Champions

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Aerolithe Lion

Champions

Post by Aerolithe Lion »

Congratulations to any other MLB fans on the Suikosource board for a great season, but we are number 1!
Xelinis

Re: Champions

Post by Xelinis »

The city has officially descended into chaos. I keep looking out my window to make sure nothing's on fire.

Other than that, @#$% YEA!
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

I have no idea what we're celebrating, but congratulations!
dragons_descent4

Post by dragons_descent4 »

The San Francisco Giants won the world series in a sweep last night,the city was insane. Nothing but fireworks,car horns honking and helicopters all night long.
It made for a quiet day at work though...go giants!
"Now we can fight to our hearts' content."
"Too bad I have to fight with you."
- Viktor and Flik

Into dark humor? Check out my upcoming webseries!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Morb ... 1697490455
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

dragons_descent4 wrote:The San Francisco Giants won the world series in a sweep last night,the city was insane. Nothing but fireworks,car horns honking and helicopters all night long.
Don't forget the street-fires, overturned vehicles, and some incredibly amusing police scanner reports.
Roshambeaux

Post by Roshambeaux »

I'm an avid baseball fan but I didn't have any rooting interest during the World Series, but the individual storylines in the Giants team was very amazing. What a run for them! I heard the number of attendees for the celebration was 1.3 million! That's insane even for a well known metropolitan city such as San Francisco.
A raw tomato for the win!
dragons_descent4

Xelinis wrote:
dragons_descent4 wrote:The San Francisco Giants won the world series in a sweep last night,the city was insane. Nothing but fireworks,car horns honking and helicopters all night long.
Don't forget the street-fires, overturned vehicles, and some incredibly amusing police scanner reports.
And all the shenanigans that went down at the parade on Wednesday...I was walking up Market after the fact and this guy handed me an unopened can of beer to celebrate. It was almost hilarious.
- Viktor and Flik

Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

dragons_descent4 wrote:
Xelinis wrote:
And all the shenanigans that went down at the parade on Wednesday...I was walking up Market after the fact and this guy handed me an unopened can of beer to celebrate. It was almost hilarious.
I wish I was there for that. :-/

I commute to the South Bay for work; I always wind up missing fun stuff like that.
Roshambeaux

Post by Roshambeaux »

My friend just sent me a video of the parade and ceremony and I must say that it was an absolute bedlam. I was laughing when Jon Miller and Dave Fleming were dancing to the Gangnam Style dance. I have the MLB package IHeart Radio, and I believe they are the best broadcasters in the league along with Kruk and Kuip of course.
Aerolithe Lion

Post by Aerolithe Lion »

I think I'm one of the few that really liked Joe Morgan, but I agree Jon Miller is the best in the biz. Pretty much why ESPN hired him for their national broadcasts whenever the Giants had a day off, and he did that for a number of years... though I haven't seen him on it recently.
dragons_descent4

Xelinis wrote: I wish I was there for that. :-/

I commute to the South Bay for work; I always wind up missing fun stuff like that.
With the way they've been playing,there will be a next time soon I'm sure :-)
I usually miss fun things like this because of work,but I work in the city so I get to deal with the pregame insanity or the drunken aftermath of every crazy event this city has.
- Viktor and Flik

Roshambeaux

Post by Roshambeaux »

This is a must watch video for all you SF Giants fans http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0sE5EJK ... e=youtu.be
It's a music video made by a local artist.