What triggers your desire to replay the suikoden games?

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Kagiya

What triggers your desire to replay the suikoden games?

Post by Kagiya »

Music is the main thing that cues up my desire to replay the games. Today I started watching the 2nd (episode 00) season of Spice and Wolf (anime). The episode starts with this music that reminds me of a celtic suikoden town theme. Well this is partly because the music composer for this series has done some of the arrangements for the suikoden celtic music cds, which I do listen to occasionally. So when I hear this similar music, it hits my suikoden trigger.
How about you?
Blutiger Engel

Re: What triggers your desire to replay the suikoden games?

Post by Blutiger Engel »

I have a lot of video game music on my ipod (I'm a nerd) and upon listening to a song from any game I get the urge to play it. Last year I heard an FFIX song at a friend's and had to replay it. The biggest offender for me is Suikoden, though. Every time I hear the Neclord battle theme from II I get nostalgic :)
XIII

Post by XIII »

Mine would be listening to the soundtrack or watching gameplay videos of any rpg's. For some reason it would just hit my Suikoden trigger and makes me wanna replay the series from 1 - 5 lol
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

The story is usually the main thing. If I love the story, then I'm going to want to replay certain scenes just to see it unfold again. When means replaying so I can see the events leading up to that particular moment and finishing the game so I can see the aftermath of that moment.

Also, if there is a variety of things I can do differently, I'd definitely replay it. I always find myself thinking "Hmmm, what would have happened if I did [this] instead of [that]"

Final Fantasy X is famous for this. I love moments in the game, the sending dance she does at that port town, the encounter with sin on that high road, her marriage -- the desire of seeing those moments again makes me want to replay it. Of course I could always watch the videos online, but it's never the same as getting there yourself.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Blutiger Engel

Post by Blutiger Engel »

Yep, watching videos online (or watching a friend play) just isn't the same. I attributed that to the control freak in me, but it seems I'm not alone :)
I listened to a few Chrono Cross songs and now I'm about to replay that game for the 8th time. I also popped in my Suikoden V disk just to check something in the castle, and now I feel like I need to replay that! Hearing the music and running around the castle made me want to relive the whole game; beating the final boss again from that save just won't do!
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

The available free time necessary to play through any of the games. Last summer I played through all five numbered games, along with Suikoden Tactics, but I haven't touched the series since. That's probably why I haven't posted much lately.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Music, yes definitely. And the interest to try new characters for my party(which is always a fail since I always end up using the same characters I used in all playthroughs in the past :lol: ). Music basically triggers the nostalgia particularly for SII.
BTW, Tierkreis is a new game but its music is superb.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Noraibah
Banned User
Location: Kuala Lumpur[ Kota Kinabalu, Sabah ],Wilayah Perseketuan,Malaysia

Post by Noraibah »

Well,since I am an East Asian boy I usually replay the games because I want to get every character there is that is in the Suiko den world and that we are all kind of like stuff and 'collectables' maniacs.That is why every Suiko game has tons of characters that are beyond belief and actual fantasy.
I love this forum............to death.I think dying is normal.Just ignore me!
wilikas

Post by wilikas »

The music of Suikoden, and the art.
Gen. Dirge

Post by Gen. Dirge »

wilikas wrote:The music of Suikoden, and the art.
I concur. It inspires me to do almost anything Suikoden-related.
"I wish that days like this could just go on forever....." -Snowe Vingerhut

http://www.kian-sama.deviantart.com | http://saintdouchebag.tumblr.com/
Hey babycakes ;D
Tenko5

Post by Tenko5 »

Alot of times I play movies on my laptop while playing games. And, if I rewatch that movie I get an inkling to play the same game. Like I was watching Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and Shoot em up while at the best parts of bioshock so if i watch them i end up playing it again, beating it most of the time. Also, i listen to my zune instead sometimes so sometimes a song will play while watching a certain cutscene or something and i link them forever.
Those who know much suffer much. "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Why can't you be more sincere and earnest?! Like me!
Kyle: Yeah, how's that working out for you again?
Non Serviam

Post by Non Serviam »

mainly for the story...which is why I usually wait at least a year or so before I replay a JRPG.
Gen. Dirge

Post by Gen. Dirge »

Oh, fanarts and spazz parodies or crack amvs.
Last edited by Gen. Dirge on Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I wish that days like this could just go on forever....." -Snowe Vingerhut

http://www.kian-sama.deviantart.com | http://saintdouchebag.tumblr.com/
Hey babycakes ;D
Michael Easton

Post by Michael Easton »

Nostalgia.
Mikalakatov

Post by Mikalakatov »

Usually the music does it for me, or I'll be thinking of something and it reminds me of the games and I'd have to pay them. Like right now my friend and I started up a roleplaying stie for Suikoden and I'm replaying through 3 since it takes place 5 years after the events of 3.