Anime Vs. America

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Zhang Qi
Banned User

Anime Vs. America

Post by Zhang Qi »

Which would you rather save in a cataclysm that hit the U.S.A., your anime collection or would you join the volunteer effort to help save your nation? Which is more important to American anime fans, the native land and culture they were born into or the products of a foreign nation, A.K.A. Japanese Anime? Which is more important to anime fans anyway, Anime, Video Games, Movies, Your Life, Friends, Family, or America?
Hirathien

Re: Anime Vs. America

Post by Hirathien »

Well, since i'm not American i'd say Friends and Family over everything on the list, Videogames, movies and anime cant replace a living being.
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

I'm not american. I don't quite understand why your questions is directed at people who are. I think anyone who would save material possessions over a life, especially friends or family, really need their head looked at.

But you'd save what you can I suppose. If you had the option to save your stuff from a 'cataclysm', then I'm sure you would... I suck at hypothetical speculation, there are too many variables involved I think.
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
Palmguy

Post by Palmguy »

Well, first of all, I am not American either, so unless there is a huge difference into the value of life and animated video between an American and a Canadian, I think my point of view is as good as any.
Secondly, who would go "I don't care if thousands of people die, I'm not giving my Inu Yasha collection away"? That'd be pretty stupid. And then again, how would giving your DVD's away save people from a catholicism? I don't seem to be able to figure that
However, I'll admit that I am pretty damn lazy and I wouldn't go help people that I don't know. If they are pure stranger, I doubt I'll do anything to help them other than maybe send some money. If they are friends and family, however, I'd do everything I could to help them.
Finally, why do you feel the need to specify that it's a "Product of a foreign nation"? You make it sounds as if it would be worth more if it was American and not Japanese. Maybe I'm just misunderstanding, but that's how I see it.