How reliable is buying things online?

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
gildedtalon

How reliable is buying things online?

Post by gildedtalon »

Like, have they ever disappointed you? If so, what happened?

I got this idea from the gamefaqs poll

Have you ever ordered food from a restaurant for delivery online?

Yes, I order delivery online all the time
Yes, I've ordered pizza online at least once
Yes, I've ordered something other than pizza at least once
No, I've ordered other things online, but not food
No, I never buy anything online at all

So, does it really work? If they mess up, you wouldn't get to eat anything at all. So hungry :oops:
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Hirathien

Re: How reliable is buying things online?

Post by Hirathien »

Here in Sweden it works like a charm. If something's up you got a receipt so they can't go like "Ya you never ordered anything, pal!!"

It's all about having some faith in your fellow men.
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

I've almost never had any problems ordering anything online. I've ordered food/pizza online a few times with no problem and have purchased things from online retailers SEVERAL times.

I think the only negative experience I've had with an online purchase was when I tried to replace a severely damaged Suikoden V disc with a copy purchased on ebay. It was listed in "good" condition and played fine up until the Sacred Games and froze on a cutscene. I gave my PS3 a hardy slap that corrected the freeze, but then it froze again much later during the cutscene of the Queen's death. I never could get that disc to get past that cutscene, and ultimately replaced THAT disc with a third copy purchased from a local used game shop.

Other than that, I've purchase everything from furniture to electronics online with no problems.
PSN: FreshMetal80
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

Ordering pizza online isn't any different than ordering over the phone when you think about it. As long as you feel you can trust the business you're ordering from then you shouldn't have any problems.
Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 - Break the ICE
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

I would rather just pick up the phone.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I'd rather use the phone for ordering pizza or Chinese Takeaway. Never tried it online before.

I have tried using Graze online - it's this service that lets you customize your own lunchbox on their website, so you choose what sort of snacks you want to receive, and they send it to your doorstep. Never had any problems with the service, but I stopped because it was kind of annoying, having food through the letter box twice a week.

As for other stuff, I'm quite trusting towards the websites. I've ordered products from games and books and DVDs to stationary and fancy dress items. If I need the item urgently, I'll use the express option, which is normally the most expensive, but the item has always arrived on time. If it's a second hand item that I'm buying from someone through the website, then I'll be taking my chances with the delivery time and quality, as I can't always guarantee it will arrive as soon as I'd like and in the desired condition, but I've never really had any bad experiences.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

I used to like ordering Swiss Chalet online. But, their website gives me error messages whenever I try and order from our local place now so I have to call. That's computers for you.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

Well I don't buy food online but I don't call for it either, I don't order pizza or chinese food, when I feel like wanting some of that I go to a restaurant.

For other things I buy online and for me online buying is VERY relliable. Until now never had problems, and when the delivering did't arrive (thing that happened one or twice) seller refound me my money.

It is pretty save as long as you buy on serious sources/shops and distrust of bargains. I mean never will understand why some people "buys" a 3000 € camera for 350 € never recive it then they say "fark Online shopping, they stole my money".