Dune

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Dune

Post by KFCrispy »

i'm reading Dune (about 1/3 through) and find it pretty interesting. a lot of political intrigue, mysteries, "powers", and stuff about destiny/legends. i'm not too much a fan of the destiny/legends part but i guess that helps the politics and mystery aspects.. i don't know if they have a game based on it, but it reminds of the Suikoden stories.
27x4=108

Re: Dune

Post by 27x4=108 »

i will try to not spoil so much:

The first book is the better, if you want to read the second, you need to read the third for sure ( for me the second and third are almost one ).

The fourth is a continuation, but so far in time, and the fifth and sixth are one story.

There are more of the son of Herbert, they are ok, but the original ones are better.
Sorry for my very bad english! :S
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

I've only seen the movie and the longer TV movie, but always found the whole plot and characters intriguing.
Iesous

Post by Iesous »

I have the book and the movie. It seems to me that it's one of those early sci-fi staples that should be read at least some time in life.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

by the way, the main character's family is the Atreides family :)
Eroschilles

Post by Eroschilles »

Yeah, I always did really like that series. I highly recommend the entire series. I like the ties to Greek mythology via the Atreides clan. Though I suppose that makes them related to Jowy too. :)