Small Anime recommendation (Magi)

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Neclord X

Small Anime recommendation (Magi)

Post by Neclord X »

Well, I've been watching this anime (among other as always :lol: ) and I just thought into opening a thread for it. This forum proved itself not very much interested in anime. But I think in this case is worth of it, since is one of the best High Fantasy anime that I saw in the last years (And belive me I watched A LOT) and it has lot of elements that I'm pretty sure would enjoy Suikoden fans (war, politics, economics, different cultures and fashions). Also the visual style is not your average generic medieval fantasy anime since it take place in an arabian-like countries.

You should give it a chance.

Magi, Labyrinth of Maic

COVER: http://i.imgur.com/9HchsIh.jpg
Plot Summary:In a fantastic middle-age world where slavery is very common, there are mysterious tall towers named "Dungeon" which mysteriously appeared out of nowhere fourteen years before the story line. Someone who conquers a Dungeon becomes very powerful and wealthy. Our hero Ali Baba is a teenager who works for merchants to support himself. He dreams for conquering a lot of Dungeons and becoming a very rich person. One day, he comes across with a strange young boy named Aladdin who carries a mystical flute with supernatural powers in it. Ali Baba and Aladdin agree to travel their first Dungeon together. (ANN)
Hirathien

Re: Small Anime recommendation (Magi)

Post by Hirathien »

It looks a bit like Japanese Aladdin..
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Does it take place in a whole new world?
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

Hirathien wrote:It looks a bit like Japanese Aladdin..
One of the main characters is Aladdin, another is Sinbad, but doesn't really have much to do with original tales, just take the names.
sticky-runes wrote:Does it take place in a whole new world?
what do you mean?