What triggers your desire to replay the suikoden games?

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
eldrasidar

Re: What triggers your desire to replay the suikoden games?

Post by eldrasidar »

I like going back and trying random personal challenges, usually testing outrageous theories and what not, usually consisting of unusual combinations of character/equipment/rune, just to see if I can get them to work, or to test out some random gameplay element(I spent a lot of time getting Yojimbo's Zanmato move to work in FFX). I've probably spent the most time doing this in suikoden 3, since i've owned it the longest, but i've messed around a bunch with 4 and 5. i only just bought and beat 1 and 2 over the summer, so i haven't spent much time with either.
TrueWater00

Post by TrueWater00 »

This is one of the Many reasons i play suikoden. the replay value. so far i have played through suikoden 13 times. suikoden 2 13 times ( because i always have to play through 1 first before i play through 2. suikoden 3, 3 times, suikoden 4, 5 times, and suikoden 5 ,2 times. This may sound crazy but the way i play suikoden is i pick the characters in my game the way that i keep people around in my real life at the moment. So i have different characters every time i play so it is a different challenge every time i play, plus its always fun to try out new characters, and how they work together as a team! :)
Heh,I'll make sure you can never make that grin again.I'll chop you up!Ground you up!Dry you in the sun!Break you to pieces!Bury you in the ground!Piss on you!Then i'll dig you up!Pull you!Stretch you!Drag you around!I'll Never Forgive You-Viktor
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Michael Easton wrote:Nostalgia.

Yup, generaly. Usualy the music brings this on. Or sometimes when I pass my old school - those where the days where Suikoden obsession reigned supreme lol
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

The thing that triggers me to replay Suikoden games are.... the characters =) Just want to see them grow again, like I did when I first played it.
Nick Bruiser
Matthew McDohl

Post by Matthew McDohl »

I have all the suikoden music on my phone. Listening to that kind of has an effect on me, especially Neclords theme!

However, I like to replay them again mainly for the stories. They just reel you in and are so much fun!
MAD 01-08-2004