Haven't been here in awhile...

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Eve

Haven't been here in awhile...

Post by Eve »

and couldn't reset my password due to not having the email address on file anymore. I used to go by Fi (http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/membe ... ile&u=1266). Some of you may remember me, some of you may not. I used to hang out here a lot (though I don't have much posting history, as I recall either the boards being moved or some kind of upgrade that caused re-registration to be needed) and talk to quite a few of you on AIM way back when. My myspace is here: http://www.myspace.com/f1j1 if pictures would jog your memory.

But that's beside the point. What brought me here tonight was to post this:

I had the text for quite sometime and was going to have the soul eater top just touch the words and the run cradle the left side but the tattoo artist drew up an idea, and I liked it quite a bit. Unfortunately I don't have a better picture but he nailed the shading using this photo:

only changing the bright white to yellow, the yellow to orange, and the orange to a medium red.

And before anyone mentions "omg how will you get a job", I am a sole proprietor, and an independent model on the side. I don't really answer to anyone but me ;). This is my little nod to geekdom and a game that has kept me enthralled in the story for almost 10 years :)
thcrock
Global Admin

Re: Haven't been here in awhile...

Post by thcrock »

I especially like how he managed to make it look like the text was put on afterwards.

Also, even if you did need to interview for a job, you could always wear long sleeves :)
Blutiger Engel

Post by Blutiger Engel »

Very cool, Eve! I'm fairly new so I have no idea who you were, but I like you already.
Eve

Post by Eve »

I especially like how he managed to make it look like the text was put on afterwards.
I was really happy with that myself. He touched up the lettering first, did the outline of the new part, and then the colouring. I want one other suiko tattoo (True Wind Rune, no idea where I want to put it) and then I think that's it for ink altogether.
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

That's actually pretty neat.
And I'm not usually a fan of tattoos but I really like that.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Eve

Post by Eve »

I only had the text before, as I'm not really a tattoo person either. And I really don't know what possessed it, but it was either sing karaoke or get the Soul Eater on my arm and incorporate it into my current tattoo.

Just for reference, this was the before:

the day I got it last year.
Mikalakatov

Post by Mikalakatov »

that's pretty awesome! I want to get the Soul Eater on my hand though, where it should be ^^ but that's only when I have a stable job where it does not matter where I get a tattoo