The Water Margin [2011 TV Series]

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Trigon

The Water Margin [2011 TV Series]

Post by Trigon »

Vextor
Global Admin

Re: The Water Margin [2011 TV Series]

Post by Vextor »

Wow, that was awesome. It might make little sense to people who haven't read the original though.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

cool, i still haven't read the original. i once ordered the book All Men Are Brothers on amazon and it never came.. couple years later i saw it was still on back-order lol. there are several titles to look for including Outlaws of the Marsh and Water Margin.

i didn't realize there have been movies/shows for this show as well... i see on amazon that there's a 1972/1973 2.5 hour movie.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

cool, i still haven't read the original.
I have the original book. I tried reading it once. Gave up halfway through the first volume.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:
cool, i still haven't read the original.
I have the original book. I tried reading it once. Gave up halfway through the first volume.
I read it all the way and can understand you just too good. There are way to many characters to remember, the story is sometimes so boring and, well... but somehow it was sometimes really amusing and hm. It is something you read once and then never again.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I'm sure it was a real page-turner back in its day (old school China), but it didn't captivate this modern Western reader.

A few characters like Sagacious Lu are interesting, but otherwise it's just endless dialogue and descriptions. Even though the book is written in a fictional manner (follows a single person and his adventures, superhuman cast members, etc.) it seems like more of a history book than anything else. Perhaps the label of "historical superhuman fiction" fits here. Or perhaps not, as I just made that term up.