Converting emulator memory cards (.bin and .ps2)

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Shinyo

Converting emulator memory cards (.bin and .ps2)

Post by Shinyo »

Hey guys, I just finished Suikoden 1+2, got all the 108 stars and the perfect endings, and powered up my characters aswell!
Now I am going to play Suikoden 3 (for the very first time, btw, I already played 1+2 a few times :D) and I got a problem:
I am playing on a PS1 emulator on my PC (just because my S2 copy is broken, and it's a lot better to play it with an emulator because of savestates, boost button, etc :D) and for Suikoden 3 I need a PS2 emulator, of course.. but the memory cards on PS1 are .bin files and the ones on the PS2 are .ps2 files.. I already tried using the .bin instead, but it didn't work (which I actually expected.. but you never know until you try, right? :P).

tl;dr: My question is: Is there a way to convert .bin files to .ps2? And if so, then how can I do it?
If not, then I guess I will need a memory card file for the emulator where there is a S2 save so I can start a new game and load the data (of course it has to be a "perfect" playthrough :D), so if you have this, or if you know where to get it, that would be a great help, too.
Check out my blog for random fun stuff and reviews!