Entertaining Yourself At Crap Jobs

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
ttfii

Entertaining Yourself At Crap Jobs

Post by ttfii »

So, I'm working at some crappy place for the summer while I'm waiting for my next semester of college. I'm pretty anti-social most of the time so I have to keep my mind occupied while doing mundane, repetitive tasks. Anyone else have to do this? If so, how do you keep your mind occupied?

Tonight I went through Suikoden, Suikoden II, Final Fantasy VI, and Chrono Trigger in my head. All in super fastforward. I kept getting sidetracked but would resume where I left off. After doing all four games about three times, I noticed an hour had went by. An hour in factory time is a blessing.
Lemmy Claypool

Re: Entertaining Yourself At Crap Jobs

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

I have a customer based job and more often than not find myself with long gaps of nothing to do between customers. I spend a lot of that time glued to my phone, which is a pretty big deal for me cos I usually hate phones. That's how boring my job gets, I would rather spend time doing something I hate.
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

I don't have a lot of down time, unfortunately. Managers will seek people out and give them busy work so I don't have a chance to really do much else. It also doesn't help that I'm a supervisor and have to set a good example. If I do get a spare moment though, I usually check messages and such.
Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 - Break the ICE
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

When I'm working I don't have the time to do anything but work. Manual labor at it's best!
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

I just listen to podcasts. Most of them comedy or tech related, which either entertain or inform/teach me.
Formerly known as: Gothann
mackevin06

Post by mackevin06 »

I work overnight and there's always bad music playing, so I like to loudly sing the songs extremely off key and occasionally alter the words.
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

It's like that at my job too. We're usually forced to listen to the Bland for the entire 10 hours. Sometimes it'll be switched to Soultown which most of us hate more. Boss's logic is that the customers like those stations. This isn't true. A select few like them but most get just as tired of that crap as the employees.
Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 - Break the ICE