Funding Suikoden

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Vaizer

Funding Suikoden

Post by Vaizer »

Hey all,

So i've said this in another thread but to get more light on this I'd post it here. Crowdfunding is an option set on the table to try and convince konami to make a new edition to suikoden. However, to jump start a new option how about we start funding it ourselves? Well-- not ourselves per say.

http://www.indiegogo.com/

This site is vastly known for being a donation site. We can also have a direct paypal account for those that don't trust it.

The idea is simple:
1.) Get as many suikosource members to donate (preferably $10 to $50 each)
2.) Pass onto Affiliate sites to do the same
3.) Facebook page creation for advertisement
4.) share and pass on through game forums
5.) media attention

I mean, I've sifted through heaps of fanart here, and it is easily on-par with hired talent. I think we can do it, but I don't have enough say or my stripes here. So who else thinks this might be plausible?

-V
Ellyos

Re: Funding Suikoden

Post by Ellyos »

I think you haven't understood the purpose of crowdfunding topic.
We were just talking and asking who could be interested by crowdfunding. If the idea get consistency, then yes, we could start to consider to send a suggestion to Konami in that sense.
But the process, by itself, must be initiated by Konami, not us. That's completely useless to gather money if they don't need/want to.
It's like forcing them to make a Suikoden... They will just say a big "No".

Moreover, that's not secure at all. I can trust a pool of donation managed by a company like Konami, but not by random people...

Then, one Suikoden has just been released... I think we have time before another Suikoden project.

And to finish, for me, the content of your post is too suspicious...
Vaizer

Post by Vaizer »

I apologize if it's suspicious. I didn't mean to come off as such. I do see the error, but I wasn't speculating or condoning a crowdfunding. I was merely stating that has been brought to the table in a previous thread. However, I was merely voicing an option and my opinion and that is why at the close of my post I said what I did. I don't have any say, nor my stripes on these forums to make such a claim. Ending it on a question for others to chime in on.

I've seen many projects bear fruit from being funded the way I said. If the company doesn't WANT to make a game then it's up to someone or some people to negotiate and entice them into a deal that would make them re-think that decision. I've seen it numerous times in company biddings and more so in anything related to budgets and funding proposals.

Again, I don't have any say or credit to claim anything. So once more, what do you think?

-V
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

Of course you can try what you want, but don't expect us to pay out of some words. You join today and ask for potch the very same day, with no post related to gameplay, just some post with money concerned, we don't even know if you are a suikoden fan or you have ever played this game before. Sorry pal, but you appear just like a random forum spammer to me.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »