 1 and 2 and the two PSP titles. The PSP games seemed easy and pleasant enough, but the first one? F#ck me. So many parts where if you mess up, you DIE and have to start again. It's not like a Zelda game or something where if you mess up and fall, you just start back at the door again, in GOW, you actually die and have to reload, which sucks ass. The reason it pisses me off is because you spend most of the game hacking and slashing monsters into little pieces and upgrading your weapons and god powers which makes killing things even more fun, but then they give us some stupid puzzle where you have to use timed jumps and all this nonsense. I really can't be arsed, ok? Sure, puzzles can be fun, but if I've just spent the last half hour slicing through enemies, I'm really not in the mood to deal with timed jumps and spike traps. It gives me the biggest mood swings.

And any game with QUICK TIME EVENTS. I can't stand these. Why do so many games have to have them now days? Gameplay is great. Cut scenes are great. But merging the two into one just pisses me right off. I'm being distracted by a fancy animation, when I'm supposed to be looking out for what button to press. F#ck off. GOW2, when you're fighting Zeus - yeah, great, this bloody epic battle, but I'm watching the same scene 30 times because I haven't got the button combination right. And they change the combination every time you reload as well! OK, I'll be ready this time, I just have to hit R1 and ... WHAT? I'm supposed to hit X now? F#*K.

Just do what games did in the old days - let us play through the level, then sit back and watch the movie scene.

Rant over.

User avatar
gildedtalon
Posts: 1335
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:15 am

Re: Have you ever pissed off with a video game?

Postby gildedtalon » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:50 am

Then the game is not for you, like Monster Hunter, I just accept that I will never be any good at that game. It's so hard, your weapons can break, so many enemies, so many things in the surroundings that make it so hard to see the enemies and lots of enemies seem to have a rush attack that can't be avoided unless you position yourself just right every single time. They also like to come in packs and can also run away.
Run away and heal to FULL HP. Seriously, what the hell game, why do you have to do that? The game is really hard even without it

That's probably the hardest action game I've played so far, I'll probably never touch it again

Go try it for yourself and see the depths of hell. I stand no chance whatsoever at that game that I simply have to give up. I've tried my best and it's hardly enough. I probably only have 10% of the skills required to be a good hunter :oops:
Never has a game been so hardcore as this. Btw the item menu is also real time making it that much worse to maneuver in battle
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account

User avatar
sticky-runes
Posts: 1852
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:29 pm

Re: Have you ever pissed off with a video game?

Postby sticky-runes » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:24 am

Neclord X wrote:
Or lately in Skyrem, have to repeat the last 3 hours of gameplay because a stupid bug.


what pisses me off about Skyrim is with that 1.9 patch they've fixed a bunch of glitches that can be used to cheat at the game, but there are still loads of bugs that have not been fixed. I get quests that haven't cleared from my journal, even though I've completed them and earned the reward for doing so. Which means I get a cluttered quest journal full of finished and unfinished quests. OK, it's a never ending game, I accept that, but it's annoying having this list of things to do, half of which I have done, it kills my sense of accomplishment. It just feels messy and incomplete. They should at least give us a delete quest option, especially since a lot of quests get added automatically and I don't actually want my character to do them.

User avatar
freshmetal
Posts: 360
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:21 pm
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: Have you ever pissed off with a video game?

Postby freshmetal » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:57 am

Various games piss me off on a regular basis, but I've never resorted to damaging or destroying a game because of it.

Actually, I once rage-destroyed a PS3 controller after an AWFUL online match of Resistance 2 (damn Wraith-whores!), but it was justifiable because the controller was an original Sixaxis and was already damaged (from natural wear and tear), so I took out my frustrations on the busted controller and upgraded to a new Dualshock 3.
PSN: FreshMetal80

User avatar
Belle
Posts: 314
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2004 7:49 pm
Contact:

Re: Have you ever pissed off with a video game?

Postby Belle » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:55 pm

Sasarai10 wrote:
gildedtalon wrote:OMG , you WHAT? Crash Bash is my top favourite of the Crash Bandicoot games by far. The best part is you can play with others and compete, I love this part

BUY A NEW ONE, DAMMIT! It's your duty to get a new copy :evil:



I didn't delete my save file though,because some day i may play it again.

But seriously the creators should make this game easier...after all it's supposed to be "3+"..especially those stages with the balls,where you have to defend your goal are something else... :x :x :x


I disagree. Please don't buy a new copy if this kind of game frustrates you this much. In the event it becomes a rare game, you just might deprive someone who really wants to play it.

Next time a game pisses you off that much, put it back in its case and drop it off at your local Gamestop. Or open up an eBay account and start the bidding.

User avatar
gildedtalon
Posts: 1335
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:15 am

Re: Have you ever pissed off with a video game?

Postby gildedtalon » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:44 pm

Btw I really hate the fact that I can't find Star Ocean: Till the End of Time in my local gameshop, I'm so dying to play it again to complete all the battle trophies in the game
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account

User avatar
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator
Posts: 1741
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Have you ever pissed off with a video game?

Postby Sasarai10 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:57 am

Today i was just a little before breaking up another disc...it was Crash Team Racing ([email protected]#$% Naughty Dog)...and now i want to have all my relics platinum. Meanwhile i was listening to a CD,and i swore that if i don't get the platinum relic until the CD stops,i will break up the disc...fortunately,i manage to get it in time...otherwise..goodbye CTR. :twisted:


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests